Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 20-03-2008, 01:16 AM   #1
FTE19
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AUll XR8 ute (which is which) ?

Sorry for posting this twice (in the Tickford section also) but just seen that the AUs have there own part , here is the question below .

Looking at buying a 2001 XR8 ute , was doing some research tonight and found that there is 3 different models in the 2001 AUll XR8 utes , they are all listed below

1 - AU II 185kw XR8 Super Cab Utility 2dr Man 5sp 631kg 5.0i (185kW)

2 - AU II 200kW XR8 Super Cab Utility 2dr Man 5sp 631kg 5.0i (200kW)

3 - AU II Pursuit XR8 Utility 2dr Man 5sp 631kg 5.0i (200kw)

Looking at the car ot engine , how do l tell which model it is , badge on the boot says Falcon XR8 , this XRs motor is in a pile in the tray in a thousand peices , also another thing l've noticed that there is a difference in body kits , some have extra bits hanging from the front bars on the sides , what the go there .

Any help and or pic's of the different models/parts/or bits to identify it would be a big help , a pre "thanks" also for anyone trying to help unravel this problem :

Old 20-03-2008, 12:54 PM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Search is your friend. If you do a search in the AU section, you should come across a thread that was posted in as recently as yesterday. Saved you the search:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11213650

From your description, I reckon you have the very rare rear engined, 0kw version, LOL.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Closed Thread