Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default jailbreaking IOS 6.1.3?

Hi all. just wondering if its possible to jailbreak IOS 6.1.3, this is my first IOS device so I don't know where to look either. It's a iPad mini 4G and wifi version.

Thanks.

buddy92 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
Linkachu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: jailbreaking IOS 6.1.3?

Youtube is your friend
Linkachu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
creative
I am Batman

jailbreakme.com

Simple as that. When its available it will be there.
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere
creative is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #4
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I did youtube it but the ones I found never worked.

And thanks creative I'll keep and eye out.

Cheers.

Edit: Is there a "mobile site" available or something? I click the link and it doesn't show anything.

Telling me to use a computer tool.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #5
creative
I am Batman

Click the link on your ipad. It will tell you if there is a JB available for it.

Im guessing there isnt yet and will be a tethered jailbreak, but then I dont follow JB'ing anymore. Personally I avaoided tethered jb and only did it when there was an untethered version out.
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #6
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh ok fair enough. It's telling me nothing so I guess not either.

Android so much easier
Old 06-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #7
creative
I am Batman

Lol.... exactly why I am free of the apple machine and the virus that is itunes! ;)

I was soooo glad to get rid of the ipad!

Old 06-05-2013, 08:57 PM   #8
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just got mine so I "should" keep it for abit longer lol.
Old 14-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #9
BlackTerri10

I realize this thread is a few weeks old but just to let you know there wont be a jailbreak for ios6.1.3, the envad3rs team have stated that they will wait for ios7 to be released before there will be another jail break.
from what i have read online is that ios 7 is still a few months away.
BlackTerri10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #10
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Just playing Devils advocate here as I've got Android and we don't need to 'jailbreak' them

But....
If you 'jailbreak' it and it breaks within the warranty period will they still fix it free ?
Old 15-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #11
edsprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Just playing Devils advocate here as I've got Android and we don't need to 'jailbreak' them

But....
If you 'jailbreak' it and it breaks within the warranty period will they still fix it free ?
If it breaks within the warranty period and you have it jailbroken at the time, they must still cover it. It has been taken through court in the USA. Apple tried suing the people who were doing the jailbreaks, but lost because the jailbreak does nothing more than exploit a gap in the programming of the phone. it does not infringe on apples copyrights, nor does it alter Apples software.

And with an Android phone, you do need to jailbreak it to gain access to certain things that have been put off limits in the root folder of the phone. It is called 'rooting', referring to gaining access to the root folder, and not a sex act with your phone. It is only really needed if u intend on doing some programming, or some dodgy stuff, like using your NFC to steal credit card details...

NL Concorde with XR8 Sprint running gear.

DF LTD V8.
edsprint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #12
creative
I am Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsprint View Post
If it breaks within the warranty period and you have it jailbroken at the time, they must still cover it. It has been taken through court in the USA. Apple tried suing the people who were doing the jailbreaks, but lost because the jailbreak does nothing more than exploit a gap in the programming of the phone. it does not infringe on apples copyrights, nor does it alter Apples software.

And with an Android phone, you do need to jailbreak it to gain access to certain things that have been put off limits in the root folder of the phone. It is called 'rooting', referring to gaining access to the root folder, and not a sex act with your phone. It is only really needed if u intend on doing some programming, or some dodgy stuff, like using your NFC to steal credit card details...
Or flashing custom roms, kernals, recoveries or indeed usefull apps that require root access. Difference is android is open source so no company telling you what to do, which I suspect is what apple have done with jail breaking

Old 15-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #13
edsprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
Or flashing custom roms, kernals, recoveries or indeed usefull apps that require root access.
Yeah, sorry, I put all that under the term 'programming', cos for 95% of users, they dont need, or even know, what any of that stuff is or what does.

NL Concorde with XR8 Sprint running gear.

DF LTD V8.
edsprint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2013, 11:58 PM   #14
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsprint View Post
If it breaks within the warranty period and you have it jailbroken at the time, they must still cover it.
That would depend on the fault. If you brick it with your flash then it will be on your head.

I must be getting old. I feel no need to jailbreak my iphone. It works fine as it for me.
Old 17-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #15
OZYWALKER
XR50T

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTerri10 View Post
I realize this thread is a few weeks old but just to let you know there wont be a jailbreak for ios6.1.3, the envad3rs team have stated that they will wait for ios7 to be released before there will be another jail break.
from what i have read online is that ios 7 is still a few months away.
You weren't wrong about that. Apple have released IOS 7 BETA for developers only and it's up on the evad3rs site for free. Pretty decent upgrade and has a lot of thing included that I had previously jailbroken for