Old 29-09-2005, 03:45 PM   #1
BlackLS

Default Truckie that caused 35 car pileup jailed

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,16758736-2,00.html

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 04:22 PM   #2
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

Lets hope we never see him in a truck ever again!! What carelessness, some (not all) truckies have no idea when it comes to safe driving....

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
vino3o2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 04:26 PM   #3
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Justice has been served.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 05:04 PM   #4
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Idiot deserves everything he gets, hopefully he'll get to share a cell with a big,black gay man named Bubba :
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 06:19 PM   #5
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As much as I feel for his family he did some very stoopid things,tried to hide them and did it time and time again. He got what he deserved :
Old 29-09-2005, 06:43 PM   #6
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

His actions resulted in the Safe T Cam at Wyong F3, being relocated south, where it now does service near the Mt White weigh station.

That story is one of serious economic circumstance in his business and lousy judgment actions on his part.

Rem though, (and this is not excusing actions here) that a crash was on the road and he literally ran into it, in his case into slowing down, and rubber necking, traffic.

NOW, please do buy a (Euro) warning triangle for your car.

Those of you with CB, use it to give alert to other traffic about crashes and obstructions on road. IF your stuck in the rear of a traffic jam on a high speed road owing a crash scene, activate those hazard warning lights on approach and whilst stopped. You seriously learn this on your L's in Germany.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf

Last edited by Keepleft; 29-09-2005 at 06:53 PM.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 06:46 PM   #7
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That goes to show the mentality of some trucks drivers who are empowered to drive 45 tonne weapons.

PREVIOUS RIDES
AU3 VENOM RED XR8, 19" SILVER ARGENTS, REBEL BODY KIT & 6/4 BREMBOS
MARS RED FG MK2 XR6 ECOLPI, SILVER ARGENT 19" RIMS & TINT
BLOOD ORANGE BA GTP, QUAD EXHAUST, SUNROOF, CHIPPED, SS CAI, 320KW
NAROOMA BLUE AU3 HERROD XR8- SS CAI, TS RIMS, 6/4 BREMBOS, TWIN SPOILER, REBEL BODY KIT & TUNED BY ELITE
VENOM GTP, HERROD EXHAUST, DVD PLAYER, WINDOW TINT, SS CAI, STEALTH
VENOM AU11 TE50, HERROD LOWERED, HEADERS AND EXHAUST
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JAJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 06:51 PM   #8
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

JAJH wrote: "That goes to show the mentality of some trucks drivers who are empowered to drive 45 tonne weapons".

AGREED, BUT the same scenario also applies to all road users.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Old 29-09-2005, 07:17 PM   #9
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

So that's why they moved the Safe-T-Cam at Wyong.

Oh well, justice is served, what he did was bloody recklessand his gaoling will never really compensate the family that lost a loved one.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods

Last edited by Fairlane; 29-09-2005 at 07:34 PM.
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 07:18 PM   #10
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft

AGREED, BUT the same scenario also applies to all road users.
Yes, I know it does, but the majority of road users don't have 45 tonne at their disposal.

PREVIOUS RIDES
AU3 VENOM RED XR8, 19" SILVER ARGENTS, REBEL BODY KIT & 6/4 BREMBOS
MARS RED FG MK2 XR6 ECOLPI, SILVER ARGENT 19" RIMS & TINT
BLOOD ORANGE BA GTP, QUAD EXHAUST, SUNROOF, CHIPPED, SS CAI, 320KW
NAROOMA BLUE AU3 HERROD XR8- SS CAI, TS RIMS, 6/4 BREMBOS, TWIN SPOILER, REBEL BODY KIT & TUNED BY ELITE
VENOM GTP, HERROD EXHAUST, DVD PLAYER, WINDOW TINT, SS CAI, STEALTH
VENOM AU11 TE50, HERROD LOWERED, HEADERS AND EXHAUST
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JAJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 07:37 PM   #11
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

Not only the families that have to deal with it. What about the poor blokes from Kariong Rural Fire Brigade (First emergency Service on scene for the second accident) who were called out to "fuel on the road" and only responded one truck, only to arrive unsupported at the largest Motor Vehicle Accident in Australian automotive history.

Worst bit was that they had been told that all occupants of the car that was on fire had got out (don't know who by) and so they weren't expecting to suddenly realise that they had a crispy critter. Not a nice prospect when your expecting it, but downright frightening when all of a sudden you realise that you have been hosing down a dead body for the last 10 minutes without even realising it...

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 08:24 PM   #12
rob_o

Good to hear hes finally in jail. He deserves it. I saw him in gosford court a few months back with all the media around him.
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 08:28 PM   #13
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:

NOW, please do buy a (Euro) warning triangle for your car.
im sorry, but how the hell would a triangle stop the incedent from happening?
im starting to get really sick of you trying to ram home the get a red triangle get a red triangle in every post...

this reply will probably be removed but how can you say that the triangle's stop accidents? accidents occur mostly through someone being careless and hitting a car. if there is a triangle in front of that car it wont stop mr or mrs careless who isnt watching the road from hitting it.?

do you get some kind of commission from every red triangle you sell?
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 08:45 PM   #14
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
im starting to get really sick of you trying to ram home the get a red triangle get a red triangle in every post...

this reply will probably be removed but how can you say that the triangle's stop accidents? accidents occur mostly through someone being careless and hitting a car. if there is a triangle in front of that car it wont stop mr or mrs careless who isnt watching the road from hitting it.?

do you get some kind of commission from every red triangle you sell?
i was thinking the same thing. im sick of hearing about triangles too. maybe you think its safe to get out of your car on a freeway after youve crashed so you can dig around the boot to find a triangle (oh thats gonna be good when the next car rams up your ar%e!), but in most cases getting out on a freeway is more dangerous than staying put.
also we live in AUSTRALIA, not France, not Germany nor anywhere else so give it a rest. if its that bad here then go back over there.

also try and use QUOTES as well...its so much easier to read.

Last edited by Kryton; 29-09-2005 at 08:51 PM.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 08:51 PM   #15
NZ
~~~

Perhaps he means for other people to put up their triangle when they see a crash?
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 09:13 PM   #16
Kryton

possibly i guess but a triangle wouldnt stop what happened.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 09:49 PM   #17
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Word's can not describe this fool. I have Crossed the Mooney mooney bridge five times, and each time I cross it I get goose bumbs. The shear hight and the gradiant of this bridge is awesome.

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 10:53 PM   #18
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJH
Yes, I know it does, but the majority of road users don't have 45 tonne at their disposal.
True... some of us have 62 tonne
Old 29-09-2005, 11:48 PM   #19
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
Word's can not describe this fool. I have Crossed the Mooney mooney bridge five times, and each time I cross it I get goose bumbs. The shear hight and the gradiant of this bridge is awesome.
It would be pretty tough for any truck to pull up rounding the bend from gosford direction and suddenly finding himself fast closing a traffic jam. Either direction would be dangerous. Thats probably one of the most speeded on parts of the freeway and its rarely ever policed. I cant remember seeing a cop there ever and ive been over it hundreds of times.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 11:53 PM   #20
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Young Un wrote:

"only to arrive unsupported at the largest Motor Vehicle Accident in Australian automotive history".

Not the largest squire by any means, but certainly and tragically 'spectacular'. This award falls to the 1986 F6 crash involving all up 83 cars in heavy fog, happened not far from the then toll gates on that southbound downhill run. Car three was a then police Inspector:-)

It was this particular crash that resulted in the then UNIQUE NSW allowance of using your "hazard warning lights on moving vehicles under hazardous weather conditions causing reduced visibility". (To aid seeing vehicles ahead). These days, we call it Australian Road Rule 221(e). I do NOT support the allowance. Another time...

Another on the same road had 53 or so in similar circumstances at a later date. It's had some lucky escapes in other weather related crashes too, one where a fully laden Ampol tanker almost impacted stationary traffic at a crash (sound familiar to the F3 tale?), his actions at actually haven driven at an appropriate speed saved many.

One of the most expensive from recent memory in dollar terms (12 million at its early count) was the Bargo Hume Highway crash. This happened early morning owing a combination of heavy fog and bushfire smoke from the previous nights burn-off, involved heavy vehicles impacting one another and a stationary RFS tender (with all lights on), and involved other cars such as a Mazda MX5 (very lucky) and so on.

Like our F3 example, this crash resulted in another owing the 'rubberneck' factor.

These two links are a couple of this years season fog related crashes I've dealt with in some fashion:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/items/200...htm?queensland

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...9-1702,00.html

Triangle issue. NO, I do not make any money whatsoever from them or those so retailing. My nagging efforts are more 'to alert and educate'. Do NOT be offended!

These are being further promoted on the basis of road safety, primarily through driver education in driver manuals, beginning with NSW's own which now contains a picture of the Euro. Simply, we want people to know what they are and what they can mean.

It can be argued many Aussies have no idea what they are for, or that they are 'only for trucks'. This will change as it must.

These are a small step, of many, in the ongoing movement to improve our lot in road safety, a long term effort.

Insofar the F3 crash, could one have saved that driver from impacting? Quite possibly, and certainly other vehicles in the intial crash could have been saved from impact, had each been carrying one under say a mandatory 'requirement to carry' rule, then these 'collectively' could have been put to positive use by the capable on scene. We must get our attitudes right, make no mistake - we are heading for greater comprehensive testing. (Initially involving VIC and NSW candidates and the Comm).

Many variables of course, and please understand not all systems are fool proof as we can appreciate.

You need to remember, these are ADVANCED warning devices, that is, advanced-of-scene. On a motorway we specify 100 - 150 metres before it. Now, think if these were mandatory. Your potential ability to collectively control an urgent situation improves dramatically, folk on approach to the 150 metre mark see the device. REM - WE TEACH you to activate your hazards on approach to a scene, the triangle alerts you to it initially - just what is ahead, you've see it, and that action on your part, and their part at actual placement, is then taken..... Think ourtside the square people.

The UN/ECE item I advocate and nag about, is a far better performer than the Australian Standard 3790 rubbish you see carried by most trucks, certainly by those over 12 tonnes, items which in my crash attendance history, have proven second rate quite frankly. They are a hazard to the user simply because one has often enough got to walk back and re-align the bloody things. (Amongst other issues).

Australian's often whinge about poor driver behaviour (see all forums), low speed limits, lousy driver training and so on. My evil efforts are 'primarily' for the state of NSW, and things here are a changin'....

My leaning is German, I simply do NOT accept second rate now.

It is now mandatory in some EU jurisdictions that you *must* throw on a safety vest when attending a crash or breakdown, you *must* use the triangle. Big fines apply.

The move, as advocated, forms new UN Transport policy for eventual world adoption.

Last edited by Keepleft; 30-09-2005 at 12:38 AM.
Old 30-09-2005, 10:59 AM   #21
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Frankly keepleft you are putting far too much trust in a 30 dollar piece of reflective plastic. Secondary accidents, like Primary accidents, are caused mainly from innattention. People are too busy, jiggling their nuts, adjusting the radio, arguing with the wife on the phone, or stuffing their face with a burger, to pay attention to something as "boring" as the road.

That triangle will be firmly attached to the front of their vehicle as they collide with your car on a secondary highway crash. They will then get out and say. "Oh I didnt see you"

Unless the triangle is made from concrete and is 6 foot high and equipped with road spikes, its not going to be highly effective.

If you want to alleviate traffic accidents, start with IQ testing and a Psych test on each driver. Then we can plasti-weld a triangle to the foreheads of those who fail, because they will be the ones staggering along the side of the highway.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 12:10 PM   #22
jmc-007

Quote:

Triangle issue. NO, I do not make any money whatsoever from them or those so retailing. My nagging efforts are more 'to alert and educate'. Do NOT be offended!

Australian's often whinge about poor driver behaviour (see all forums), low speed limits, lousy driver training and so on. My evil efforts are 'primarily' for the state of NSW, and things here are a changin'....
Instead of hounding us forum users about road safety how about hounding the likes of the NSW Premmiers Department and the other idiots like Mr Screwby and the RTA:

About better driver education, the shocking state of our roads and how about putting the fines collected from speed cameras back into the roads instead of the RTA and State Govt. christmas fund.

What is ur Motive Mr Keep left.
jmc-007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 12:14 PM   #23
jmc-007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
yeah exactly. Like if your pounding 45t down the hill and dont have any brakes what so ever. how is a triangle going to help
jmc-007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 12:53 PM   #24
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc-007
yeah exactly. Like if your pounding 45t down the hill and dont have any brakes what so ever. how is a triangle going to help
Triangle's really are useful. In fact they are second only to the St Christopher on your dashboard.
You wanna help avoid 'secondary' crashes? get someone at least 1/2 a kilometre before the crash site. If the crash is near or at the bottom of the hill get someone back up the road at the top with lots of triangles, to throw at the people that dont slow down!. See I said they were useful.
But "Keep Left" please DO NOT compare Oz roads with roads in Europe, the idiots in our bureaucracy that head overseas to Europe -at our expence- and come back with a head full of crap that may work over there. Europe has Autobahns with NO speed limits and VERY fast cars and very good roads.They also have a resonable driving test, not the 'go for a drive around the block and dont hit anything' we have here!

Roger
Old 30-09-2005, 12:55 PM   #25
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc-007
The triangle uses The Force™. But only UN/ECE triangles have The Force™ including the ability to immediatly halt a prime mover in its tracks. The LED items do not contain The Force™.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 05:34 PM   #26
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Le roffle! @ the above posts

But back on topic, The truckie might feel his life isnt worth living right now for causing that huge accident and deaths, so I feel sorry for him. But on the other hand he WAS driving an uninsured vehicle.

Being broke is no excuse for not insuring a company vehicle such as that, especially when your travelling on high volume roads...
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 05:50 PM   #27
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by clontarf_x

But back on topic, The truckie might feel his life isnt worth living right now for causing that huge accident and deaths, so I feel sorry for him. But on the other hand he WAS driving an uninsured vehicle.

he might be feeling like his life isnt worth living, but the poor innocent woman he killed isnt feeling at all......cos she's DEAD.

i hope he feels bad about it for the rest of his life..... no sympathy
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 10:41 PM   #28
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

A lot of what has been heard & written about this particular accident is truely astounding. The truck driver has received what I personally view as a rather SOFT sentence. I won't bother to repeat all of the laws & road acts that this particular individual breached (wouldnt have suprised me if he didnt even have a set of red triangles on his truck)on his way to gaol.
A few things are being overlooked
- This accident may well have occured ANYWAY(& possibly had an even MORE tragic outcome - truck may have hit any of the thousands of vehicles that use the trip daily(or the added weekend getaway traffic that was on the road that particular day) It was LUCKY it wasn't even WORSE!!
- The truck involved had passed thru a heavy vehicle weigh station merely a few minutes before hand I don't know if he stopped or not, if not WHY NOT?(why were the checks done at the weighbridge so ineffective that they couldn't even determine the plates on the trailor were actually registered to a horse float) I haven't even questioned about their so called 'safety checks' that did / did not take place. These weighbridges are a mere token gesture, put away in 'remote?' locations that serve to give motorists approaching a more hazardous section of road, a false sense of security that heavy vehicles are being checked up & prevented from attempting this obstacle unless of a suitable standard.
- Those road safety cameras. So they moved the camera's 30-40k further south down the road. SO WHAT!!!! They are only as effective as those that are monitoring it. (Only benefit-The move further south will result in a larger density of truck movements captured, is there extra checks being done with this extra footage???? I DOUBT it) HOWEVER how is installing several cameras any better then actually stopping & checking more trucks at the station - that IS what it was designed for after all. WHY try hide the crap setup by window dressing with cameras & lights??
- Why has there been no consideration given to limiting certain vehicle types access to the freeway, at certain times? Why are heavy vehicles(like laden semi trailors) permitted to travel on freeways during peaktimes? They can't keep to the same speed as other roadusers & this MAJOR difference in speeds can & DOES end in tragedy (like when a careless driver pulls out to overtake a truck thats struggling to do 40kph up a hill in front of a car they didnt see in the next lane when they glanced in their 'new spec' vehicles are closer then they appear type mirrors.) Why is it that I can drive my 1904 Model T on the freeway in all its glory & share it with my mothers latest 'safest' pride of the fleet safety 1st type volvo? or the micro wonder smart 2+2 that you could park in the hubcap of one of those semi's??

I KNOW this is a long winded post, but theres a whole lot more here to be discussed then merely oohin & aaahin over 1 death or suggestin it would have been saved by using a red triangle - that is a throw away comment designed to provoke an argument, KEEPLEFT, please feel free to comment on the RELEVANT causes of this accident, I'm sure you've had time to examine the full details a little more then some.
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2005, 04:10 PM   #29
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Before I start on Wulos's long winded 60 minutes type of rant let me say that I have been driving interstate for 32 years. I was one of the old "Hume Cowboys" as the press used to like to call us. The trucks I drove 15 years ago would'nt even go into top gear UNDER 110kmh! In that time I've been involved in 5 crashes. Two have been my fault (Both in my first 12 months of driving, there's a moral there somewhere) But I hated all that paperwork and I was a fast learner on how not to have a crash. Unlike the Driver in question and it seems like we are ALL better off with him having some down time. Dont forget that I'm out there with these blokes 5 nights a week and a few make ME nervous.

Anyway.....
{ It was LUCKY it wasn't even WORSE!!}
True, the way BOTH car and truck drivers drive along that stretch of road is nothing short of stupidity.

{The truck involved had passed thru a heavy vehicle weigh station merely a few minutes before hand I don't know if he stopped or not, if not WHY NOT?}
The Mt White Station is not always open.

{why were the checks done at the weighbridge so ineffective that they couldn't even determine the plates on the trailor were actually registered to a horse float}
The Safety Cam can, and does pick up unregistered trucks, and a LOT of cars as well. Big brother is here!

{These weighbridges are a mere token gesture, put away in 'remote?' locations that serve to give motorists approaching a more hazardous section of road, a false sense of security that heavy vehicles are being checked up}
They are NOT put anywhere at random, they are usually put where it is almost impossible for trucks to detour around them. Been there, done that.

{Those road safety cameras. So they moved the camera's 30-40k further south down the road. SO WHAT!!!!}
Not having been on that section of road for about 4 years I cant comment much except to say that if they were moved (like Gundagai) it's because someone had found a way around them.

{They are only as effective as those that are monitoring it.}
Computers do this, and we all know how great the RTA's camera/computer system is, dont we?.

{HOWEVER how is installing several cameras any better then actually stopping & checking more trucks at the station}
Logistics. I'm not sure about that part of the Pacific as Newcastle to Syd is the busiest section section of road in OZ. But to give you an idea the Hume handles about 5000 trucks EACH WAY in a 24 hr period. Now if you stop them all to inspect them they would be backed up from Mt White to the Harbour bridge! Installing more cameras in more for checking trip times (speeding) with the drivers log book than anything else.

{Why has there been no consideration given to limiting certain vehicle types access to the freeway, at certain times?}
They do, but over the Blue Mtns. Anyway this supposed to be a freeway and was SUPPOSED to be designed to handle all types of traffic. Next we'll hear from the cyclists union wanting to ban cars whilst they ride to work.

{They can't keep to the same speed as other roadusers & this MAJOR difference in speeds can & DOES end in tragedy (like when a careless driver pulls out to overtake a truck thats struggling to do 40kph up a hill in front of a car they didnt see}
Thats why there is more than one lane and the law says keep left unless overtaking. And you got the 'careless driver' right. most are lousy at judging their speed/distance/closing speed.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:17 PM   #30
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

On the night of the accident Mt White WAS indeed operational. (having driven PAST the scene of the original accident that nite I can verify this without question. I do not know whether he received a call in or a wave thru.)
The original location for the safety cam @ Alison Rd was extremely easy to bypass, & this 'should' have been well known to the RTA when they installed it in the 1st place(I have no real issues with these cams as they are indeed a fact of life - I DO question their success, & how infallible they are as they are looking for a registered / unregistered plate, not whether that plate corresponds with the style of vehicle it is mounted on, or the actual roadworthiness of this vehicle. safety cam? or revenue scheme cam?
Whilst I do appreciate the need for trucks to use such a road, I drive that stretch in a number of different classed vehicles - I do NOT understand the need for it to be a free for all at all times. I'm sure that you would agree, having shared the road with thousands of cars around you, gettin in or out of Sydney in peak hour times, is NOT a job for the inexperienced, & one that requires even more concentration then usual(why not alleviate this by removing certain vehicles from the mix at certain times??? - would stagger certain work responsibilities & lighten the load on parts of an already overstressed infrastructure system)
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post