Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 26-05-2006, 08:45 AM   #1
Forest Bear

Default Ford Focus stranded! :-(

My car sits in a parking bay in the city (Melbourne) going no where at this time.

The alarm stuffed up and prevented me from starting the vehicle. I tried entering the pin number by counting LED flashes as instructed by the over-ride flash card in my wallet for about an hour to no avail. The flashes go too quickly. And LED flashes only when bonnet is up.

Call to dealer yielded little help. Basically it ruined what was a good day with a lady friend. But hey we watched the socceross beat Greece at Fed Square so it made it okay. Then I had to catch the train home. Sucko. :-)

Luckily I parked it in a safe and well lit spot next to a 24hour call centre where lots of staff go smoko all the time.

Today the dealer will arrange for alarm techician to go out and rectify the problem. I want the alarm permanently disabled or removed so this does not happen again. They want to charge me a call out fee.

The alarm was dealer fitted as an accessory. I think it is a malfunction and is covered under warranty. I don't think I should pay anything. What do you guys reckon?

Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 09:03 AM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

I dont think you should have to pay, they fitted it, they service/repair it.

on a side note, get RACV total care, would have been a free tow home and then you know your car is safe in your driveway, well worth the money.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 09:04 AM   #3
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Focus stranded

Ahh thats bad luck,

In regards to the dealership. I would NOT be paying any fee, seeing the guy/girl alarm tech that comes out to see you will most likely be from the company that fitted the alarm as a ''factory dealer'' option (all options fitted by the dealer at the time of purchase are covered under the new car warranty)

I would be calling Ford again and requesting to speak to the Service manager (mobile service if they have one)
Make it clear that this is a malfunction of the alarm which is covered under warranty, it has prevented you from driving your car and has left your car completely disabled in a public place which could have led to some young twats damaging your car for the sake of it (it happened to my mums civic, they punched her roof in, needs new roof skin.. VERY EXPENSIVE)

Pull their leg a little more and say that because of this malfunction it has severely thrown a spanner in the works regarding work transport and that problems like this with a new car are not on.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 11:03 AM   #4
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Demand the car to be fixed, not at your cost. It would be a warranty repair. You need to be firm I've learnt. After two months of ownership, I was asked to pay $66/day for a courtesy (pft yea right) car... when I just paid $34,500 for a NEW car. I through a hissy-fit and told them they were giving me a loan car and fixing my car for once and for all.

You just need to be really firm with them - It is a safety issue for you being stuck somewhere in the City alone with no where to go. What if it happened at 4am? So yea, be firm - they will and HAVE TO replace it.

Now, time for me to head to my dealer and demand my car be returned today.... *sigh*

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 02:43 PM   #5
Forest Bear

I meet up with the alarm guy from M1 Motor Group where my car was parked and he managed to fix it good and proper.

The alarm had initially blown a fuse so he put another one in. It blew too. So he replaced the whole alarm module. Explains why I couldn't do a blipping thing.

Anyway. I didn't pay anything for it. But I got stung $3.20 for a train ride home last night, $19.50 for taxi ride to meet the alarm guy at my car and $50 parking fine from the city council which I will object to.

I paid up for RACV Extra Care the moment I came home last night.
Old 26-05-2006, 02:58 PM   #6
crispymk2

You could have even got a taxi home and sent them the bill... seriously! They are fully responsible and required to sort it out without charge. good luck
Old 26-05-2006, 06:57 PM   #7
FocusLX06

erm Ford Road side assistance should fix this without even a question of $$$.
Old 26-05-2006, 07:10 PM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Fords come with Road Side Assistance?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 26-05-2006, 10:57 PM   #9
Forest Bear

No Road Side Assistance was included nor even offered for a fee when I purchased my Zetec. It is pretty poor of Ford.
Old 26-05-2006, 11:03 PM   #10
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.ford.com.au/owners/roadsi...t/standard.asp it doesn't apply to Focus!?
Old 27-05-2006, 11:38 AM   #11
KJGH
G6E Driver

We got roadside with our Foci for 12 months.
Old 27-05-2006, 02:10 PM   #12
FRA
Mr Focus

The warranty means about F@$K all.
So when Ford calls you for your next servies, just tell the person who call you what happen and say I'll be taking my business else where and thanks for the call. Ultra Tune will do your service and you won't lose your warranty. It's one of the things they advertise.
Ford will change there tune...LOL
I really do feel sorry for ya, it's just aload of B.S mate
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2006, 06:51 PM   #13
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondeost24
Nope - looks like it doesn't! Thankfully Renault provide it whilst the car is under warranty (3 years) - It is outsourced through NRMA (RACV?). Great, especially considering the new 182s don't have spare tyres!

As for Ford - Very disappointed in no Roadside Assistance... even for the XR5T!