Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 24-08-2005, 10:03 PM   #1
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Hunting idle

What causes an engine to hunt for idle? Yesterday I thought I got the car idling properly but tonight I took it to the gym and gave it a bit of stick on the way. After that, whenever I pulled up at the lights, I've noticed that it hunts for idle from about 1000-1200rpm. I disconnected the ISC and it's bought the revs down a bit (700-850) but it still fluctuates. If I start the car and drive smoothly, it's fine. What can I do, it's bloody annoying!!!

sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2005, 12:13 AM   #2
saudia_man
Banned

try using 99octane fuel???
saudia_man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2005, 12:19 AM   #3
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphell
What causes an engine to hunt for idle? Yesterday I thought I got the car idling properly but tonight I took it to the gym and gave it a bit of stick on the way. After that, whenever I pulled up at the lights, I've noticed that it hunts for idle from about 1000-1200rpm. I disconnected the ISC and it's bought the revs down a bit (700-850) but it still fluctuates. If I start the car and drive smoothly, it's fine. What can I do, it's bloody annoying!!!

My car does this occasionally. Its sometimes seems to disappear for a few weeks when I stick the car in diag mode for a few seconds, after this it wont hunt for around 2 weeks then it starts doing it again. I have NFI why :

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2005, 12:36 AM   #4
Walkinshaw
Two > One

your running a stock cam?

Set the timing in Diagnostic mode to 600rpm when warm with the IAC disconected.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2005, 08:10 AM   #5
Gubas
- BOOYEH -

mine does this since i put a manual in. i used the auto ecu for a while, and it fluctuated 200rpm. i have since installed an ea ecu, which apparantly had the auto ecu seperate from main ecu. So, computer problem mabey???