Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-09-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
Dr. Feelgood
Classy Redneck

Default New Brisbane Metropolitan Mobile Speed Cameras

A couple of days ago, I saw a Highway Patrol car pulled over on Gladstone Rd, Highgate Hill, behind a white BA Falcon Ute with a 4x4 caonpy of it's tray. As I drove past, I saw there was actually a Speed Camera mounted in the tray.

I saw this setup again today (minus the Highway Patrol) on Logan Rd, Woolloongabba. No speed camera signs, no nothing. Just the Ute, with the visible camera peaking out through the rear canopy window.

Has anybody heard about these?

Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is all about YENOM. (That is an "anna"gram)
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2010, 01:08 PM   #3
kenz
BOSS Pilot

they been around for a while, they also use unmarked white 4x4 rodeo's with canopies

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
Dr. Feelgood
Classy Redneck

Yeah, I've seen the Rodeos, usually on the Highway heading north of the City to the Sunshine Coast.
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #5
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz
they been around for a while, they also use unmarked white 4x4 rodeo's with canopies
Yeah i seen the same at Redcliffe on Sat, complete with orange light on top to wonder if the speeding car next to me received a letter
Old 13-09-2010, 03:40 PM   #6
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Yeah, these have been around for some time now. I see quite a few VW Golfs setup as stealth cameras.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2010, 06:45 PM   #7
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

There is commodore utes with a canopy as well. There is also a big flash mounted low down near the number plates on all of these making them fairly obvious.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2010, 10:23 PM   #8
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

the white falcon ute with canopy hangs around miles platting rd in 8mile plains alot.
www.taipanmotorsport.com.au
BAxtER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2010, 10:42 PM   #9
BA Baracus
xls

Been around for nearly 6 months, started going unmarked around Easter. I see one of the white commodore ones on way to work a fair bit, usually in same spot.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11292823
BA Baracus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2010, 12:10 AM   #10
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

So why dont we have a thread informing everyone of these facts and updated regularly like other sites do?

I followed a gunmetal grey Jetta today , i nearly blew it away on the merge onto the M1 but i noticed the candy lights on the parcel shelf..

I'd post the rego up but no one else seems to bother so ...
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2010, 02:20 AM   #11
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

I am pretty sure there was a thread regarding the QLD covert speed cameras, there was also a fair bit of radio coverage about them at the start.

By the way, there is a Golf GTI on the M1 frequently, it is one of the Mt Gravatt traffic cars. There used to be a SS Commodore (blue) with the same rego plates but they got the golf to replace it (talking to the officers, they prefer the golf). The plates are personalised plates and begin with RYW, can't remember what the numbers are.

So, don't play with that one, he uses red and blue lights to win.

I have seen him many times as I used to work at the Mt Gravatt ambuance. I is amazing, with the personalised plates no one picks it as a cop so everyone wants to drag it from the lights. You don't need to accuse these guys of baiting races, just sitting at a red light does the trick, every idiot gives them a go. Funny to watch, seen a suburu WRX rev up something fierce next to the golf on logan rd and wishart rd. The cops just sat there, not a single rev, not even a glance. When the lights turned green the WRX nailed it, left the golf behind until the red and blues went on. I was putting the bins out at the station at the time, could not help but laugh as I knew it was a cop the whole time.
Old 14-09-2010, 02:52 AM   #12
brismike
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking

Last couple of Saturdays there has been a highway patrol car and a Radar gun cop stationed at the Granard Road merge with the Ipswich Motorway westbound. You can see them from the lights further back up Granard Road but you still get idiots charging off from the lights desperate to get onto the Motorway. Trouble is the speed limit is still 60 until you get on the Motorway proper so they catch heaps.

ps . . they didn't get me lol.

Wife's - 2018 Peugeot 3008 Gtline, Pearl White - 6 Speed Auto - Fully Optioned.

My Toy - 2014 Smart Fortwo Passion Crystal White, Black Tridion Cell - 5 Speed Auto with Flappy Paddles - Tint - Twin Exhaust

The only good Commodore is the one now very very quickly disappearing in my rear view mirror.
brismike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #13
GoldCoastGTP
Luxo rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT

By the way, there is a Golf GTI on the M1 frequently, it is one of the Mt Gravatt traffic cars. There used to be a SS Commodore (blue) with the same rego plates but they got the golf to replace it (talking to the officers, they prefer the golf). The plates are personalised plates and begin with RYW, can't remember what the numbers are.
Silver GTI RYN-22 the - V8 supercar plates
Old 14-09-2010, 09:22 AM   #14
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCoastGTP
Thats the one, the V8SC used to suit the SS but not so sure about the Golf.
Old 14-09-2010, 09:51 AM   #15
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

A friend of ours had there number plates nicked off their car recently, just normal smart states ones.

The naughty boys screwed them to their own car and preceeded to blow through the Clem 7 tunnel at 175kph a few times.

Our friends received fines of $900+ but luckly reported the plates stolen prior to the infringements.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2010, 10:02 AM   #16
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCoastGTP
They are still on the black golf ..RYW.55 (run ya ****%rs)!!

But yes they have been on a number of vehicles , i had no idea until last night about the radars the OP is talking about rodeos/utes..
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2010, 10:16 AM   #17
bingoTE50
Steve

I have seen patrol cars with the white rodeo and orange lights pulled over a few times around the Logan Motorway entry off the M1 and I thought to myself geez ,that guy is a dill , got caught again ....now I know ..lol
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2010, 05:39 PM   #18
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

just tapping in , ironic a thread starts i go to brisbane and my sister picks me up from the airport and told me about the op vehicle ....as she has been pinged by it ...lol small world ...anyways thats almost 2 cents ...sneaky buggers no signs no nothin ...