Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-12-2009, 01:06 PM   #1
Paddyboy

Default What to buy? New Holden wagon or G6e turbo?

Hey guys,
Its time for me to buy a new car. Now im a Ford boy through and through but im in love with the new commodore wagon. I dont like the VE sedan but love the wagon and am looking at getting the calais v8. However I also love the G6e turbo which looks so classy and is bloody fast, faster then the holden v8. The predicament im in is this:
I love my v8's and I love wagons (ive had a vx wagon and ba wagon for work cars) I dont have to have a wagon though but I really want a v8 and nothing from ford comes with a v8 apart from the xr8 which is a bit to "boy racer" for me. Thats why Ive narrowed my choices down to the G6e turbo and valais wagon.
They are both entirely different cars but I love them both.
Whats the turbo like to live with? is it civilized when driving sensibly (like taking business associates out for lunch)
Ive never actually driven a ve apart from an omega and I thought the quality of ride was definetly below the ford.

What do you guys think? I dont want to hear "buy the ford coz its a ford"

My way of thinking is, I want to get the Ford but whats making me think twice is lack of v8, and ive never owned a turbo so I dont know what its like to live with.

any advice, info would be greatly appreciated.

cheers