Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-03-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
cougermoon
Mr blue

Default trip meter help

Hey guys ive just installed my new tickford cluster and it works fine, changed the pins around and everything works well including the 2 stage dimmer switch.

BUT

when i was using my old cluster i noticed that my trip meter screen (LCD one) lights wern't working, i figured the bulbs had shat em selves, so when i put the new XR tickford one in i thought they would work but there not.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/vbporta...article&id=305

From this i think is pin 15 on the JP2 connector, but ive looked at it and made sure it making a connection and still the lights wont come one, the rest of the clusters lights work fine just not the trip screens ones.

Anyone have any ideas?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Is there a fuse for these bulbs that has gone or something?

Anyways would love to hear some ideas

Big thanks

Will

Engine Mods:| 4499's Pacies | 2.5" single muffler Redback Cat back | Hi-Flow Cat | Custom intake 3" | SS CAI snorkel | BM Hi-Flow Filter |

Visual Mods:| Clear side indicators | Tickford Wings | XR dash cluster | Black gear surround and shifter | Painted brakes | 18" BF XR8 mags | Black chrome tail lights

My Build
cougermoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
cougermoon
Mr blue

Also just changed over the bulbs for the tripmeter, still no difference..

Engine Mods:| 4499's Pacies | 2.5" single muffler Redback Cat back | Hi-Flow Cat | Custom intake 3" | SS CAI snorkel | BM Hi-Flow Filter |

Visual Mods:| Clear side indicators | Tickford Wings | XR dash cluster | Black gear surround and shifter | Painted brakes | 18" BF XR8 mags | Black chrome tail lights

My Build
Old 10-03-2010, 08:58 PM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Try fuses 1 & 20
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2010, 01:06 AM   #4
illusivedreams

Will voltage and oil pressure work?

Is their difference in Fairmont and XR Cluster.
I have an XL ute and if I would like to upgrade what si the best easiest cluster to go for?

S2 AU by the way
K&N Panel Filter
FG XR6 17" Rims 245/45-17 tyres
XR6T Snorkle
BA front Caliper Conversion 300mm With Bendix Heavy Duty Pads
Tow bar
Transmission Cooler
illusivedreams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2010, 02:49 PM   #5
cougermoon
Mr blue

I got it to work in the end, made up my own loom plug and made the connection a lil tidier. All works now

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusivedreams
Will voltage and oil pressure work?

Is their difference in Fairmont and XR Cluster.
I have an XL ute and if I would like to upgrade what si the best easiest cluster to go for?

S2 AU by the way
Well mine works but ive been told i got lucky that some AU 2's came with an oil pressure sensor.

Some how even door ajar works, battery voltage and everything else, even window spray bottle :P

I didnt think they would being a forte.

Ive been told these are easy changes to be made if you dont have them in though, and the cluster looks soooo much better

XR is a mid series and fairmonts have the high series, i prefer the XR type, there isnt much difference between the two.

Have a look here it explains it all: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=53160

Anyways good luck with it, let me know if you need any help mate

Will

My Build