Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-03-2005, 04:06 PM   #1
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Austtralian Muscle car Drag day

I see the results posted in the latest Australian Musclecar mag show Ford could only manage a 4th fastest..
While the time in question is an excellent time for that model i feel a bit dissapointed that other models of similar modification (XAGT, XWGT, BAGT)couldn't compete (due to dissagreement with the rules??!!) and take the top spot for the Blue oval.
The Times posted by some of the cars would seem at odds with the stated rules of "stock".
Its a shame Ford was only lightly represented as many quality Fords were turned away because their cars were deemed not "stock".
Does anyone have any ideas we might me able to put forward to the organisers if this event happens again so the Blue oval has a chance of a good result??
4TH might be acceptable to some but 1st is the only place i aim for in anything i do.
I think if they're going to make "stock" a criteria than cars need to be more tightly scrutineered and the rule applied more consistantly, otherwise it should be open slather!

Last edited by 4Vman; 15-03-2005 at 04:07 PM.
4Vman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post