Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-06-2007, 12:46 AM   #1
98fairmont
Starter Motor

Default urgent - help with electric mirror cable

Hope someone can help me!!!!

Am in the middle of changing my door trims and need to disconnect the cable for the electric mirror switch on the driver's side.

I've tried pulling and squeezing the bugger but it just won't come out.

It doesn't seem to be like the electric window switches where you squeeze them on the edges and they just pop out. But I don't want to pull too hard and break it.

MANY thanks in advance!

www.cardomain.com/ride/2486572
www.aufalcon.com/jo
98fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2007, 10:31 AM   #2
XR6Stu

Squeeze like an normal plug, then push it in towards each other, THEN pull it apart. Thel ugs often catch against each other, and doing the above will help release that pressue. ANother way is to find a small sharp implement and simplay lever the plastic catch up over the lug. Hope this helps, let me know how you go!
XR6Stu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2007, 11:19 AM   #3
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Stu
Squeeze like an normal plug, then push it in towards each other, THEN pull it apart. Thel ugs often catch against each other, and doing the above will help release that pressue. ANother way is to find a small sharp implement and simplay lever the plastic catch up over the lug. Hope this helps, let me know how you go!
That's the way to do it! They are easy to break though, so just take it easy...
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2007, 09:28 PM   #4
98fairmont
Starter Motor

Cheers for your help guys, I ended up getting it by levering it off (gently) with a small screwdriver. Am not in a hurry to do it again though, took me about an hour all up!

Was worth it for the new trim though!

www.aufalcon.com/jo
Old 24-06-2007, 10:51 PM   #5
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Good stuff! What door trims did you change to?
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2007, 12:39 AM   #6
98fairmont
Starter Motor

Fairmont Ghia... complete interior conversion :

Meant to get some pics up today but it's been ****ing down all day and now it's dark. But yeah very happy to say the least!

www.aufalcon.com/jo