Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-06-2010, 11:18 PM   #1
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Finding a relaitves phone number in SA.

Im trying to find my Biological dads phone number and adress but im having no luck, I last saw him about 5 years ago in Adelaide where he lives but I have lost all contact details

any ideas how I could find him? All I know is his first and last name, and sorta the area where he lives in in Tea Tree Gully (I think)

The white pages is showing nothing.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2010, 11:20 PM   #2
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Police will be able to help, however they can only pass on your message and not reveal his address etc. It will be up to your dad to call you back.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2010, 11:23 PM   #3
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Really???? wow, thats an idea! Thanks Jim Goose!!!!

Anyone got any other options available? ( I might use the police as a last resort as I dont want to scare him)

Click here to see my ute
Old 18-06-2010, 11:24 PM   #4
Kryton

would this help:
http://pipl.com/
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2010, 11:28 PM   #5
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

HMMM, no luck on pipl.com davway

Click here to see my ute
Old 19-06-2010, 10:35 AM   #6
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Check the SA State and Commonwealth electroral rolls which at least should give you an address you can write to.
Old 20-06-2010, 02:08 AM   #7
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

I doubt the Police can help unless things have changed in the last 20 years. I went through a similar scenario trying to find my old man. The way they did help, was to pass on my address to a step brother, when he produced my fathers death certificate.

You could try the Salvos. They have a missing persons style system, where you may be able to locate him.

Another avenue is if you know any previous work places. You might strike it lucky and find a workmate of his that knows where he is, or where he currently works.

Facebook is another avenue. Never know. He might be on there.

There's a few other suggestions to try. Good luck with the hunt and I do hope you have some success

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2010, 09:42 AM   #8
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Ring the local talk back radio station ???...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #9
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
Ring the local talk back radio station ???...
hit up Binky Byrner on 5AA.....
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #10
adamd

I would say the Salvo's or or if you know he is of a particular religious faith, approach them. They generally will pass on contact details, as long as they feel there is no threat to their member.

I used this to find my father about 10 years ago, I knew he came from a small Lutheran community, so approached the local Lutheran Pastor and explained the situation. He knew the family, subtly passed on my details and we got in touch.
adamd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2010, 11:30 PM   #11
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Facebook is a good starting point. Type in the name and send a simple msg to all that are in the area that match. Don't go by images or other info as it is often fake or not relevant.

Then see if his old work has a group and join then msg that as well. If you knew of any of the places he frequented ask around there. Put up signs on the local notice boards and even try putting an add in the local paper. I see you are not an Adelaide local but you can find locals to help I guess.

How many people do you know in the area? Mentioning his name and asking them to ask around their friends may yeild a result as well.

Failing that, hire a private investigator.

Good luck.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2010, 07:42 PM   #12
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks guys, OK so he's not on Facebook.
I think what I might do is ring every person in Adelaide with the last name (might be a relative) and ask them if they know him

Any one in Adelaide remember Ken Baines Automotive transmissions?

Click here to see my ute