Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-08-2007, 10:25 PM   #1
WKD-XR6
AZZA

Default FPV throttle body on a XR6

hello all
im just after a bit of help with something i was thinking about doing to my car i was thinking and now wondering would it be worth it if i put a FPV throttle on a XR6 would it make a difference or would it just be a bad idea
thanx

WKD-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2007, 02:26 PM   #2
james22
With da Warlords

Waste of money and time mate. I assume your talking about a BA-BF as you are reffering to FPV. The t-body is not a restriction at stock car power figures, if anything an aftermarket filter or typhoon air box setup would do more for you than anything, and would be a hell of a lot cheaper.

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2007, 06:23 PM   #3
Bossxr8
Peter Car

All the throttle bodies are the same anyway.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2007, 02:03 PM   #4
Ringo
I see you....

Throttle bodies are not carby's....but your thinking is correct in term of looking for more effecient air flow through the engine.

Echo the aftermarket filter or typhoon air box set up with an exhaust would improve airflow.

Also a customer flash tune can release some hidden performance. All this could probably be done for around $2k and would give you more oomph
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post