Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-04-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
f6mattf6
Starter Motor

Angry Car keyed

Hows this for a **** act. Few weeks ago woke up on sat morning to find some assehole had walked down my driveway and scratched all the panels on my F6 tornado Ute. Would love to get my hands on this weak maggot and smack him around a bit. Could have understood if it was on the road or carpark but in my driveway sux ****. Anyway my whole cars getting a full respray at a cost of 9k and the insaurance company were awseome about it.

Now im getting a new garage and have to lock it up at night because of jealous ford hating bastards. Anyone else had a similar problem?????

f6mattf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 11:17 PM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: Car keyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6mattf6
Hows this for a **** act. Few weeks ago woke up on sat morning to find some assehole had walked down my driveway and scratched all the panels on my F6 tornado Ute. Would love to get my hands on this weak maggot and smack him around a bit. Could have understood if it was on the road or carpark but in my driveway sux ****. Anyway my whole cars getting a full respray at a cost of 9k and the insaurance company were awseome about it.

Now im getting a new garage and have to lock it up at night because of jealous ford hating bastards. Anyone else had a similar problem?????
Not typically at home, but out and about my cars have coped a beating over the years, usually on purpose by jealous ****** who don't care. I seem to get around it with my XR6 ute work hack by leaving it dirty, if its filthy dirty people are not interested in it, where as if its shiny clean they seem to take notice and want to distroy it. I also park far far away from people, and in safe areas at night.

Sad but its the way society is, if the penalties were tougher and there were less drug / alcohol fueled voilence we would all be better off.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #3
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hope karma catches up with them, the thing to remember is you are still driving a FPV F6 while they are probably catching a bus without a ticket low life scum bags.
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #4
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my mates car got key when we went to get a pizza a few months ago. parked walked in paid for pizza and walked back to the car to find from door handle to fuel flap right to metal. lucky for him the dumb **** was a kid he recently fired and the kid shot his mouth off to his friends and word got around shortly followed by a visit on his door step from the police. feel for ya mate atleast the insurance company has been good about it
Old 19-04-2011, 11:19 PM   #5
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe
Hope karma catches up with them, the thing to remember is you are still driving a FPV F6 while they are probably catching a bus without a ticket low life scum bags.
More like they are probably driving around in their fully *** unregistered VN's, using the same roads as we do.

Its all in how they were brought up. Bring your kids up with no rules and look what happens.
Old 19-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #6
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had a mate had his car sprayed with paint by a juvenile with a pressure pack.
He caught him just as he was finishing his handywork. Grabbed the kid and his can and then sprayed the paint all over the kid until the can ran out then kicked him up the you know what.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 11:24 PM   #7
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

It happened to me to dude, but mine was 24hrs within my purchase! I bought the VYII SS and me and my ex went out for dinner the same night to celebrate to find cops hanging around my car. I ran over thinking my ticket may have expired or something but when I got there they said a ticket is the last of my problems!
I almost broke dwn when I saw it! In the same day I picked it up some dirty gromit dog done that! Better I never saw it because I would be 100% locked up for it...
Windsor342ci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 11:25 PM   #8
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

this is what im most worried about. I manage a cinema complex and can imagine me walking out to the carpark at midnight to find my pride and joy keyed or tyres slashed or even worse windows smashed... Local security guards are useless! But have to agree 9x out of 10 its little punk kids who hate fords
Old 19-04-2011, 11:28 PM   #9
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro XR6
this is what im most worried about. I manage a cinema complex and can imagine me walking out to the carpark at midnight to find my pride and joy keyed or tyres slashed or even worse windows smashed... Local security guards are useless! But have to agree 9x out of 19 its little punk kids who hate fords and are holden crazy.
Take some advice.

never wash it..

Drive it out on dirt country roads so u cant even see what colour it is...

They wont touch it!!!
Old 19-04-2011, 11:52 PM   #10
jamesson1980
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it's the lowest act.. mine was done within a month of purchase by some crazed old loon at Lakes Entrance. Lucky the old ScratchX got it right out, however, many other cars in the lot were cut so deep the metal was almost inscribed.
But this was a one off, I agree 99.9% of the time it's a little feral mutt kid between 10 and 18, the type who asks you for money or to buy them goon or smokes. Keepin it dirty is a sure winner (although what car owner should have to neglect to protect), also, if you're a person who needs to park the car in a vulnerable spot for hours on end, see if some cheap hack car is within your budget.. I picked up an EB for $300 and for the cost of Reg and bomb insurance i can do my daily stuff without a care that my FG will be vandalised or get a trolley ding etc.. it's like my little $700 a year bodywork insurance policy

2009 FG XR6, Ego Paint, Darkest possible tint, Sunroof, Black Vic number plates. No performance mods. Born To Be Mild
jamesson1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 11:57 PM   #11
AEF_Silver94
Falcon obsessed

damn, also one of the things I worry about. But wow, what kind of pathetic person would do that -_-
AEF_Silver94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2011, 12:09 AM   #12
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6mattf6

SOrry to hear this , have you considered the two essentuals to good car keeping , car inside high fence > ****** livered dog on loose
I have and it works , I had the foulcan keyed on the drive just before the thing was destined to a new paint job but I really wanted to catch the culprit
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2011, 01:59 AM   #13
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Caught a bloke I used to be friends with keys in his hands, standing right next to my car once.
He came up with some story to cover for it, end of the day, he doesn't drive so I can't see why he would have car keys in his hand.
Lucky it didn't have a scratch on it, I must've caught him just before he started.

Our friendship had ended somewhat explosively when I told his gf - a friend of mine - that he was a cheating coward.
He tried to hit me with a chair, I had an acoustic guitar in hand (not mine, it belonged to the high school I went to back in the day).
...but thats another story.
Old 20-04-2011, 08:06 AM   #14
remps88
Twin Banger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor_Evans
He tried to hit me with a chair, I had an acoustic guitar in hand (not mine, it belonged to the high school I went to back in the day).
...but thats another story.

i wanna hear the "other story"! sounds interesting! :P

2006 EGO bf xr6. 6spd manual. 19 inch Dark Agent wheels. pedders lowered shocks and springs. full extractors and 3 inch exhaust. dvd player. 2x12inch alpine subs. leather seats. xr6 turbo intake. reverse sensors.

2007 CBR600rr. black and grey, acropovic exhaust, shorty levers, and the ability to take on a lambo in a 0-100 race.
remps88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #15
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by remps88
i wanna hear the "other story"! sounds interesting! :P
This may not be the place for it but here goes.

Back when I was sixteen I was in a bit of a Nirvana rip off Grunge band, the rhythm guitarist was a sixteen year old girl who was friends with me at the time (still is), I was lead guitarist and singer.

We were sitting jamming some tunes in our school's back music room with a couple of mates when this bloke (I won't use names) came in accusing me of telling his gf that he cheated on her.
He had his big redneck friend on one side and his smaller cronie on the other.

I confirmed that I told her, I then told him he was a cowardly cheat - all the time I was talking, I was playing *IIRC* "Fade to Black" by Metallica, which in retrospect is quite funny.
He kept saying that he wanted to take it outside, I told him I really didn't want to have to hurt him - I'm not trying to blow smoke up my behind but I'm a big lad and I know how to handle myself.

I was sitting on a table with the guitar on my knee, as is the usual position.
He picked up a typical school chair; tubular steel frame, plastic seat and backrest. He swung the chair aiming at my head, I blocked the chair with my left hand and swung the neck of the "Valencia" acoustic guitar up into my right hand while holding onto the chair with my left.
*I was holding the guitar like a club*
"I don't want to have to hurt you," I said, still somehow calm.
"Nah, you're a *uses every swear word in existence*, I'm gonna drop you"
I laughed at him, which probably wasn't the best way to diffuse the situation.
He then kicked out at me, I dropped the guitar and smacked him across the face.
My mates (who hadn't backed me up one little bit) stayed silent when I told him to leave and stop being such a muppet.
...I think he may have had had a bit of a sulk about that... after having a bit of a cry

The only person that backed me up was the female rhythm guitarist, I'd prefer to fight Chuck Norris than her any day.

A couple of weeks after that, my guitar was vandalised at school.
He tried to fight me at a house party, I ended up snapping and putting him down after he got violent. I don't like using violence but some people just can't be told.

Thats exactly the way it happened, I can't remember the whole conversation but it was much longer than that.
I think at some point he insulted my girlfriend (been with her currently since 2009 - which is the year this happened) so that would've been why I gave him a bit of tough love.
Anyway, its no super awesome story.
Old 20-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #16
DallasXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4D
my mates car got key when we went to get a pizza a few months ago.
Must be something to do with pizza shops..
My mum had just got her new focus (one of the first euro ones) went to work few hours later came out for a smoke and it had been keyed all down the drivers side. Car was parked out front of the shop, as she never parked around the back saying there where too many shady people hanging round there!!

Red P's
DallasXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2011, 10:20 AM   #17
jlef5

I'd hate to know what I would do if it happens to the EH and I find out who done it. It's my second biggest fear, after it been stolen/burnt.
jlef5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #18
Warrenk

It is sad, but there are low life ferrels that think it is fun keying cars or slashing tyres. I took my Cobra(pictured in the avatar) for a drive a few weeks ago and pulled to a BP garage for a cup of coffee. I parked the car where I could see it from the inside of the shop. Except for five minutes I kept an eye on the parked car.
The next week at home I noticed a key scratch on the back guard about 75mm long down to the gelcoat. I was not impressed.

At christmas time I caught a low life sticking a knife into a tyre of a parked car. I got up him, but not too close as he still had a knife in his hand. He ran off into a crowd and disappeared.
Warrenk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #19
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Its not just Ford haters striking at nice Fords. The scrum bags do it for entertainment. My Dads newish car got Keyed when i was a kid, the losers had keyed every car on that side of the street. They literally walked down the street starting with the first car and the scratch finished on the last car.

Yet you would be in the wrong if you catch them in the act and make a move.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2011, 08:32 PM   #20
f6mattf6
Starter Motor

At least im not alone in this crazy world. **** happens i quess just have to hide it behind a gate with lights shinning on it to **** the scumbag off next time he walks past
f6mattf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2011, 09:08 PM   #21
brumby200
Starter Motor

I've never been able to understand why someone would do that to a car.. there are some low lives out there..
brumby200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #22
TK-421

I purchased a two piece motion sensor/alarm from ebay us it has two units each about the size of a smoke packet, the sensor is placed at the front of my house under the roof guttering then you park inside the detection zone. The reciever is taken inside and has an audible signal when activated, certainly gets the adrenalin going when it goes off at night.

Would recomend one of these units when parking outside.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2011, 09:55 PM   #23
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntechAU
I purchased a two piece motion sensor/alarm from ebay us it has two units each about the size of a smoke packet, the sensor is placed at the front of my house under the roof guttering then you park inside the detection zone. The reciever is taken inside and has an audible signal when activated, certainly gets the adrenalin going when it goes off at night.

Would recomend one of these units when parking outside.
Our sensor light used to be great till my damn neighbours got cats, now we just ignore the light when it goes off as its always a bloody cat walking across the roof of my car.
Old 27-04-2011, 10:08 PM   #24
KuRT12

Not Exactly keying.. but when i got my VE SV6 on the first day, i was really proud of it and it was really clean. i went to the supermarket with a friend. and choosing carparks carefully i parked next to a bloke in a BA/BF XR ute which was also clean (he was sitting in the car at the time reverse parked so our drivers doors were next to each other)

I smiled and nodded at him as i went into the supermarket.

i came back, he was gone and he had hocked several loogies all over my drivers door handle and window.

was pretty upset.
KuRT12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2011, 10:33 PM   #25
JG65TE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dogs the hell out of me. dont care if is a nice ride or ya shoppin trolley, no one deserves a keying. good to hear ya insurance company was tops about it.
JG65TE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2011, 12:45 AM   #26
bigdude1011

I had some flaptard writing the word "DIK" down the drivers' door of the Integra (seriously, with that spelling) with some sharp object when I was at work.

As I was badly bullied at school (which is in the area that my work is located), I've got the feeling that the vandal knew that I was the driver of the car, and pounced on it when I went upstairs to work (work in a major supermarket with public underground parking).

Maybe I'm just paranoid.
Old 28-04-2011, 03:08 AM   #27
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

I had someone go at my old FG with a hammer, then keyed the boot for good measure. It's really sad that people like this exist, you have to wonder what goes through their heads.. not much is my guess.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post