Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-09-2006, 03:47 PM   #1
QuP-NcY
Starter Motor

Default V8 Supercar Bodykits

Hi guys i currently drive a BA XR6 TURBO and wanted to put a bodykit on it and i was wondering if any of u guys knew where i could get a BA V8 Supercar Bodykit... cause ive been lookin around for a while but cant find anythin... so i was hopin someone here knew...
thanks guys... i appreciate it..

QuP-NcY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2006, 04:02 PM   #2
davro_xr6
HRN13 (formerly X-Rated)

Mate I know SSV down in Sydney used to one for the early E - AU series - but no idea on the BA's - might be a custom jobby me suspects...
Upgrades so far... : 2003 BA XT n/a 6 - Lowered 3" - Lovell Lowered Race Springs front & Rear - Pedders Sports Rider Shocks front and Rear - 18" x 8.5" AMG Akuza Mags - Pacemaker Headers - 2.5" Redback exhaust system - High flow cat - cat back - no muffler - Quck shifter kit - Typhoon CAI - custom stereo & boot install - Bonnet decal :
davro_xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2006, 04:09 PM   #3
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

yes you can get them but im not telling you where because they only look good on a supercar with its WIDE gard filling rims and buldging rubber and the impossible to live with ride height of a supercar... dont do it man instead you can get an add on kit for your xr6t i think its from herrod but not sure...they look mean, or you could lower it
Old 07-09-2006, 05:22 PM   #4
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Might be something here:-

http://www.bodykits.com.au/
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2006, 08:51 PM   #5
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hell of allot of work to get one to fit, they requirer special front rails and front guards because a falcon V8 supercar has pumped front guards.
Also the front splitter will scrape and rapidly destroy itself over every second bump in the road, don't waste your coin!

Old 07-09-2006, 11:14 PM   #6
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Don't do it, you dont drive a V8 supercar!!!!!!!!!!!
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
EASYBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2006, 12:12 AM   #7
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Don't spoil the cars looks, Everyone i have seen with supercar fronts look **** bad.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:16 AM   #8
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What others have said... Plus, you don't have a V8 =P
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post