Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-04-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default gear box help

i have a problem

a rare prob which only occurs every 3 or 4 months

when i stop at a driveway and go to take off i get nothing from the gear box at all untill it kicks in and im off agian

now i did have a leak where the tail shaft connects in which i got fixed but never check the level of the oil in it

could the s5 solinoid be on the way out or playing up

cause its never done this before the gear box has done 292 000 kms and has been a no problem

just started this year

like i sais its a very very very rare thing thich occurs every other day its awesome to drive on the gear box

frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2009, 06:12 PM   #2
The Monty
Just slidin'

It is when you park on a slight incline, Its just low on fluid. Like I said in your build thread, get a service, a full flush, the S5 solenoid wound up a half, and a tranny cooler, your box will love you.
Old 16-04-2009, 06:51 PM   #3
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeh drive way at work is a little steep and the car faces down, thats when i get the no go until he goes bang and then im off

after that she is fine, no problems at work thats only place it happens all ther other times my gear box is brilliant
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post