Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-07-2005, 07:08 PM   #1
B.J(inCanb)

Default Unlicensed!!

Hubby was pulled over earlier in the week by the local boys for taking both hands off the steering wheel, any way they did a license check and found out that his license had been suspended back in March of 03 for an unpaid speeding fine. He then had to accompany the police officers back to the station to sort out the matter, luckily he had the apprentice in the car so he could drive the car back. They took his license off him at the station and told him he had to go to motor registry to sort it out. Which he did the next day, but why in the 2 years plus had he never received notification that his license was suspended, he renewed it in April 04 after it was stolen, he has 2 1 point speeding fines (camera), and a low impact accident that was reported to the police and it hasn't been picked up. If he was is a major accident what would have happened to our insurance? He received a caution for driving while suspended as the police could see that he was genuinely surprised to know that he was. We are pretty sure that we have paid for the fine that bought about the cancellation, I have record of a payment being made to road user services at that time but as I don't have a receipt number I can't prove it. I just can't believe that it went so long without us knowing, thank goodness he got pulled over when he did.

Old 29-07-2005, 07:18 PM   #2
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Geez that's odd that they hadn't picked up on that earlier.
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2005, 07:19 PM   #3
lizardmech

Id sue them for the time he lost from work, I have no idea if you would win though, I just hate the RTA.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2005, 07:20 PM   #4
LUXO_8
windsor user

thats wierd!
hope it gets sorted out fairly quickly for you guys...
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2005, 07:32 PM   #5
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

A long time ago in Canberra i took a N.S.W. rego car for a test drive and was pulled over. reason :could not see your numberplates. i had to take car to r.t.a. to get new plates but as i did not own the car i could not do it. I did not buy the car and the owner said that "ITll be right" it was nealy 2 years later that i got a letter from VIC roads ( victoria ) saying that my right to drive in A.C.T had been suspended from the first date . and in all that time i had been pulled over for breath tests and licence check and Never once told that i did not have it . It was not till i went for my R-tick licence that i was told .. After many a phone call and stat decks from ppl and Vic roads that the A.C.T. gov relooked at it and found i was in the clear and the ladys reason for it .. " It must have been someones last week at work and they just wanted to get out of here "
Old 29-07-2005, 07:40 PM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

The RTA doesn't have much control over the ACT roads department ... well ... not when i used to work in the RTA headoffice anyway.

Mind you ... look where you live ... in a city of fat lazy politicians ... no wonder things take so long before it gets noticed.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2005, 07:51 PM   #7
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In ACT its called Urban Services which takes care of licences and fines basically everything to do with transport i think. Dont think there is anything here thats called RTA.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2005, 08:31 PM   #8
Kryton

maybe you have a fine that never got sent out, but comes up on the puter saying it was and wasnt paid for.
my GF renewed her license last year only to be told that she doesnt have one and hasnt had one for 3 years. she payed by cheque and it bounced so technically she didnt have a license.
even though, the countless RBTs and license checks that were made in those 3 years never showed she didnt have a license.
anyway we knew the woman at Vicroads so she fixed it up on the puter instead of having to go through the whole licensing process agian which i think included L and P plates again.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2005, 09:04 PM   #9
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It used to be MVR in the ACT...20 yrs ago.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2005, 02:39 PM   #10
shane3
FPV GT 0915

I had been pulled over and had the usual licence check and sent on my way with as slap on the wrist, 2 months later I had the local sheriff call on me and tell me that I had $2350 in unpaid fines dating back to 1993 :
I moved around a lot and left forwarding address of were I would be and told Vic roads as you have to, but I had 3 unpaid speeding fines and had been driving with no licence for 2 years, march 2002 to march 2004 but in all this time not 1 letter from Vic roads, when I rang them to ask what was going on the said that the fines were so big because the could not find were I was living as it is MY responsibility to let the correct people know were I/we are living.... I have had 7 speeding fines in thoes 2 years, so go figure???
The sheriff told me that some of the fines that the have are 20 yes 20 years old and as it's not the courts responsibility to contact you it's up to the Vic police or VIC roads to do that.
OH....and the fact that I came off my "P" plates 5 months ago from having my licence cancled in 2000 for 9 months
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2005, 04:55 PM   #11
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

God government agencies suck ****...

I spose the only way to avoid their stupidity is to not get fined in the first place...

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2005, 05:01 PM   #12
B.J(inCanb)

Yes well telling him not to get fined and him actually doing it are 2 different things. Took a day but it is now all sorted, when you work for yourself a day off hurts. I checked out our rego form to see what the RTA in the ACT are called, no wonder they are confused: the top of the rego form says Road Transport Authority ACT, but you make the cheque out to Road User Services which comes under the local governments User Services. ??? The fine was only $158.00 dollars, which we think we have already paid but I don't have the receipt number to prove it. I am just peeved that it took us two and a half years to find out.
Old 31-07-2005, 01:52 PM   #13
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young 'un
I spose the only way to avoid their stupidity is to not get fined in the first place...

Yeah good on ya......... out:

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post