Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-06-2006, 02:53 AM   #1
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Foot Mat needs re-glueing

Hi all,

My Foot Mat on the drivers side has some un-glued.

How can I restick this ?

Can I clean the surfaces and re-glue ? If so, what glue and where is best to get it from ?

Any tips on how best to do it would be helpful.

Cheers

Old 04-06-2006, 03:21 AM   #2
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

even using good old silicone would stick it back on no trouble i recon ;) , im actually suprised it has come completely off ! . With a surface area so large it would probably take a while for the silicone to fully cure ( maybe poke a few pin holes in the mat to get air under it and it would cure quicker ), either way it would priobably end up being one of the most durable adhesives in the end despite the curing time because of the large area and not much air to help it cure quickly .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2006, 03:17 PM   #3
chief
FTF Club Moderator

The 3M spray on glue is good stuff. Its called Super 75. Just check the numbers because the different number = different use what could stuff you up. It cures in just minutes as well.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2006, 06:39 PM   #4
Burley
CRE.87V

go to any car trimmers ask for contact adhesive...im a trimmer when we get these cases in we usually place contact adhesive on both surfaces wait a few minutes then bond these together...in some cases we have even pulled the carpets out a under the sewing machine we stitch around the heel mat...u buy 2l drums of this for under 100 bucks....take a jam jar in..ull prob pay like 5 or 10 bucks to fill one..this will do the job fine

hope this helps
Burley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2006, 08:26 PM   #5
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burley
go to any car trimmers ask for contact adhesive...im a trimmer when we get these cases in we usually place contact adhesive on both surfaces wait a few minutes then bond these together...in some cases we have even pulled the carpets out a under the sewing machine we stitch around the heel mat...u buy 2l drums of this for under 100 bucks....take a jam jar in..ull prob pay like 5 or 10 bucks to fill one..this will do the job fine

hope this helps
yeah thanks man, i noticed that it has stiches around the edges so that is clearly what the last owner has done.

Any recommendations on what adhesive ?