Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-06-2006, 06:38 PM   #1
stock au
Need go fast bit's

Default Loss of water

Well i just got home from work and as i pulled under the carport i noticed
something like somke coming from under the passenger wheel.
So i stopped the engine and then there was a lot of it coming out.
Thinking it was still smoke i popped the bonnet to realize that it was steam.
I'm not low on any coolant or washer water however there seemed to be water leaking from one of the heater hoses. I will get the cooling system checked tomorrow, but has any one else had a problem with hoses spliting
and it's a v8 not a six so i don't know if this is because i don't have the fail
safe cooling system, but any advice would be great thanks guys.

stock au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 08:55 PM   #2
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not sure but i think the air con drain is on the left hand side, had you been using the air con too demist??, what color was the water coming out? the coolant color is pretty easy too spot, if in doubt get them to do a pressure test on your cooling system, not worth hurting the donk, it might be a pin hole some where and it`s spraying on the hot engine.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 09:19 PM   #3
XR6Stu

Could possibly be power steering fluid. This will also steam. It is how I discovered I had a power steering problem. Still havent fixed it, but I know to keep an eye on fluid levels!
XR6Stu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 09:35 PM   #4
stock au
Need go fast bit's

It's coming from the black hoses that go into the fire wall. So i assume that's the heater hoses. I seen a couple drips coming from where they connect up inside the
engine bay. May just be a loose hose connection maybe.
stock au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 09:48 PM   #5
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have a look at the heater tap, they do fail after a while on the V8's.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post