Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-08-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Default Leather handbrake - can the cover come off the mechanism?

Hi All,

Got a leather handbrake and boot that I would like to fit. The standard plastic/rubber cover comes off the standard handbrake easily.

Tried the same with the leather one, but it feels like there is no chance that it will just slide off.

I'd really like to avoid having to take the driver's seat out and change the whole mechanism over (coz I'm lazy!), so just thought I'd check if anyone's done this before?

Thanks,

Justin.

private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
T3man
Banned

It comes off in two pieces. Just slide the upper section off as you would with the one piece vinyl cover - it takes a bit of tugging.

The lower section has plastic "wings" which clip under the centre console and the seat runner - you have to bend/manipulate the wings, freeing them out of their positions so the lower section is free to slide up and along the lever.

edit - you might have to separate the two pieces at the centre join as a first step - the lower piece sits over/outside the upper one.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2009, 10:25 PM   #3
brad`
The Monty

haha, when he says a fair bit of tugging he means, u gotta be like an iron man to move it a little let alone trying to put the clips back in the little gap u can barly put ur hand in let alone move stuff

i tired it that way took me about 30 -45 mins before i gave up and took out the drivers seat (5 mins) and did it that way tightend the hand brake while i was there

cheers
brad`

brad` is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2009, 10:38 PM   #4
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Haha, cool, thanks for the advice guys.

Looks like I'll go the harder easy way!
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post