Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-05-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Default NSW Education Minister set to lose license! Shock, horror zzzz

News item:-
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...13/2243592.htm

Quote:
New South Wales Education Minister John Della Bosca has admitted he expects to lose his driver's licence after receiving another speeding ticket.

Mr Della Bosca, who lives on the state's central coast, has been on a probationary licence since the beginning of the year after accruing too many demerit points for speeding.

"Regrettably, I have now received another infringement notice," he said in a statement.

"Today, I advised the Roads and Traffic Authority that I was the driver and as a result, I expect to lose my driver's licence for six months."

He says he has not yet received official notice about his licence status but has stopped driving in the meantime.

"In addition to the penalties provided by the law, I have surrendered my general entitlement to a ministerial vehicle, although I anticipate that to fulfil duties and functions as a Minister, some driving services will be required," the statement said.

"I regret my carelessness and I can report that speed cameras are effective."
Some people just never 'learn' do they....?! :-)
(Pun intended, calm down Doris).

ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf

Last edited by Keepleft; 13-05-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
Rocket Racer
Starter Motor

Default Meh

They sure don't, bloody retard.
Old 13-05-2008, 06:13 PM   #3
dom_105
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Crush it.
dom_105 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2008, 06:29 PM   #4
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
"In addition to the penalties provided by the law, I have surrendered my general entitlement to a ministerial vehicle, although I anticipate that to fulfil duties and functions as a Minister, some driving services will be required," the statement said.
Yeh sure!! He doesn't honestly think that we would be that gullible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom_105
Crush it.
Crush him more like it.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2008, 06:32 PM   #5
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Probably just get his own driver anyways...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post