Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 03-05-2006, 10:24 AM   #1
Beancounter
Starter Motor

Default K&N Panel Filter for new focus

Hey folks
Just a quick question, has anyone installed a K&N / BMC panel filter into the new focus (mk2)? If so what was the part number? I rang the local K&N agent here in Auckland and he had no idea.
Also the hose clamp securing the tube from the throttle body to the air box is there any specific method to get this off other than cutting it off? It appears to me to be a non interference (life time) hose clamp.

Cheers
Steve

Beancounter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 08:08 PM   #2
FRA
Mr Focus

Are you talking about the Zetec mk2 or Duratec?
If you are asking about the Zetec mk2, I do have the part number but would be different to your K&N agent.
If it is the Duratec your asking about, I have no idea.
All the best finding what your looking for.
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 10:20 PM   #3
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

K&N is 33-2877. That was off their site, you might want to double check. Found the one for my car easy enough. The hose on the air box pulls off easy enough, if thats the one you mean.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:20 AM   #4
Beancounter
Starter Motor

Hi guys
Sorry I should have been a bit more specific, yes it is the 2.0 Duratec HE motor in a new 2005 Zetec.
I checked the K&N website also but it refers only to the Focus II, I am reluctant to shell out $100 over the net without being 100% positive.

Cheers
Steve
Beancounter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2006, 12:05 PM   #5
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Mine was $65 from Repco. At least there you can take it back if it doesn't fit.