Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-04-2006, 10:46 PM   #1
zoomzoom

Default Unmarked Police Cars

Hi Every one
Today i was cruising back from Kurnell in sydney along the princess hwy heading towards the city. i was stopped at the traffic lights at Blackhurst and i seen this mean looking black XR heading towards me it looked unreal .I didnt take much noticed of it until it got next to me it had the darkest window tint(i have 20% tint on my car and i thought that was dark) this was F##king dark.Any way i look closer and its a F6 Typhoon with aftermarket wheels they looked like 19 this thing look faboulos it was amazing i couldnt stopp staring at it i fell in love it may have been lowered also . in my staring at this car it was a unmarked cop car it had two aerials on the back screen and looking closer at it it had the blue and red lights in the front screen the number plates were FTY007 i was shocked to see the police force in such a great looking car . sorry to bore some of you but i had to share this.I eevn think it was a manual but i was berwildered at the way it looked

I wonder if anyone else has seen this car or heard or seen of the police force having Typhoons as patrol cars

zoomzoom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2006, 10:53 PM   #2
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mmmmm, just wait till FPV release a blown boss motor. Black, blown V8 falcon cop cars stalking the streets. Sorry, mad max moment...
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2006, 11:56 PM   #3
sven

damn FPV cop cars!! i wanna be a cop just to drive that!! guess you wouldn't suspect it: lowered rims and custom plates, three things that scream "I'M NOT A COP!!!".. good on em for getting cars that will catch the d#$@heads that try to outrun them.
Old 30-04-2006, 11:56 PM   #4
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

I stopped next to a N/A XR6 in gunmetal grey up near Warringah Mall today- was a plain clothes copper but the strange thing was it had orange GT stripes along it?? No Bonnet bulge of other points of difference though.....

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

FG G6 Ego, tech pack, Tropic gold 1973 Landau, Cosmic blue 1975 P5 LTD....long term project
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im just bored of the single/narrow minded...
RAREV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 12:05 AM   #5
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Whats the bet that thing just cruises around the drag racing areas trying to bait someone, then as they nail it the lights come on and its all over.

Good to see the police once again are able to dodge the laws that the rest of us adhere by. IE the tinting.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 12:21 AM   #6
nothin' so gr8
Please Mum, I want a Ford

Unmarked cop cars have their place, but that's just baiting.
nothin' so gr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 12:28 AM   #7
EF302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black XR6
Whats the bet that thing just cruises around the drag racing areas trying to bait someone, then as they nail it the lights come on and its all over.
bet there is a few gen3 drivers around kicking themselves
EF302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 09:55 AM   #8
paulvdb

You certainly have to keep your eye open with the unmarked cars. Saw a VRX AWD Magna last week in Western Sydney with the appropriate lights on the dash and rear parcel shelf - at least SOMEONE bought a Magna :-)
paulvdb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 10:14 AM   #9
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Bah, come to Canberra where the unmarked cop cars out number the marked cars, and we only have a small population. As much as it anyoies me that police can have mods that we can't (darker then legal tints), if it get absolute d***heads off the road (like how I used to drive), then good on them... then they won't prang my car....

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post