Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-01-2006, 02:04 PM   #1
rs2k
Mk2 rs2000

Default AU2 Auto Issues.

Maybe a simple answer but i have no idea....
AU2 auto stock as a rock, straight LPG.
Lowered to King SSL with tickford 17's.

When driving and going over bumps in the road you can see the gear selector move 5mm either side of drive. As if it's going to jump into N or 3rd. Is there anyway to tighten the selector or is the something worse going on with the trans???

rs2k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 02:13 PM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Its lowered, it will move around.

Suggest check the rear gearbox mount is in good condition, as well as the engine mounts, if they are fine then I have no idea.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 08:43 PM   #3
GUTLES
Adam.

i drove my boss's au2 xr6 ute a few weeks back & noticed the same thing, mentioned it to him & he had it checked when it had a service & they reckon it was ok.. its not lowered either..

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 09:17 PM   #4
HLC
Audi S3

my AU2 on stock rims and stock ride height, when i go over bumps the T-bar moves quite severely. just drive with one hand on the wheel and one on the T-bar. quick fix. :hihi:
Old 24-01-2006, 09:22 PM   #5
Baboon_AU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it does it on all AU autos.. there was a previous thread about this same issue... there is nothing u can do.. the selector can be pushed down in to 3 and 2 without pushing the button in...

1981 XD Fairmont 351 - 351 Cleveland, ARP bolts, flat top pistons, Stage 3 Dynotec cam, ported 2V heads with 4V valves, Roller Rockers, Weiand manifold, Mighty Demon, 1/2" fuel lines with blue Holley fuel pump, Crane hi-6 ignition, B&M megashifter, C4, hi-stall, shift kit, 3.77 Ford 9" LSD.

Thanks to: EvilChief and SJW Performance
Baboon_AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 09:27 PM   #6
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

AU2 , same problem here. Not thats its really a problem..
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 10:06 PM   #7
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Mine moves around a bit as well. It concerned me at first but then I read that its a common thing.

I guess if it bothers you, try not to look at it! LOL!

I guess it's like annoying rattles, you know they're nothing to worry about, but they still bug the heck out of you anyway!

GK
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post