Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 07-09-2005, 05:11 PM   #1
slamd ef wagon

Default questions about mods for an ef(new member)

gday ppl im new to the forum and i just brought a 95 ef wagon last week so far ive only lowered it and done the suspension im after some advise from ppl with ef/l on perticular mods like

whick works better k and n pod or k and n panel filter with intake system
is there any other cams on the market bsides crow cams
are these shift things any good http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-Falcon-P...QQcmdZViewItem

how much would it cost to get my auto have a 2500rpm stall converter in it

and is there any other simple mods to make my falcon go a bit better bsides the ordinary pod/zorst

cheers jason

Old 07-09-2005, 05:21 PM   #2
DUMTEF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey mate

i think the air filters are just more of a personal preference, i dont think there is that much difference.

there are several good cams available i would contact wade (www.wadecams.com) or jim mock (www.jimmockmotorsport.com).

yes the shift kits are good i run one in my ef

and for a stall you would be looking at about 1000 fitted.

adam
DUMTEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 05:22 PM   #3
DUMTEF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ohh sorry and other little mods you can do are replace the standard air intake snorkle with a tickford item (about $25). extractors are a good one and exhaust etc.

but the shift kits are a good investment IMO. :
Old 07-09-2005, 05:26 PM   #4
drphil

Pod filter would be better than panel as it can access more air. with a heat shield and duct pipe running to it, it can provide further improvements as its a CAI. however panel would be the better go if you want the engine bay to look neat and not to get a defect notice. It is also hidden giving others the impression that your cars not thrashed.

There are other cams than crow but i dont know them off by heart. You can consider regrinding the cams as well.

The shifter kit may work well but dont trust ebay 100%. Also you may need someone who knows how to install it correctly.

Another simple mod may be a cat back which is around $300, extractrors which may cost a bit more but if your budget cant stretch, a sports muffler for $100 or so may do.

As far as the stallie goes, its pretty expensive and places extra wear on your driveline. Go for manual ;) its faster, more enjoyable to drive, better fuel economy than autos
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 05:32 PM   #5
slamd ef wagon

thanks heaps ppl dumtef how hard was the shift kit to install what did u think it did 4 ur car benifits etc cheers
Old 07-09-2005, 05:57 PM   #6
CruizinEB
Banned

go the Panel filter its less stufin around
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 06:08 PM   #7
neb
hibernating

For cams I'd suggest either a wade cam or a jim mock motorsport cam.. both do some really good cams.

Either pod or panel filter setup would be fine.. I think a boxed pod setup works better myself but panel filter is easier to do.

Shift kit and high stalled auto would be good... but have you also considered the option of changing to a manual transmission, would probably be looking at around the same price as the shift kit and high stall.

Also have you got any pics of your wagon? Wouldn't mind seeing it I'm a wagon driver myself
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 06:14 PM   #8
slamd ef wagon

thanks 4 that neb
no i dont hav any pics of it atm i only got it last tuesday but ive lowered it 3" since so ill take sme pics
cheers 4 all the fast responses ppl
Old 07-09-2005, 06:17 PM   #9
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome to the forum.

For the shift kit, stay away from ebay, visit www.shiftkits.com.au and get one from there. You will have better support and better installation instructions.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 07:45 PM   #10
DUMTEF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

benifts would be quicker gear changes (chirps when it changes gears) so over a 1/4 mile i would guess its quicker, plus if ur car has the power it can be alot of fun (on a private road of course) :eclipsee_ and it was extremly easy to install, i bought mine from shiftkits.com