Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 24-02-2006, 07:54 PM   #1
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Default Commodoore guys are a funny bunch !

A bloke I know , who for as long as Ive known him, 5 or 6 years , has always had holdens! LJ torana , VS clubbed seal , and more recently a VK 5ltr commodore, A couple of months back he bought a used BA XR6 sedan , and I have just seen it for the first time ! HAHAHAHAHAHA All the things I have been trying to tell him and the rest of those other sided people , he is now saying it too ! we were just talking to another holden bloke and I am every couple of minutes ribbing them about their cars and the new ford owner sticks up for the holdens , and then says , " I must admit my BA is the smoothest , quietest nicest to drive car Ive Ever owned ! Its smooth and goes like a shower of s#!t, not all bumpy and rattaly like my old commodores, Its just a great car to drive ! HEHEHEHEHE. I have been for years trying to tell them what a real car is like but they just dont listen ............................ !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Old 24-02-2006, 07:59 PM   #2
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Another one converted!!!!!! you beauty...
Old 24-02-2006, 08:01 PM   #3
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I guess some are not as one eyed as others.

You'd wanna hope that a BA is more refined than a VK Commodore or a Torana, but then I sometimes wonder.
Old 24-02-2006, 08:01 PM   #4
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I know quite a few Holden boys that have been tempted by the BA, the XR6T in particular seems to have a good following.
Old 24-02-2006, 08:05 PM   #5
Ultimate
Pimp Daddy Pimp Pimp

Location: Queensland Events Assistant Co-Ordinator. Fiery's Little Helper

Lol in brisbane there is this group of holden tools run around driving around mt cootha lol i was up there last time made me do circle work in the parking lot
---------------------------------------------------
AFF Merchandise

Excellent Purchases With: AFF Team, Rooster, Russ
Old 24-02-2006, 08:07 PM   #6
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

least he was a "older" person who converted, theres no converting the young minded one eye'd loser commo drivers like some of my mates
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Old 24-02-2006, 08:11 PM   #7
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grechie
least he was a "older" person who converted, theres no converting the young minded one eye'd loser commo drivers like some of my mates
haha its funny, what about all the one eyed ford losers that have come out of the wood work claiming the BA is the second coming of Jesus? :

it works both ways...
Old 24-02-2006, 08:13 PM   #8
big_pete
Sublime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate
Lol in brisbane there is this group of holden tools run around driving around mt cootha lol i was up there last time made me do circle work in the parking lot
sure........... _2:

"but officer, they made me do it"
Old 24-02-2006, 08:20 PM   #9
el_sparko
turbo kid

hehe, not all young drivers out there stick to either ford or holden. most of my mates drive holdens but love driving their parents fords when they get a chance to. _2:
Old 24-02-2006, 08:21 PM   #10
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grechie
Not so, the 19 year old that works for me (has a 12 second VH) is one eyed as Collingwood supporter : he took an auto XR6t ute for a test drive, and is now saving for one. :
Old 24-02-2006, 08:22 PM   #11
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

BIG PETE , a little off topic , but that aviter is sicK mate ! Its just wrong !

The little bugger should be blowing the smoke out his nose and making smoke rings.......HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Old 24-02-2006, 08:42 PM   #12
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im only 20 and since being here ive been tempted to go a different direction and get a EL Falcon or something.

Its crossed my mind alot of times actually but I still think I would have a soft spot for Holdens even if I do.

Theres a real nice dark green EF/EL Falcon up from where I live with gold wheels and theres alot of nice EAs,EBs,EDs so if I ever do buy one its from these cars.
Old 24-02-2006, 08:55 PM   #13
gmhdriver
Banned

Comparing a VK Commodore and Torana to a BA.... geez that's a fair comparison.
Old 24-02-2006, 08:59 PM   #14
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhdriver
How'ed I know you'd pop your head up in here? You just cant help yourself can you?
Stay out of this thread(or any other thread with the word Holden it it) and stop having to have your 2c about Holden greatness in a Ford Forum.

So what if its comparing a BA to a 1932 Russian Tractor.. Just deal with it.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 24-02-2006, 09:03 PM   #15
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
How'ed I know you'd pop your head up in here? You just cant help yourself can you?
Stay out of this thread(or any other thread with the word Holden it it) and stop having to have your 2c about Holden greatness in a Ford Forum.

Muahahhahahahah. Cop that gmhdriver
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
Old 24-02-2006, 09:08 PM   #16
gmhdriver
Banned

Quote:

How about you stop attacking everything I write? It's obvious you're only doing it for your own personal glory and to show off, rather than a genuine wrong doing on my part.
Old 24-02-2006, 09:12 PM   #17
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It's obvious you're only doing it for your own personal glory and to show off, rather than a genuine wrong doing on my part.
thats not fair, he cant have all the glory! ROFL.
Old 24-02-2006, 09:13 PM   #18
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
How about you stop attacking everything I write? It's obvious you're only doing it for your own personal glory and to show off, rather than a genuine wrong doing on my part.
actually I'm doing it in response to my PM Box and Email going apeИИИИ everytime you stick your nose into a Ford/Holden debate.. well actually CREATE a Ford/Holden debate.

I dont need to do it for "personal glory" or to "show off". I've been on these forums for long enough for most people to know me and know who I am.

Ask Ryan, Keepleft or many others people have called to be banned.. I'm not "out to get" anyone, infact I have gone out of my way to help people. Unfortunatly some like you appear be beyond help because you keep popping up sprouting the same old crap about "dont pick on Holdens, they are great" over and over and over again.
For as long as you do that I will hammer you over and over and over again.

Old 24-02-2006, 09:16 PM   #19
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Quote:
The young fellas dad drives a CV8 Monaro, so he knows the score.
Old 24-02-2006, 09:18 PM   #20
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevlndStemer
haha its funny, what about all the one eyed ford losers that have come out of the wood work claiming the BA is the second coming of Jesus? :

it works both ways...

never seen any, which doesnt mean there isnt any, but if u were here, ud see EXACTLY wat i mean...
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Old 24-02-2006, 09:20 PM   #21
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Let me spell this out. If you want to pop your head up everywhere and make posts like that then expect it to get smacked. You do not get to make posts like that to moderators without some form of action, which I'll leave up to casper. If you feel you are getting picked on you should be PMing an Admin and letting them look into it. Having a public go at a mod will always end in tears... yours
Old 24-02-2006, 09:39 PM   #22
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Mate im going to say this not to be a ***** but just trying to help.

You really need to stop arking up in all the Holdens threads, now I love Holdens as much as you do but getting stroppy isnt the way to go and I learned that from past mistakes.

Just relax, be honest but tone down on enforcing your beliefs.
Old 24-02-2006, 09:40 PM   #23
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:

If this were parliament house you would hear a resounding hear, hear!!! out: : out: : out: :
Old 24-02-2006, 09:48 PM   #24
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
ens threads, now I love Holdens as much as you do
Believe it or not.. so do I .. but I don't feel the need to keep on crapping on. I must be some sort of wierdo ( yeah yeah ) but I like them both. I definitely prefer Fords but I really like the holdens too.
Some people need a chill pill. I applaud you ryan for coming to the realisation that it's easier to just ignore it.
Old 24-02-2006, 09:51 PM   #25
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man
A bloke I know , who for as long as Ive known him, 5 or 6 years , has always had holdens! LJ torana , VS clubbed seal , and more recently a VK 5ltr commodore, A couple of months back he bought a used BA XR6 sedan , and I have just seen it for the first time ! HAHAHAHAHAHA All the things I have been trying to tell him and the rest of those other sided people , he is now saying it too ! we were just talking to another holden bloke and I am every couple of minutes ribbing them about their cars and the new ford owner sticks up for the holdens , and then says , " I must admit my BA is the smoothest , quietest nicest to drive car Ive Ever owned ! Its smooth and goes like a shower of s#!t, not all bumpy and rattaly like my old commodores, Its just a great car to drive ! HEHEHEHEHE. I have been for years trying to tell them what a real car is like but they just dont listen ............................ !
Reminds me of the days when I worked for Ford and a few fans were jumping ship to grab the LS1 instead of the windsor. We are going well, awesome product, miles ahead of the competition. A few V8 championships, just one milestone left BATHURST!!!
Old 24-02-2006, 10:46 PM   #26
Franky
Bring back the Phase

Quote:

how come you pop your head up everytime there is a Ford mentioned in a thread??? lol nevermind I just realised it's a FORD forums :

gmhdriver if you want there are thousands of Holden threads in the LS1 forums you can pop into whenever you please
Old 24-02-2006, 10:53 PM   #27
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

hands up everyone who would like to hear from gmhdriver again?

Old 24-02-2006, 10:56 PM   #28
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

I used to drive a Gemini... but only cause it was free.

But it wasn't really a Holdon anyway... actually an Isuzu.

No I am not in denial.

Oh and Gmhdriver should be quiet for a while. If I cared about the price of tea in china, I'd be asking on chineseteaforums.com. But since this isn't chineseteaforums.com, I am not going to ask about the price of tea in China, now am I?
Old 24-02-2006, 10:56 PM   #29
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevlndStemer

it works both ways...
The BA bought back Ford from dire straights in this country, so close enough.
Old 24-02-2006, 10:56 PM   #30
Franky
Bring back the Phase

he's like a genie who magically appears everytime you say the magic word, if nobody says it he might just dissapear forever....
Closed Thread