Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 25-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Camry Hybrid HL v Ford Falcon Ecoboost XT

Cars Guide , 25/08/2012, Courier Mail, page 10/11, cann't find the link.
The final paragraph is what we all have been saying.
DRIVING
"An industry analyst reckons the Falcon is the best engineered car in Australia and the Commodore is the best marketed. The turbo four has strong urge across a broad rev range. Why won't Ford market this excellent car." (emphasis is mine)

Which is what we all have been saying for months ??? Ford. please explain (Sinead)

Old 25-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 
Default Re: Camry Hybrid HL v Ford Falcon Ecoboost XT

Ford have marketed it...

Just not on TV.

There are plenty of add's for it...

Misleading title is misleading, i thought this was going to be a thread discussing the review in todays paper...

But no, you made it a marketing thread.

Yawn.

Mind you, its interesting that they thought the camry was better value, despite beiing 5 grand more then the Falcon....

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 25-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I didn't make it a marketing thread, the final paragraph is about why its not just asks why it isn't being marketed....Look at the oppositions tv adds..even Renault advertise the Latitude a very low volume seller, on tv..
Ford have an excellent Hybrid Europe, the C-Max Hybrid..AOL Automotive rates it better than Prius..but it will never come here.
http://autos.aol.com/article/fords-n...nd-we-like-it/
Old 25-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #4
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Cars Guide , 25/08/2012, Courier Mail, page 10/11, cann't find the link.
The final paragraph is what we all have been saying.
DRIVING
"An industry analyst reckons the Falcon is the best engineered car in Australia and the Commodore is the best marketed. The turbo four has strong urge across a broad rev range. Why won't Ford market this excellent car." (emphasis is mine)

Which is what we all have been saying for months ??? Ford. please explain (Sinead)
Exactly. Yet to see an EB add in Australias biggest paper (the Daily Tele) which I get every day. No tv ads. Only radio ads heard are for the lpi. It's a great car that the average Aussie doesn't know exists.
Old 25-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #5
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Ford have marketed it...
i find it ironic that the OP has questioned the marketing in the same post as putting a link to a newspaper article featuring the car.

is that not marketing?? people do read the paper yes??
Old 25-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #6
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
i find it ironic that the OP has questioned the marketing in the same post as putting a link to a newspaper article featuring the car.

is that not marketing?? people do read the paper yes??
Is it not Fords job to market their own products and not leave it for someone else to do?
The article itself was written by a jornalist, whose job it is not to market a brand or product but to review it.
So, yes there is marketing from the article, however, it isnt marketing by Ford.

And what does it say to the general public about the vehicle if Ford themselves cant even be arsed marketing it.
If its not good enough to advertise its existence, then most could probably assume it isnt worth buying.
Old 25-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #7
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
Is it not Fords job to market their own products and not leave it for someone else to do?
The article itself was written by a jornalist, whose job it is not to market a brand or product but to review it.
So, yes there is marketing from the article, however, it isnt marketing by Ford.

And what does it say to the general public about the vehicle if Ford themselves cant even be arsed marketing it.
If its not good enough to advertise its existence, then most could probably assume it isnt worth buying.
how do you know ford weren't involved. maybe ford lent them a car to test on the proviso the write up went in the paper etc.

regardless, the car is marketed. just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't happening.
Old 25-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #8
Kryton

Quote:
regardless, the car is marketed. just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't happening.
Seems 95% of Australia dont see it either.
It may happen but its a **** poor effort on Ford's part.
Old 25-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #9
prydey
Rob

according to you. nice typical outlandish statement with your 95% there too.
Old 25-08-2012, 05:39 PM   #10
Kryton

Give it a rest already.
The article itslef even said the same thing - FORD ARE NOT ADVERTISING THE VEHICLE.
Try opening your eyes once in a while and give the "Ford can do no wrong" attitude a rest.
Old 25-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #11
prydey
Rob

silly me, apparently there are other reasons why 'ford enthusiasts' join a 'ford' forum!!
Old 25-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #12
Kryton

Its one thing to be an enthusiast, but being one eyed is another.
Old 25-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #13
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is ironic that those who complain most about Ford not marketing (insert product here) have not actually bought one themselves and most often do not buy new vehicles let alone Falcons.

Of course they always have some flimsy excuse, I mean, plausible reason ready to proffer as to why........
Old 25-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #14
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
It is ironic that those who complain most about Ford not marketing (insert product here) have not actually bought one themselves and most often do not buy new vehicles let alone Falcons.

Of course they always have some flimsy excuse, I mean, plausible reason ready to proffer as to why........
So that means Ford's marketing is great?? I don't get it?
Old 25-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #15
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

flappist. I have bought new several Falcons since 1970 and an NL Fairlane, new. Plus Two Fiestas also new. Not demo or used. Current drives are a WQ Fiesta Zetec and a BF Fairmont Mk 2 Ghia. I will admit I haven't bought a new Ford since 2007. But I can voice my opinion!!!!
Old 25-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #16
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
So that means Ford's marketing is great?? I don't get it?
what many need to realise is that ford have much more data available to them than most of us on here combined, and they are the ones that have to pay the bills, so i'm pretty sure they are in the best position to ascertain how and where to spend their money.

maybe someone can put up a link to the article so we can discuss a worthy topic, rather than the thinly disguised attempt to enable yet another crack at ford.
Old 25-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #17
Kryton

The old "blah blah blah buy a car or dont speak" dribble.
Because any one of us buying a Falcon somehow makes Fords marketing a whole lot better.........
Old 25-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #18
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
flappist. I have bought new several Falcons since 1970 and an NL Fairlane, new. Plus Two Fiestas also new. Not demo or used. Current drives are a WQ Fiesta Zetec and a BF Fairmont Mk 2 Ghia. I will admit I haven't bought a new Ford since 2007. But I can voice my opinion!!!!
Well luckily the new EB4 G6E is available for you to buy........
Old 25-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #19
Rodge
Banned

Can someone please post a link to the article ?
Old 25-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #20
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

It also appears that those who are the most outspoken regarding Ford's marketing would not be swayed by it in any case.

Perhaps marketing is intended to reach people in targeted demographics, not necessarily the converted or the harsh critics.

Let's not forget that ADVERTISING is only one tool of MARKETING...
Old 25-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #21
prydey
Rob

http://www.news.com.au/news/head-to-...-1226456674881

i assume this is the article. i'd suggest this writer doesn't give up his regular job. hardly a comparo and he has splinters in his bum.
Old 25-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #22
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Quote:
how do you know ford weren't involved. maybe ford lent them a car to test on the proviso the write up went in the paper etc.

A simple question. Do you believe that Fords marketing of the EB Falcon is adequate and will generate sales? (as is the sole purpose of advertising).
Old 25-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #23
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta_Man69
A simple question. Do you believe that Fords marketing of the EB Falcon is adequate and will generate sales? (as is the sole purpose of advertising).
as i have no access to any of their data, or their finances, do you really think it is even worth answering.

what i see in my small snapshot of life is hardly an accurate indication of the real picture.

ford only planned to sell about 2000 in its first 12 months on sale. initial data showed it tracking below that aim but sales are gradually improving. rome wasn't built in a day.
Old 25-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #24
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

Wouldnt matter anyway, even if fords were well advertised people on here still wouldnt buy a NEW Ford. Let alone any NEW car. They are just here to rubbish Ford at any given moment.

Having purchased a new one i enjoyed the experience and if they have another car that suits me ill buy another.
Old 25-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #25
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Quote:
as i have no access to any of their data, or their finances, do you really think it is even worth answering.

what i see in my small snapshot of life is hardly an accurate indication of the real picture.

ford only planned to sell about 2000 in its first 12 months on sale. initial data showed it tracking below that aim but sales are gradually improving. rome wasn't built in a day.
Think that tells us everything we need to know... Btw the EB sold 53 units to private sales in it's first three months (as has been well documented on here). How many did the inferior but consistently advertised Camry sell in that period I wonder?
Old 25-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #26
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Wouldnt matter anyway, even if fords were well advertised people on here still wouldnt buy a NEW Ford. Let alone any NEW car. They are just here to rubbish Ford at any given moment.
Nice way to miss the whole point.
The people "here" arent the problem, they know what Ford are selling.
Its the people that arent "here" that have no idea as Ford havent told them about what they are selling.
That is the whole issue.
Instead of trying to turn it around and put the blame on members here, how about looking at what the real issue is for a change.
Old 25-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #27
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
Nice way to miss the whole point.
The people "here" arent the problem, they know what Ford are selling.
Its the people that arent "here" that have no idea as Ford havent told them about what they are selling.
That is the whole issue.
Instead of trying to turn it around and put the blame on members here, how about looking at what the real issue is for a change.
Bingo.
Old 25-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #28
Rodge
Banned

Quote:

i assume this is the article. i'd suggest this writer doesn't give up his regular job. hardly a comparo and he has splinters in his bum.
I agree, that's a real light-weight effort. You'd be forgiven for thinking all he did was take them for a quick flick around the block and then wrote it up on his laptop over a cup of coffee.
Old 25-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #29
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:

Yep, that was the article. I thought it was quite a good article actually, it would have been difficult to compare two quite different cars. Also the Hybrid fuel consumption is the claimed consumption, not actual, so thats really no comparison.

As far as marketing is concerned, Ford are heavily advertising the Ranger and Focus with its assisted parking on tv, just not the Falcon at all.
Old 25-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #30
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge
I agree, that's a real light-weight effort. You'd be forgiven for thinking all he did was take them for a quick flick around the block and then wrote it up on his laptop over a cup of coffee.
it wasn't really a comparison between the 2. the economy figures were the factory combined figures. i'd be surprised if he even drove them at all.
Closed Thread