Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 24-03-2006, 01:02 PM   #1
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Default Mandrel Bent or Therma Flex

Hello Peeps.

Im just weighing up my options for a new intake pipe. I am currently using the stock ford one that was attached to the air box and just spun it around with a pod on the end. But after about 6 months the pipe has lost its integrity and will soon melt.

Now I have three options

a) Buy a universal pipe from rocket ind or supercheap and modify it to suit if necessary
b) Get a custom one done from local exhaust shop (2 1/4inch mandrel)
c) Use thermaflex (pvc/neoprene/silicon) with 1 90 degree bend.

I think all three options would cost about the same. But with the universal kits some of em come with a pod cover of some sorts, which kinda is making me lean towards it.

Any feedback would be great.

Cheers

Damo

Old 24-03-2006, 04:21 PM   #2
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Well you know which option i chose! :P

Option B sounds best.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post