Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 14-10-2005, 07:40 PM   #1
NIGHTHAWK
starter motor

Cool My wife is devasted

On her way to her mother,s this morning my wife was passing through a set of lights at albany creek when ayoung lady of 18 failed to give way and turned right and smacked her a good one, the air bag went off and she nearly freaked. The upshot is although she bought the car for $7990.00 we insured it for $10,000 however there is a lot of damage and she is frightened she will lose her beloved xr6.She drove this thing like an old granma,endless stories of how many different cars wanted to take her on. She all ways drove the car with the economy switch on. God knows what will happen if she loses it.

NIGHTHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 08:19 PM   #2
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Sorry to hear of the accident, the main thing is she is OK. The airbag going off doesn't necessarily write off a car in itself but it does get pricey... hopefully insurance can come to the rescue. At worst, a replacement car would be much safer than a half-hearted repair job.
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 08:44 PM   #3
xespac

That's a shame to hear, if it is really alot of damage then it's always best to buy a new car, one that hasn't had a smash*been buckeld* =)

May I ask, where abouts on the car was she hit??
xespac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 09:52 PM   #4
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

man... if the air bags gone of it sounds like its been a decent hit...... Id be thinking the Xr may not be comming home... Damm it.. bad luck mate
INJECTED_250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2005, 12:05 AM   #5
24CIT
back to the shop........

that is not cool at all! was any one hurt? hopefully not! as much as we love them, cars can be replaced! loved ones cant! hope everything works out ok!
Old 15-10-2005, 08:19 AM   #6
NIGHTHAWK
starter motor

Cool

Jodie got taken to the hospital just as a precaution, every seems to be ok but she is a bit sore today. The girl who hit her not only failed to give way to jodie but she was actually going at a rate of knots to try and beat her, so it was a good hit. Actually we only just had a new radiator put under warranty too.
Old 15-10-2005, 02:51 PM   #7
Dezza
Parts bin special

I regretfully say that I did that once. I turned in front of an XH XR6 ute. I saw it but it was too late. I braked but the front of the car was a bit too far on the other side of the road. Luckily no serious injuries, even if the woman in the passenger seat did go off in the ambulance (she got some pretty deep scratches). The ute was a write off. My car spent 2 months getting the entire front end reconstructed. I got charged with Failure to Give Way. On the positive, I've learnt from my mistakes, and I am now a far better driver.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2005, 03:01 PM   #8
xespac

Yeah, my mother was driving her mitsubishi that she got for a few thousand, indicating to turn left, but she realized it was wrong turn....then proceeded to accelerate to the next turn. A ladie pulled out thinking it's safe because she is turning left.... my mother hit the other ladies car at about 70 clicks (didn't even have time to brake) and her car was a write off.... so was my mothers.... neither of 'em got charged for anything, ladie had to cough up $4k.
xespac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 08:07 PM   #9
NIGHTHAWK
starter motor

Cool

She had an old toyota corona 86 model,it was in good condition which she liked but this xr6 was her pride and joy, god knows what is going to happen if they write it off.