Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 22-09-2005, 04:17 PM   #1
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default another Intake mod

Hey everyone im one happy camper

Well today i booked my car into a custom exhaust shop, and got them to make me up a custom pipe.
It replaces the horrid HORRID pipe that leads from the airbox down to the throttle body.
the standard pipe as u would have noticed has a massive section of ribs right on one of the bends, and the pipe varies in size.

I got a mandrel bent 2 1/4 inch pipe made up for me in mild steel. painted black :

then i went and bought the joiner pipes and clamps.

So now i have the standard intake point, plus an additional 2.5 inch cold air intake, through the standard airbox with a k&n panel filter and now with a custom pipe from airbox to throttle body

Havent actually driven with it on yet, but i have to leave for work in an hour and a half, so ill have a ming on the way there and keep you guys posted on the results and ill post a pic aswell
Also going to get my car put on a dyno in a couple weeks.

Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2005, 08:29 PM   #2
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I totally agree that the horrid pipe is just horridd for any intake setup besides the pre configured one. Its good that uve taken the initiative to improve on this.

Thanks for the heads up on mine also. I noticed with mine that the plastic/tube has lost its strengths and is a bit flimsy, especially the part that is in contact with the engine. It has sort of melted a bit. So hopefully look into some new silicone piping so something.

Let us know how the ming went and if any big sudden bursts of acceleration or anything.

I do think it will perform much better now abit not alot tho.

Let us know when u are gonna do a dyno as i would also be interested.

Anyways nice little red rocket mate

Cheers

Damian
Old 23-09-2005, 12:36 AM   #3
FlaminFiesta

got any pics mate with the modifications ?

whered id you get it done >? how much did it cost?
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2005, 01:05 PM   #4
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Intake mod

Took it for a bit of a blast late after work last night,
Low end hasnt really changed but i find now around 4,000rpm onwards it feels a bit stronger and smoother.
also power doesnt drop off as harshly as it used to above 6k anymore.

$120 bucks for it. took them a few hours to get it completely right, they did a great job and it was easy as for me to fit
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 23-09-2005, 06:31 PM   #5
Al...

looks good, much cleaner look than the standard pipe.....
do u have the part number for the k&n filter
Al... is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2005, 07:09 PM   #6
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Very Nice
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2005, 08:03 PM   #7
GROOV3
Rollin

one idea / varient on this would be to get a pipe made up from the lower part of grill with just a pod filter on the end. and heat wrap the piping to keep engine bay heat out.

hrmm wish i could weld and had piping. hrmm might enquire about this as then the air filter wont be sucking hot air
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2005, 09:09 PM   #8
FlaminFiesta

just as a question mate where did you get it done ?
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2005, 03:11 PM   #9
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

I got it done at a custom exhaust shop, i rung a few different places and asked them if they do intake pipes and a couple places said yes.
its just a matter of ringing a few different places and finding out if they are willing to do it or not.

You can find any product numbers for filters off the k&n website.
but for the lazy people i looked it up for you.

2004 FORD Fiesta 1.6L L4 F/I - All Automotive Air Filter 33-2853 <-part number

Loads of fun :
Old 25-09-2005, 03:02 AM   #10
Al...

thanks for the part number.... its not that i am lazy, but every time i did a search, i ended up with the pod style kit... but never thought to look for a 2004 model... so thanks again
Al... is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 10:48 AM   #11
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

hehehehhe i wasnt serious, i had just had a bad day when i made the post.

Loads of fun :
Old 18-06-2006, 11:08 PM   #12
piez

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
Hey everyone im one happy camper

Well today i booked my car into a custom exhaust shop, and got them to make me up a custom pipe.
It replaces the horrid HORRID pipe that leads from the airbox down to the throttle body.
the standard pipe as u would have noticed has a massive section of ribs right on one of the bends, and the pipe varies in size.

I got a mandrel bent 2 1/4 inch pipe made up for me in mild steel. painted black :

then i went and bought the joiner pipes and clamps.

So now i have the standard intake point, plus an additional 2.5 inch cold air intake, through the standard airbox with a k&n panel filter and now with a custom pipe from airbox to throttle body

Havent actually driven with it on yet, but i have to leave for work in an hour and a half, so ill have a ming on the way there and keep you guys posted on the results and ill post a pic aswell
Also going to get my car put on a dyno in a couple weeks.

hi. do u have any pic's off ur new intake pipe. because im lookin 4 some ideas 4 my fiesta
piez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 09:07 PM   #13
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Part number 33-2853? : I'm confused. There was an earlier thread that said the part number was 33-2883. The K&N website said the same. So is it 33-2853 or 33-2883? I asked Repco and they couldn't answer me.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 10:03 PM   #14
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

2853 is for the older Fez. I got one for my WQ & it works fine, same shape but they look a little different. 2883 is for the new Fez but wasn't available at the time.
Old 20-06-2006, 01:16 AM   #15
kenneth_lks
Fiestata!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flederschwein
Part number 33-2853? : I'm confused. There was an earlier thread that said the part number was 33-2883. The K&N website said the same. So is it 33-2853 or 33-2883? I asked Repco and they couldn't answer me.
I don't know about the WQ Fez. I have been checked from few different Automotive retailer (autobarn and bababa..) and the part number for Fez WP was KN33-2853. Regarding to the website, the only parts that fit for the car from my search were 33-2853 and 57-0468.

In order to get the correct car model:
WP Fez 1.6 = year 2002 to 2004
WQ Fez 1.6 = year 2005 UP

WQ was released in US and EUR since 2005 (maybe)..
Hope this will help!!
kenneth_lks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post