Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-06-2008, 10:40 PM   #1
AUIIForte

Default Traffic History

Good evening guys, as I am looking into a new career (things at the moment arn't working out too well), I've been asked to submit the exact details of any traffic infringements that I have obtained.

I've only had one, which was crossing a red light (around 3:30ish am going to work), but they need exact details of what the day was, exact time, how many demerit points I lost and how much the fine was. Because this infringement was so long ago, I really don't remember any of the information, except for the time, which they need precise detail of.

I've looked through the RTA site and searched this forum but have had no luck in finding the information I need.

So the question is, does anybody know how I can obtain information from past infringement? Or a detailed account of what happened? Does this kind of stuff get recorded and stored somewhere so I can some how view it again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

EDIT: Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention that I reside in Canberra.

Last edited by AUIIForte; 17-06-2008 at 10:51 PM.
AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2008, 10:48 PM   #2
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

I know in QLD its trivial to get - here you just need to visit your local transport dept office and request a traffic history. I had to do that once when I had an accident. Don't know how the RTA is tho. I'm assuming they should be able to give it you, but as for how much detail? Who knows if they even keep that sort of info.
Old 18-06-2008, 12:17 AM   #3
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Go to the RTA and ask for a print out of your driving history. It's something like $15 or $25 and they can do it while you wait.
It will have all the details you require.

I took a workmate to get his last year when he had lost his licence and was going through court.
It was 3 pages long! Needless to say it didn't help his defence!
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2008, 07:37 AM   #4
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
Go to the RTA and ask for a print out of your driving history. It's something like $15 or $25 and they can do it while you wait.
It will have all the details you require.

I took a workmate to get his last year when he had lost his licence and was going through court.
It was 3 pages long! Needless to say it didn't help his defence!
Perhaps he should have accidently lost a page. :P
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2008, 10:37 AM   #5
whales
351 Cleveland:Pure Muscle

If you carn't find out the details they proabably carn't either so either put down nothing or just guess the information.
Let them prove you wrong
Old 18-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #6
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just do an approximation and make a not explaining that as this was so long ago you no longer recall the exact details so you are providing an estimate of the one and only offence. I'm sure this would be satisfactory given your good record

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2008, 12:28 PM   #7
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIForte
I've been asked to submit the exact details of any traffic infringements that I have obtained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
just do an approximation and make a note explaining that as this was so long ago you no longer recall the exact details so you are providing an estimate of the one and only offence. I'm sure this would be satisfactory given your good record
Submitting an approximation isn't going to do him any good.
With the RTA print out he can prove his record.

I'm sure if you were the employer and possibly going to let workers drive your vehicles, you'd want solid evidence of their driving history too.
Taking someone's word for it doesn't cut it if it ends up being a matter for insurance.

It is also required for proving that his licence is not currently suspended or disqualified. We have to get them from our drivers every 3 months.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2008, 10:59 PM   #8
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

As mentioned you need to go into the RTA ... you won't get the information online as far as I know ... you might be able to order it online and get it sent out ... I'd need to check.

Quickest way though is to go into the RTA and get a print out of your full driving history ... it should have everything you have done wrong.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2008, 11:01 PM   #9
b2tf
not here much anymore

You can look up your driving history online - its called MyRecords and is on the RTA website. Also shows your current demerit points etc. I dont know how far it goes back though.
Old 18-06-2008, 11:05 PM   #10
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

It goes back a fair while.

I found it:
https://ols2.rta.nsw.gov.au/clenq/index.jsp

There's a few other things you can get checked as well through this page too.

This service allows you to perform a number of vehicle and licence transactions.

Check your demerit points.

Request a copy of your driving record.

Lodge a Notice of Disposal if you sell a vehicle.

Check the registration and CTP insurance details of a second-hand vehicle that you’re thinking of buying.

Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2008, 11:30 PM   #11
XlR8TED

You'll need to head down to a government shopfront & hand over $20 (I think). Any govt. shopfront can do it, but you'll need to wait a couple of hours as only the guys in Dickson have the info. The other option is just going to the one in Dickson direct.

I got mine emailed to me.
XlR8TED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2008, 09:34 PM   #12
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default traffic record

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
It goes back a fair while.

I found it:
https://ols2.rta.nsw.gov.au/clenq/index.jsp

There's a few other things you can get checked as well through this page too.

This service allows you to perform a number of vehicle and licence transactions.

Check your demerit points.

Request a copy of your driving record.

Lodge a Notice of Disposal if you sell a vehicle.

Check the registration and CTP insurance details of a second-hand vehicle that you’re thinking of buying.

does anyone know if they do this in wa ?
Mickxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post