Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 24-08-2005, 04:35 PM   #1
ned
Once shy... twice bitten

Default Front Bumper Sagging

MY front bumper has been sitting a bit low on the sides for a while now, so I thought I'd give it a go at fixing it. Now I've tried a few things but it seems that it hasn't really worked. So has anyone got any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks.

Old 24-08-2005, 04:45 PM   #2
CruizinEB
Banned

mine has done the same thing:(
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2005, 04:59 PM   #3
ned
Once shy... twice bitten

Yeh, no offence mate but I was after anyone that could help me fix it. I didn't need to hear other stories.
Old 24-08-2005, 05:27 PM   #4
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

I'd suggest taking off the bumper and checking that the plastic slots on the sides are not broken (as one of mine was) and are correctly inserted into the guides on the front guard.

Having said that, I've replaced the said parts on mine and I'm still going to have to do some custom fiddling to get it to sit right.
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2005, 05:28 PM   #5
CruizinEB
Banned

sorry mate, i think what other people would do is bend the mounting spot under the fenders to raise the bumper.
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2005, 05:32 PM   #6
niko
likes falcon's

once theyve been in an accident its always interesting to fix it lol, but 1st check ya white plastic clips on the front bit of ya guards, jiggling it into them has worked for me bfor, but ye

even maybe ask a local pano? they usually have few trix up there sleaves?
Old 24-08-2005, 06:09 PM   #7
ned
Once shy... twice bitten

Trouty, done exactly what you have said.
CRUIZIN EB, done exactly what you have said.
niko, done exactly what you have said. (minus the panel beater, although saying that, if the panel beaters knew anything I wouldn't be trying to fix it now!)

I don't know what else to do, it sh|ts me to see it like that!
Old 24-08-2005, 07:38 PM   #8
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

A mate of mine bolted his EA bumper back on, then colour-coded the bolts so their heads didn't stick out like dog's balls. Fixed the problem pretty good! I'm not too sure about what he did to keep the bumper in place while bolting it up (one bolt on each side), maybe he had a 2nd pair of hands? It's a pity the buggers like to warp.

I'm not going to bother with mine, the whole thing is buggered & needs replacing sometime [size](yeah right!)[/size] :Reverend:

-Dave-
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2005, 07:53 PM   #9
RUQ1KA
Formerly mad_ed_wagon

I've noticed the same thing happen on my ghia, i tapped the wagon into it by accident and now it's sagging at one edge but the EA has some triangle shaped clips??? not the normal square shaped ones like my other EA had or the ED has? anyone know whats up with that?

Also once i got the ED i had the edges sagging, and i did as CRUIZIN EB said and i just bent the bottom of the brackets(the ones that hold the plastic square inplace) up slightly and it seemed to have fixed up the bumper,

If you are able to move the bracket up a little that would help aswell

Build thread coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerCordia
I had two cordias but recently i sold one of them so that leaves me with one cordia which i have now but i wouldve had two if i havent sold the other one.
RUQ1KA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2005, 02:23 AM   #10
Key

The bumper might be too high across the front, that will make the back corners droop down at an angle
If the top of the bumper is hard against the headlights and bottom edge of the grill the large square mounts that connect the bumper to the rails could be out of shape
Key is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2005, 06:22 PM   #11
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

The front bar has Plastic clips and also a Stay that holds the bar in place. I would also make sure that the Fibreglass reinforcement isnt cracked or that the clips that hold the Out part of the bar to it are all there.

It is a normal problem and happens to the Back bar as well.

There is a triangular clip that screws to the bar and that clips into another clip that goes in the guard. Hope that helps. BTW, buy NEW ones if the old ones are damaged. Still available through FORD dealers and cheaper in the long run.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2005, 07:29 PM   #12
ned
Once shy... twice bitten

Yeh, all the clips are fine. I've checked them all, everything is where it's supposed to be. I've also bent them brackets too but who knows I'll try out some new ones.

Thanks for your reply's guys.
Old 25-08-2005, 08:03 PM   #13
Brent-EA Ghia

I had a go at mine, did a fair bit too.

Where the guard bends in (where the bumper meets it) and then bends down again behind the bumper. The bends were both 90 degree's so i made them sharper so that it raised the mounting point, and so lifted the bumper. I think i had to take the bumper off to get to it easily.