Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 28-08-2005, 05:30 AM   #1
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default high RPM studdering/hesitation

hey guys, ive noticed in my 4 speed auto, in every gear but 1st that it hesitates after being up in the revs (about 4 grand ish) wen its foot flat..eg, 1st gear, can rev out to 5,500rpm in 1st(80km then auto shifts into 2 then it goes to bout 90-100km in 2nd n its make a bom bom bom bom limiter sound but the revs are still climbing) n i can put it in 3rd it will go away till 3rds reved up high...i loose torque n power, its a hestiation or a studdering of some sort , does anyone know wot can be the cause? perhaps over fueling ?? wen i check the throttle, it opens up full and it can be opened the TINIEST bit more but not that much....

wood anyone know wot the prob could be?

thanks guys
- Grechie

Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 06:12 AM   #2
MrQuan
Social Disaster

I get a similar problem - not as often as you, but occasionally. I found my transmission leaks oil ever so slightly. When I top it up, it's ok - but if I leave the oil low it's slow at shifting and plays up a bit.

Check the oil level of your transmission. Also, I'm taking my transmission in for a service and a stage 2 shift kit soon - ever thought of doing likewise?

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 01:49 PM   #3
EFFalcon
Last warning

could be detenating up high.
my car was getting to 4900rpm, then it'd just refuse to rev... after it shifter gears, the car was all hesitant and doey..
ended up that the cam timing was too far retarded, advanced it a bit and its been sweet.

the car was pinging at the same time, and it wasnt due to compression or anything since both LPG and petrol were doing, and LPG is higher octane thus would ping later if it was due to compression.

your cam timing still isnt set is it?
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 04:05 PM   #4
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the cam timing isnt set yet EFFalcon...but it did this even b4 the 1636 profile was put in...my oil level is full on my transmission, n we havent found it to leak yet Mr Quan :(...is it possible that the ignition timing has to be advanced? its currently at 10 degrees top dead centre, were the auto elec set it...is it possible the fuel pumps dieing? or fuel filter? or injectors clogged? or trannys stuffed? or something...its really P!$$!ng me off coz i cant get a decent 1/4 time with this happening !

- Grechie
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post