Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 27-12-2008, 07:37 PM   #1
Fredo
Nice kitty . .

Default GT Stripes

Folks,
I am trying to get an idea of what my ’05 Tungsten 5dr CL LS might look like with GT stripes.
(Bonnet, Roof, Back, Sides. . . the whole enchilada)

Sometime ago I saw a picture of a Tungsten Focus with, I think, white stripes and white Superturismo type wheels but for the life of me I can’t remember where I saw it.

I have done the Goggle search for pics but to no avail..

If any of you have pics or know where I can find pics of a tungsten focus with stripes I would be grateful.

Cheers

Fredo

:

Late 2005 LS CL, 5spd Manual, 5 Door, Titanium Grey
To Do List:-
:- Using 95 RON Fuel (DONE -easiest upgrade of all) :- XR5 Springs (DONE) :- Lower air box removal (DONE) :- K & N Panel Air Filter (DONE)
:- 2.25" Cat Back (DONE) :- DBA Brake upgrade (DONE)
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2008, 08:22 PM   #2
Mullett
Badly Focused

Is tungsten the blue? If so, it's Velocoraptors car...

-RM.

93 GSR/Evo3...too much to mention, 12.2sec 1/4, FOR SALE!

*Maybe we don't try putting holes in things that sink, yeah?*
Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2008, 12:00 PM   #3
Fredo
Nice kitty . .

No its the dark Grey Mullett.

Fredo

:- Using 95 RON Fuel (DONE -easiest upgrade of all) :- XR5 Springs (DONE) :- Lower air box removal (DONE) :- K & N Panel Air Filter (DONE)
Old 28-12-2008, 12:10 PM   #4
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Not sure if they have any photos, but if you wanted to buy them head over to www.dmb.uk.com. That's where I got all my graphics from and they are impeccable to deal with. Pretty sure they have a full package containing everything you're after too (they make them focus-specific for exact size matching)

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2008, 12:13 PM   #5
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Its nice to here someone else likes the stripes

If someone can do photochop of the pics of my car, that should give you a pretty good idea of what it would look like.

http://www.velociraptor.biz/frame.ph...ge=sidestripes

quad-stripes come from Bladeruner Graphics in QLD and installed by SignOrama here in Vic

the side stripes was purchased from DMB Graphics in the uk and were pre-cut to fit
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2008, 01:41 PM   #6
Mullett
Badly Focused

If you need stickers, I've got a friend here who does them.

Glen Evan Customs, i'll find the website

-RM.

93 GSR/Evo3...too much to mention, 12.2sec 1/4, FOR SALE!

*Maybe we don't try putting holes in things that sink, yeah?*
Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2008, 04:48 PM   #7
Fredo
Nice kitty . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor82

If someone can do photochop of the pics of my car, that should give you a pretty good idea of what it would look like.

http://www.velociraptor.biz/frame.ph...ge=sidestripes

quad-stripes come from Bladeruner Graphics in QLD and installed by SignOrama here in Vic

the side stripes was purchased from DMB Graphics in the uk and were pre-cut to fit
Simon . . . Maaate,
I’m new here and no doubt you have heard this any number of times before, but aesthetically I reckon your car is spot-friggin’-on!

The question is, would I get a similar result in my car’s colour – Tungsten?

What do you think?

I'm in Brisbane so I'll look up Bladerunner Graphics - Thanks.

Fredo

Old 28-12-2008, 07:47 PM   #8
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'm a huge fan. Considering stripes for my XR5. The ones you have on yours (side stripes are too much) really make me want some on mine.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2008, 03:40 PM   #9
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo
Simon . . . Maaate,
I’m new here and no doubt you have heard this any number of times before, but aesthetically I reckon your car is spot-friggin’-on!
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. The ST's in europe have very similar stripes anyway

Quote:
The question is, would I get a similar result in my car’s colour – Tungsten?

What do you think?
I think I'll have to see the colour (can't picture the tungsten in my head). but I'm thinking it would look pretty good with black stripes. (then again maybe an elenor look is too much.)

Are you gonna get new rims? I origianlly got the white rims as was recommended to me to match the quad-stripes which had already been put on. But the side profile just looked empty until i got the side stripes on. The white rims and white stipes work really well together. Most people who have a silver focus seems to have preferred black rims. If you get black rims too then I definatlly suggest getting black stripes.

But as suggested before maybe someone can do a photochop of the pics above to give you an idea.

Old 29-12-2008, 03:43 PM   #10
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

I'm looking forward to seeing what RJO89 has done to his seeing as the sidestripes he had wasn't good enough for him. lol

Old 29-12-2008, 05:06 PM   #11
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Yeah black on silver looks alright, but tungsten is the dark silver. More a metallic grey I believe, in which case I don't think black stripes would suit it too well. Personally I'd go for a red or blue, then paint the brake calipers in the same colour, and get some black rims with a chrome lip on them.

Old 29-12-2008, 05:07 PM   #12
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Quote:
I'm looking forward to seeing what RJO89 has done to his seeing as the sidestripes he had wasn't good enough for him. lol
I'm working on getting the air bubbles out at the moment, but here's a pic to give you an idea of what it looks like.

It's a much deeper blue than the picture shows up, same colour as the side stripes for anybody who had seen them previously. Took me around about 8 hours total to fit the whole lot (both sides), but due to the curvature of the body, air bubbles are extremely difficult to avoid, especially around the door trim and wheel arch area. But overall, they came out looking alright!

Old 29-12-2008, 05:21 PM   #13
BlackLS
yum

Do they go on with soapy water?

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2008, 05:25 PM   #14
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Yeah used the soapy water trick, so they aren't actually air bubbles, they're water bubbles. Most of the ones on the passenger side (done about 3 weeks ago) have disappeared where the water has evaporated and the vinyl has stuck, but there's still a few left. Just gonna have to pop them and squeeze the air out.
Mind you, you can only see them if you're about a foot away from the stickers themselves. But now that I've told everyone that the bubbles are there, they are going to be looking for them!! So to critiques, I pose the challenge to fit this sticker set without any air bubbles whatsoever : :

Old 29-12-2008, 07:08 PM   #15
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJO89
I'm working on getting the air bubbles out at the moment, but here's a pic to give you an idea of what it looks like.
Use a pin to let the air out.
eXtremist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2008, 07:24 PM   #16
Fredo
Nice kitty . .

Thumbs up

Quote:
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. The ST's in europe have very similar stripes anyway

I think I'll have to see the colour (can't picture the tungsten in my head). but I'm thinking it would look pretty good with black stripes. (then again maybe an elenor look is too much.)

Are you gonna get new rims? I origianlly got the white rims as was recommended to me to match the quad-stripes which had already been put on. But the side profile just looked empty until i got the side stripes on. The white rims and white stipes work really well together. Most people who have a silver focus seems to have preferred black rims. If you get black rims too then I definatlly suggest getting black stripes.

But as suggested before maybe someone can do a photochop of the pics above to give you an idea.
Its the dark silver (grey) so mmmm . . . not sure about black but maybe the 'stealthy' style . . .
RJ089's suggestion of blue is interesting.

Yeah, IMO I think it looks more complete when the wheels and the stripes are similar colour. So if I end up with light silver stripes I'll look for silver rims, white stripes with white rims, blue with ??? dunno.

I plan to upgrade the rims to 17 or 18's mid-year (big birthday coming up).
The brakes will get painted soon again depending on the colour of the stripe I settle on.

Fredo

Old 30-12-2008, 10:26 AM   #17
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Looking good reagan. now i just gotta see it in the flesh. yeah i had similar problems with air bubbles when i attempted to put the stripes on the bonnet. So I went to signOrama to put it on for me instead. I didn't have any problems putting the sidestripes on, didn't use soapy water just used a makeshift squeegee. (credit card bound with masking tape).

Now that I've seen the car, Fredo, I still think black would work but it won't stand out like mine. I think reagan has the right idea tho. either dark red or dark blue and matching calipers would look good. a light silver with matching rims even better. i think a silver stripe will give you a presige look especially if it is a metallic (like you find on the xr4's)

also you may want to consider the bumpers. i didn't go over the bumpers cos i wanted to get an aftermarket kit. I also ran the stripe underneath the rear licence plate unlike the xr5's.

If you get the body stripes from DMB they are pre cut to fit tho I don't know if it is intended to fit an xr5 body kit or a standard one. Alternativly the bladerunner graphics ones will need to be cut and this is where I recommend you get them put on professionally.

Old 30-12-2008, 11:18 AM   #18
Fredo
Nice kitty . .

Quote:
Looking good reagan. now i just gotta see it in the flesh. yeah i had similar problems with air bubbles when i attempted to put the stripes on the bonnet. So I went to signOrama to put it on for me instead. I didn't have any problems putting the sidestripes on, didn't use soapy water just used a makeshift squeegee. (credit card bound with masking tape).

Now that I've seen the car, Fredo, I still think black would work but it won't stand out like mine. I think reagan has the right idea tho. either dark red or dark blue and matching calipers would look good. a light silver with matching rims even better. i think a silver stripe will give you a presige look especially if it is a metallic (like you find on the xr4's)

also you may want to consider the bumpers. i didn't go over the bumpers cos i wanted to get an aftermarket kit. I also ran the stripe underneath the rear licence plate unlike the xr5's.

If you get the body stripes from DMB they are pre cut to fit tho I don't know if it is intended to fit an xr5 body kit or a standard one. Alternativly the bladerunner graphics ones will need to be cut and this is where I recommend you get them put on professionally.
Thanks Mate,

Dark Red - not thought of that one.
Dark Blue I like, with dark grey wheels??
Metalic silver might just be the one.

My Daughter said EO stripes . . but that might be committing some sort of crime against the XR5 covenant

Thanks again.

Fredo

Old 30-12-2008, 11:25 AM   #19
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Quote:
Thanks Mate,

Dark Red - not thought of that one.
Dark Blue I like, with dark grey wheels??
Metalic silver might just be the one.

My Daughter said EO stripes . . but that might be committing some sort of crime against the XR5 covenant

Thanks again.

Fredo
Dark blue w/ titanium rims would look the goods, but then again, I'm probably a bit biased towards blue :
Would be interesting to see the look of EO stripes. Someone should do a photochop to see what they look like. Might be hard pressed to find EO stripes though. They might have orange ones, but I doubt you'd find any that were EO unless you had them custom made.
If you got them from DMB they are made for the XR5 (ST) bodykit, but considering the XR5 is lower on both front and back as compared to the stock focus, you would just need to measure it out and cut it where you wanted it to end. Can't recommend DMB highly enough, so if you have the option, go with them, then ask to get the installed 'professionally' if you're not confident in doing it yourself.

Regan

Old 30-12-2008, 11:50 AM   #20
skriblz06

interesting idea guys. yeh i agree with RJO89. dark blue would be a good option. EO with your colour type focus wouldn't really match IMO. I say dark blue! haha Or how about white stripes, titanium rims or even machine grey rims? A dark coloured rim like grey or some sort would look mean
skriblz06 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2008, 11:58 AM   #21
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Just choose a set of rims you like, and have them painted in black. That way you're not restricting yourself to only black or dark rims. IMO, get Oz Racing Superturismo's. *drools*. I want a set of them for my own car. 19"s. Good god they're hot. Get them in anthracite, then get dark blue stripes w/ painted calipers. Wish I had photochop on my laptop now :(

Old 30-12-2008, 02:44 PM   #22
Fredo
Nice kitty . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJO89
Just choose a set of rims you like, and have them painted in black. That way you're not restricting yourself to only black or dark rims. IMO, get Oz Racing Superturismo's. *drools*. I want a set of them for my own car. 19"s. Good god they're hot. Get them in anthracite, then get dark blue stripes w/ painted calipers. Wish I had photochop on my laptop now :(

LOOOK . . . . . . pretty . . . . :

Old 30-12-2008, 03:09 PM   #23
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Nice, but these are better *drool*