Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 28-08-2005, 02:51 PM   #1
NIGHTHAWK
starter motor

Unhappy Extended warranty

Well it has just been 2 months since my girlfriend purchased her ef xr6. The plastic tank on the side of the radiator has split and of course its leaking. We check and find that we have a three year extended warranty. Ring the warranty people up (qvwn) check that the warranty number is correct and we take it to the recommended mechanic, who then faxes through a quote to qvwn, should take 3 and a half hours all up to ok and fix. That was tuesday last week.
The rest of the week was spent ringing the car dealer that we got the car from, the warranty people and of course the mechanic. Apparently the car dealer has 21 days to send in his copy of the warranty form which he has not done until thursday evening. The representative from qvwn told me that on friday morning and that he had to see what his superior would do about the warranty. Friday evening around 5 oclock i rang to see if the warranty was going to be allowed, he still had not heard anything, he says, but i should go ahead pay for the work done on the car and i will be reimbursed. Which is what we have done as jodie has to use the car for work.
Now in those three plus days i have made at least40 calls to the mechanic the rep and the dealer to find out what was going on, not one call came from either of these three people to let me know.
Has anyone here had a similar problem, because i have a funny feeling the dealer is the one to blame and i feel like i am out on a limb. If the warranty people say no to my claim (because it took to long to be sent in) is the dealer liable for the payment to fix the radiator and any other claims that i have in the following 34 months? Can consumer affairs help?

NIGHTHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 03:11 PM   #2
harry

cosumer affairs properly wouldnt be able to help you. they would make a few phone calls like you have done a get the same response.

sometimes dealers make up there on warranties.

the only thing to do is give them a go and see what they say.

i think there are an automotive plase that you can ring concerning these issues.
harry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 03:14 PM   #3
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

them warranties are dodgy as...., most times if u read the corectly they dont cover anything
INJECTED_250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 03:27 PM   #4
NIGHTHAWK
starter motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJECTED_250
them warranties are dodgy as...., most times if u read the corectly they dont cover anything
What i did not like about the warranty was that it was not offered to us,it was written into jodies contract, as she is paying the car off, i thought it was an option?
Old 28-08-2005, 03:40 PM   #5
harry

i guess if it is in the contract that has been signed then it wouldn't be an option. an option is something that they offer as an extra which you sign different papers for.

they should have advised you that they warranty was part of the contract. if they didnt inform you of that then you might be able to fight them.
harry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 04:15 PM   #6
niko
likes falcon's

would be cheaper to not bother with "warranty" and just fix the problem and save the hassle of thinking you will get service from ppl who dont care. :( its sad i know and not very fair.
Old 28-08-2005, 07:14 PM   #7
CruizinEB
Banned

dont get any work done at ford because they have first year aprenticeses to one tradsman.
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 07:48 PM   #8
LTDHO
The one and only

This is why Warrenties are a farce!

Never waste ya money on them, even when buying a new car. You will find it cheaper to fix the fault properly yaself!!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 07:50 PM   #9
CruizinEB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
This is why Warrenties are a farce!

Never waste ya money on them, even when buying a new car. You will find it cheaper to fix the fault properly yaself!!
Its a lot less stresful :the_finge
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 08:06 PM   #10
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Nighthawk, if I were you I would be looking into contacting a solicitor and have him send a letter to both the Mechanic or Workshop and the Company that provided the Warranty. These people always get a little fidgetty when LEGAL letters show up?

Just wait to see the outcome and if it is unfavourable, then try the solicitor line.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 08:34 PM   #11
mrngo
ED Fairmont

Nighthawk,

First thing to establish is what type of warranty you've got.

How old is the car? Is it an extended MANUFACTURERS warranty?

Different warranties need different ways in resolving these issues.

One thing is for sure, if the dealer did not meet the terms of the warranty company, as in they did not send in the warranty form within 21 days, the onus is on the dealer.

The dealer must honour any problems or claims you wish to make, provided that these issues fall within the warranty guidelines.
*Pacemaker Extractors*
*2.5" High Flow Cat*
*2.5" Straight through to the Tip*
mrngo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 09:11 AM   #12
NIGHTHAWK
starter motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrngo
Nighthawk,

First thing to establish is what type of warranty you've got.

How old is the car? Is it an extended MANUFACTURERS warranty?

Different warranties need different ways in resolving these issues.

One thing is for sure, if the dealer did not meet the terms of the warranty company, as in they did not send in the warranty form within 21 days, the onus is on the dealer.

The dealer must honour any problems or claims you wish to make, provided that these issues fall within the warranty guidelines.
from what i understand after i had to make all the calls was that the dealer did not send in his copy to the warranty people, so it is his fault. However the QVWN people were still willing for the dealer to fax in his copy to them so i am hoping that it will still come through. If not i may have to consider a lawyer.