Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-04-2017, 12:31 PM   #1
aaron11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU 2 boot leak

Hu guys had my car panel beated and rust done on pillars and door sills and bonnet and chassis rails. I have a boot leak the spoiler was taken off and sealed . And the water goes on the lid of boot lip he sealed the other screws from number plate etc any other ideas
aaron11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2017, 12:55 PM   #2
aaron11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU 2 boot leak

Hu guys had my car panel beated and rust done on pillars and door sills and bonnet and chassis rails. I have a boot leak the spoiler was taken off and sealed . And the water goes on the lid of boot lip he sealed the other screws from number plate etc any other ideas
Old 11-04-2017, 02:48 PM   #3
byamin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AU 2 boot leak

I would check the wing again, that has been a problem with both Au's I've had, it wasn't fastened in place tight enough. I have taken mine off since to clean and put plenty of sealer plus tightening it sufficiently and hasn't been a problem.

If it isn't that you could get someone you trust to close you inside of the boot and hose down around the seals, wing ect and use a light to try find it.

2000 Fairmont Ghia V8 - Liquid Silver
byamin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2017, 03:54 PM   #4
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Hi Aaron, the only thing i can suggest is check the black loom plug that goes into the bootlid for the wing brake lamp.

If the plug is damaged it will leak, you could glue then silastic it in place for a quick fix, just make sure the repair has plenty of time to cure/dry, good luck!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-04-2017, 10:58 PM   #5
aaron11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by byamin View Post
I would check the wing again, that has been a problem with both Au's I've had, it wasn't fastened in place tight enough. I have taken mine off since to clean and put plenty of sealer plus tightening it sufficiently and hasn't been a problem.

If it isn't that you could get someone you trust to close you inside of the boot and hose down around the seals, wing ect and use a light to try find it.
hi thanks its only leaking to inside the boot lid, no where else I can see. I did have a bad leak many years ago with the spoiler that was fixed. Now i had it done again last week proplery by the panel beater. he also sealed the number plate screws and other ones by putting black stuff around them, he didnt undo them though. There is right in the right corner it hasnt come thru yet but it will, so it must of been leaking for a while, this was with a car cover on it as well ! we had some bad rain and are expecting more so if there is anymore it can go back as he had to touch up some painting he did and he can have another look I just dont want him smearling black seal stuff everywhere inside when one day i will have to sell the car ! mind you I plan to keep it until its not worth fixing !
Old 11-04-2017, 10:59 PM   #6
aaron11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Hi Aaron, the only thing i can suggest is check the black loom plug that goes into the bootlid for the wing brake lamp.

If the plug is damaged it will leak, you could glue then silastic it in place for a quick fix, just make sure the repair has plenty of time to cure/dry, good luck!

cheers, Maka
hi thanks its only leaking to inside the boot lid, no where else I can see. I did have a bad leak many years ago with the spoiler that was fixed. Now i had it done again last week proplery by the panel beater. he also sealed the number plate screws and other ones by putting black stuff around them, he didnt undo them though. There is right in the right corner it hasnt come thru yet but it will, so it must of been leaking for a while, this was with a car cover on it as well ! we had some bad rain and are expecting more so if there is anymore it can go back as he had to touch up some painting he did and he can have another look I just dont want him smearling black seal stuff everywhere inside when one day i will have to sell the car ! mind you I plan to keep it until its not worth fixing !
Old 11-04-2017, 10:59 PM   #7
aaron11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

cheers, Maka
any chance of aphoto mate so i can show him when it goes back
Old 12-04-2017, 09:58 AM   #8
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

No need for a photo mate, theres only one bunch of wires going into the bootlid lol! Just lift the boot up & underneath it on the right side toward the back on a AU sedan with a wing is a black protective conduit with ribs & plug going into the bootlid.

When you spot it, push down on the plug & check if its seated properly, clip it back in if the plug is in good nick, if not, one of its retaining clips may have broken.

The simple repair is what i outlined in my previous post.

Hope that helps, good luck!

Ps- photo bucket these days is so slow i retired from posting photo's sorry lol.

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-04-2017, 03:11 PM   #9
aaron11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No need for a photo mate, theres only one bunch of wires going into the bootlid lol! Just lift the boot up & underneath it on the right side toward the back on a AU sedan with a wing is a black protective conduit with ribs & plug going into the bootlid.

When you spot it, push down on the plug & check if its seated properly, clip it back in if the plug is in good nick, if not, one of its retaining clips may have broken.

Ps- photo bucket these days is so slow i retired from posting photo's sorry lol.

cheers, Maka
Hi man i checked it you mean by the booth catch or the bit that is up higher? both look ok. there is rust under the badge where it says falcon and a bit under the screws where the guy sealed wit black sealer around it, he did that with all of them is that sufficent? no water today but there is a cover on the car also but last time it was still getting some in there so my money is on the spoiler or those bits, i took the bungs out of the boot lid there is no water there or rust but some inside on the far corner im just about ready to give up lol
Old 12-04-2017, 03:19 PM   #10
aaron11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by byamin View Post

thanks man i will tell him to check it again as the first time it leaked my boot was half filled with water ! that was years and years ago now its been fixed again...... ill ask the panel beater to re check it, going to leave cover off tomorrow see if the rain gets in there or not
Old 15-04-2017, 07:56 PM   #11
aaron11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

cheers, Maka
Seems to be ok now fingers crossed !!! i susecpt is was either the spoiler or the trim on the booth where the flacon bit is or another screw there cheers man ill let you know if I have any other issues those plugs looked ok 2