Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 10-08-2005, 08:42 AM   #1
dannyp
Starter Motor

Post EA surging problems

[B]Hi guys,
Just a quick question. My 88 EA spac (converted to multipoint) seems to surge even after replacing basically everything that should be causing it. TPS, map senseor, oxygen sensor, distributer etc... Has anyone else got any ideas on the what the problem could be??

I also brought a cam about a year ago (Wade 1004 stage 2) and it seems to have improved a little except for the fact that it seems to run out of pull at around 3.5 to 4 depending on the gear. I would have thought from research that it would pull alot further than that especially in the top end range. Any ideas? Anyone who has or knows about these cams, info would be awesome.
Thanks guys,
Danny P

dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 08:45 AM   #2
dannyp
Starter Motor

Default Ford EA surging problems and cam information required!!!

[B]Hi guys,
Just a quick question. My 88 EA spac (converted to multipoint) seems to surge even after replacing basically everything that should be causing it. TPS, map senseor, oxygen sensor, distributer etc... Has anyone else got any ideas on the what the problem could be??

I also brought a cam about a year ago (Wade 1004 stage 2) and it seems to have improved a little except for the fact that it seems to run out of pull at around 3.5 to 4 depending on the gear. I would have thought from research that it would pull alot further than that especially in the top end range. Any ideas? Anyone who has or knows about these cams, info would be awesome.
Thanks guys,
Danny P
Old 10-08-2005, 11:41 AM   #3
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Do you have an MPI fuel pump?
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 09:03 PM   #4
dannyp
Starter Motor

Arrow

Yeah mate, multipoint fuel pump! they run a different pressure so it wouldnt run with out! So cant be that, thanks for the try though!
Danny P
Old 18-08-2005, 12:04 PM   #5
KEV EB XR8
XR8 v Lee. love you Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyp
[B]Hi guys,

Thanks guys,
Danny P
I dont know for sure danny but i run a mpi 4 cyl van 4 work and be buggered if the local fellas could work it out either . turned out to be the step motor that governs the idle , it may not be the same setup in your EA but worth havin a look at.
cheers , Kev
KEV EB XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 11:20 AM   #6
Brent79

Hi danny, Can you explain the surging better??? My car does something crap like that too after the MPI conversion which some **** mech done. Mine will rev sometimes at WOT then other times its like someone has the handbrake on and suddenly releases it intermittently. Got codes on yer ECU? mine shows low O2 signal. :/

Brent
Brent79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 10:18 PM   #7
dannyp
Starter Motor

Hey Brent,
Yeah it kind of feels exactly like how you describe! Like someone puts on the handbrake a touch and then lets it go again. Cant work it out but it is driving me insane! Its just not a smooth car to drive and it doesnt feel a lot more powerful than when it was CPI!!
Thanks Dan!