Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 25-08-2005, 07:31 PM   #1
Damo
Banned

Default Coolant flush on duel fuel car..

Hey All,

I'm gunna flush the cooling sytem on my EB on the weekend and change the thermostat, as it's been over heating and leaking out the over flow. It also takes ages to heat up properly.

I just wanna know is there a different procedure for doing this on a duel fuel car? i'm a n00b to gas. :P The EB is on duel fuel, but doesnt run on gas as the tank and mixer have been removed. I'll get that sorted after it's registered on monday.

So where is the best place to stick the hose to flush it all out ? would the converter be causing any of my cooling system problems ?

Here's a picture of the setup.

Thanks in advance,

Damo

Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2005, 07:43 PM   #2
Brent-EA Ghia

The converter shouldnt affect it at all, if you want to keep the gas you should buy a thermostat out of an XE (thats what we order at work). as they dont have the leg that blocks off the heater pipe. Which can cause the converter to freeze up ive been told.
Old 25-08-2005, 10:10 PM   #3
Damo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent-EA Ghia
The converter shouldnt affect it at all, if you want to keep the gas you should buy a thermostat out of an XE (thats what we order at work). as they dont have the leg that blocks off the heater pipe. Which can cause the converter to freeze up ive been told.
Cool, Thanks.

Though do you mean an XE thermo housing or just the thermostat. :

Cheers
Old 25-08-2005, 11:13 PM   #4
InitialD
Low and Loud

He means a XE thermostat and I too have heard of this before

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2005, 01:19 AM   #5
niko
likes falcon's

i ran the stok ea one with no problems, not one freeze over ;) it helps to have good hoses
Old 26-08-2005, 11:50 AM   #6
Sundeep
Banned

The guy at AUZGAS put a XE thermostat in mine too. I think it's because the EA-ED's have a little temperature sensitive plug in the bottom which stops coolant flow through the heater hoses when the temperature goes above a certain level. That would make the converter freeze if the engine was running on gas because it would obviously lose coolant flow.

The XE thermostat doesn't have that.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2005, 05:37 PM   #7
Damo
Banned

I got an 'XE' thermostat today, it's not a Ford one but on the back of the packet it says 'suit XD-XF EA-EL AU' and all the v8 versions + a heap of other cars. So there isn't a difference unless it's a Ford thing. :s Ahh well. :(
Old 26-08-2005, 10:05 PM   #8
Brent-EA Ghia

If you have an EA one next to it you'll see the difference! maybe the old on ein the car is an original type, but it may have already been changed over to the XE one.
Old 27-08-2005, 01:48 AM   #9
InitialD
Low and Loud

Damo if you get the chance,

pull the two coolant pipes off the converter, stick your tap hose in one pipe and turn on the water hard, any crap clogging the converter should fly out the other pipe ;)

might help with the water flow, ive done it many times to cars.

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post