Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 05-08-2007, 08:18 AM   #1
Novice07
Starter Motor

Smile Air Con - Hissing

Hi, I've just bought a 2nd hand Fiesta Zetec build date Sep 04 (private sale). I had it checked out by the RACQ before i bought it and also took it for a test drive and didn't hear any problmes with the air con. I've been driving it around now for over a week and i've been getting these funny periodic hissing noises from the dash vents when i drive with the air con on.... also when i turn the car off and the air con was on there is a very long and loud hissing sort of noise that goes on for about 30 - 45seconds when the car has been turned off. Does anyone else find they have this problem? or could this be a sign that my air con is on the way out?

Thanks for any advice

Novice07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 01:59 PM   #2
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

In Falcons you can usually hear a bit of hissing just after the car is turned off but not normally while your driving.
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 02:10 PM   #3
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Its perfectly normal, its the tx valve regulating gas to your system. When you turn the car off, the differences in pressure between the high/low sides of the aircon system balance out
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 03:28 PM   #4
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I normally get the "hiss" when I turn on the A/C for the first time in months. I also get it when I turn it off... so it's normal.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2007, 01:32 PM   #5
Novice07
Starter Motor

Cool, thanks for the info... this noise is the only let down i've found with the car.... but i'm glad that it doesn't seem to be the air con on the verge of breaking down... what a relief
Novice07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post