Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-06-2007, 11:20 PM   #1
herc1
Starter Motor

Default AU 3 Seater UTE

Hey guys/girls.

Im In the market for a AU falcon UTE.
I don't know a great deal about fords range of utes.
Now, the problem is, i really want a manual AU but, Id really like to have the 3 seater aswell. Does the 3 seater also come in manual instead of the column shift auto?

I was leaning towards the holden VS, which does come in manual 3 seater (rare) but I prefer the falcon!

Also, how does the Ute perform in auto?
and also in manual?

Cheers....

herc1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2007, 11:22 PM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Only column shift auto in the 3-seater ... manual needs the centre console to be in place for the AU Falcon.

If doing a fair bot of towing the auto is the way to go ... manual as a maximum towing load for 1200kg ... whereas the auto can handle 2300kg with the heavy duty dowing hitch.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2007, 11:22 PM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by herc1
Hey guys/girls.

Im In the market for a AU falcon UTE.
I don't know a great deal about fords range of utes.
Now, the problem is, i really want a manual AU but, Id really like to have the 3 seater aswell. Does the 3 seater also come in manual instead of the column shift auto?

I was leaning towards the holden VS, which does come in manual 3 seater (rare) but I prefer the falcon!

Also, how does the Ute perform in auto?
and also in manual?

Cheers....
Column auto only for factory 3 seaters, I have seen 2 Pursuit 250's that were converted but both were still auto (floor shift though) and were sold.

Column auto is only available on XL/XLS, no XR's had it, but if you can finf Series III XLS with one, it'll be a good buy as they got the XR6 motor in them.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:26 PM   #4
herc1
Starter Motor

thanks guys for the fast replys

It will be towing a trailer most the time. but only a light trailer for work.

How does the auto go? performance wise.
It will be a cab chasis btw.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:46 PM   #5
crusher
Dirty ute club member

There all cab chassis mate. Good thing about the fords.

They go bloody well mate. With and without trailers.

I towed a big trailer full of dirt/gravel other crap the other weekend and it went sweet as. Towed it up the hill with no problems and was rock steady at about 90. Went very well. And you dont even notice the trailer on the back when empty until you take a turn too fast or are on a bad road and it bounces around. Good fun.
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2007, 11:49 PM   #6
herc1
Starter Motor

cool
is your one auto ?
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusher
There all cab chassis mate. Good thing about the fords.

They go bloody well mate. With and without trailers.

I towed a big trailer full of dirt/gravel other crap the other weekend and it went sweet as. Towed it up the hill with no problems and was rock steady at about 90. Went very well. And you dont even notice the trailer on the back when empty until you take a turn too fast or are on a bad road and it bounces around. Good fun.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:50 PM   #7
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
It will be a cab chasis btw.
Just so you know, a cab chassis is just a term to describe the cab with nothing on the back...not very practical or legal.
The manual is typically concidered superior to the auto for performance mods, although some will argue the point
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2007, 11:56 PM   #8
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

The good thing about the Falcon utes is they can be converter from styleside/tub to trayback quite easily ... making it very flexible.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #9
herc1
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR
Just so you know, a cab chassis is just a term to describe the cab with nothing on the back...not very practical or legal.
The manual is typically concidered superior to the auto for performance mods, although some will argue the point
ah ok
I was meaning Tray back....