Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 17-09-2005, 08:15 PM   #1
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

Default Ten Reasons Not To Drink Softdrinks (You wouldnt believe it!)

Found this on another site. Pretty interetesting what softdrinks can actually do to your body especially in the long run.

Ten Reasons Not To Drink Softdrinks:

1. Soft drinks steal water from the body. They work like a diuretic That is it takes away more water than it replaces in the body. Just to process the high levels of sugar in soft drinks steals a considerable amount of water from the body. To replace the water stolen by soft drinks, you need to drink 8-12 glasses of water for every one glass of soda that you drink.

2. Soft Drinks never quench your thirst, and not your body's need for water. Constantly denying your body enough water can lead to Chronic Cellular Dehydration, a condition that weakens your body at the cellular level. This, in turn, can lead to a weakened immune system and a plethora of diseases including cancer.

3. The elevated levels of phosphates in soft drinks leach vital minerals from your body. Soft Drinks are made with purified water that also leach vital minerals from your body. A severe lack of minerals can lead to Heart Disease (lack of magnesium), Osteoporosis (lack of calcium) and many other diseases including cancer. Most vitamins can not be absorbed in the body without the presence of minerals.

4. Soft Drinks can remove rust from a car bumper or other metal surfaces. Imagine what it's doing to your digestive tract as well as the rest of your body.

5. The high amounts of sugar (6 to 8 teaspoons per 12oz can) in Soft Drinks causes your pancreas to produce an abundance of insulin, which leads to a "sugar crash". Chronic elevation and depletion of sugar and insulin can lead to diabetes and other imbalance related diseases. This is particularly disruptive to growing children which can lead to life-long health problems.

6. Soft Drinks severely interfere with digestion. Caffeine and high amounts of sugar virtually shut down the digestive process. That means your body is essentially taking in NO nutrients from the food you may have just eaten, even that eaten hours earlier. Consumed with french-fries which can take DAYS to digest, there is arguably nothing worse a person can put in their body.

7. Diet soft drinks contain Aspartame, which has been linked to depression, insomnia, neurological disease and a plethora of other illness. The FDA has received more than 10,000 consumer complaints about Aspartame, that's 80% of all complaints about food additives.

8. Soft Drinks are EXTREMELY acidic, so much so that they can eat through the liner of an aluminum can and leach aluminum from the can if it sits on the shelf too long. Alzheimer patients who have been autopsied ALL have high levels of aluminum in their brains. Heavy metals in the body can lead to many neurological and other diseases.

9. Soft Drinks are EXTREMELY acidic: The human body naturally exists at a pH of about 7.0.
Soft Drinks have a pH of about 2.5, which means you are putting something into your body that is hundred of thousands of times more acidic that your body is! Diseases including cancer flourish in an acidic environment. Soft Drinks and other acidic foods deposit acid waste in the body which accumulates over time in the joints and around the organs. For example, the Body pH of cancer or arthritis patients are always low. The sicker the person, the lower the Body pH.

10. Soft Drinks are the WORSE THING you can possibly put in your body. Don't even think of taking a sip of a Soft Drink when you are sick with a cold, flu or something worse. It will only make it that much harder for your body to fight the illness.

---------

Let’s take a look at some of the major components of a can of soda:

Acid: May interfere with the body's ability to use calcium, which can lead to osteoporosis or softening of the teeth and bones. Phosphoric acid also neutralizes the hydrochloric acid in your stomach, which can interfere with digestion, making it difficult to utilize nutrients.
Sugar: Soft drink manufacturers are the largest single user of refined sugar in the United States. It is a proven fact that sugar increases insulin levels, which can lead to high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes, weight gain, premature aging and many more negative side effects. Most sodas include over 100 percent of the RDA of sugar.

Aspartame: This chemical is used as a sugar substitute in diet soda. There are over 92 different health side effects associated with aspartame consumption including brain tumors, birth defects, diabetes, emotional disorders and epilispsy/seizures. Further, when aspartame is stored for long periods of time or kept in warm areas it changes to methanol, an alcohol that converts to formaldehyde and formic acid, which are known carcinogens.

Caffeine: Caffeinated drinks cause jitters, insomnia, high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, elevated blood cholesterol levels, vitamin and mineral depletion, breast lumps, birth defects, and perhaps some forms of cancer.

Tap Water: I recommend that everyone avoid drinking tap water because it can carry any number of chemicals including chlorine, trihalomethanes, lead, cadmium, and various organic pollutants. Tap water is the main ingredient in bottled soft drinks.

Soda is one of the main reasons, nutritionally speaking, why many people suffer health problems. Aside from the negative effects of the soda itself, drinking a lot of soda is likely to leave you with little appetite for vegetables, protein and other food that your body needs.

Think about providing other beverages that contain calcium, such as:
Fruit smoothies made with low-fat yogurt.
Chocolate or strawberry flavored milk (These are good alternatives if you or your children don't like plain milk.)
Calcium-fortified orange juice
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
8 oz. of low-fat fruit yogurt
1 banana
1 cup of strawberries (fresh or frozen)
2 cups of calcium fortified orange juice Blend all ingredients together and serve. Makes 4-to-6 cups. If you have leftovers of the smoothies, use them to make homemade popsicles.

Mods currently done:
Pacemaker extractors, true dual 2.5" exhaust to a single 3" tip
CSA 16" 5 spoke mags, spoiler, stoneflector side skirts
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel
Old 17-09-2005, 08:21 PM   #2
Dodge
i like to be stroked

so a can of rum and coke is better then fanta
Old 17-09-2005, 08:24 PM   #3
Philbie
Drvtme

A staff member of mine many years ago had to have her stomach lining repaired after consumption of 2 litres of coke per day for ten years.

It also lead to a yeast (candida) infection, which would put any one of us off our feet sometimes almost every day.

She will never recover.........fully.

Fruit juice and water are a much better substitute.

What on earth is going on!........i’m Back in the ford camp.....#2019
Old 17-09-2005, 08:26 PM   #4
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj_jaypee
4. Soft Drinks can remove rust from a car bumper or other metal surfaces. Imagine what it's doing to your digestive tract as well as the rest of your body.
Not true.
Old 17-09-2005, 08:28 PM   #5
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Not true.

Now now, dont let facts get in the way of a good rant.
Old 17-09-2005, 08:28 PM   #6
BJ
Banned

Gesss no i know why my heart surgeon told me to cut it out altogehther
Old 17-09-2005, 08:29 PM   #7
MrQuan
Social Disaster

What wuss posted this trash? Soft drink are soooooo letal are they? *yawn* c'mon... whatelse am I suppossed to mix with my rum?!

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
Old 17-09-2005, 08:31 PM   #8
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuan
c'mon... whatelse am I suppossed to mix with my rum?!
Milk or orange juice. ;)

Mods currently done:
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel
Old 17-09-2005, 08:32 PM   #9
MrQuan
Social Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj_jaypee
Milk or orange juice. ;)
I was thinking ice.... :

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
Old 17-09-2005, 08:34 PM   #10
Psycho Chicken
Banned

He said rum, not turps.
Old 17-09-2005, 08:40 PM   #11
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

Hey I've had rum with orange juice before. It wasnt that bad...

Mods currently done:
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel
Old 17-09-2005, 08:42 PM   #12
MrQuan
Social Disaster

Nooooo... it's Coke, or it's on the rocks for me. To give up softdrinks will probably stop me drinking too :P

Go the Coke!

Sound System:
Old 17-09-2005, 08:42 PM   #13
Philbie
Drvtme

i stopped drinking years ago, gets in the way of my driving.

What on earth is going on!........i’m Back in the ford camp.....#2019
Old 17-09-2005, 08:43 PM   #14
neb
hibernating

yeah soft drinks are pretty bad.... i drink them occassionally but try to avoid it
Old 17-09-2005, 08:44 PM   #15
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.snopes.com./cokelore/acid.asp

Additionally, 80% of soft drinks are water, purified water IS good for you, the acid content in softdrink is less than that of your stomach.
Old 17-09-2005, 08:44 PM   #16
XR8GRL