Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-01-2005, 12:40 AM   #31
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Slightly off topic, how reliable generally is EBay for quality of items?

always been interested in biddingf, especially doin the whole sniping game, but have never been sure of how good the items are.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2005, 09:13 AM   #32
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoked
Slightly off topic, how reliable generally is EBay for quality of items?

always been interested in biddingf, especially doin the whole sniping game, but have never been sure of how good the items are.
ebay is a good buying tool because of where i live. i do my home work first, like, find out how much an item may sell at a wreckers or shop, put a figure in my head.............then snipe : i have never bought an item that has not been worse than how it was described. a credit to the sellers. just got myself a pair of brand new clevo ford motorsport r/covers from the states about $120 cheaper than buying across the counter here, including freight _2:

:Up_to_som i'll be sniping 2 items today ing_sm
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2005, 09:46 AM   #33
HOON69
Banned

im a master sniper i love sniping infact i'll snipe all day long to get the item i want,technically if your bidding the entire way through you find that nothing is a bargain then ppl wouldnt buy from ebay..

90% of users do it (sniping) a product for example RC car 25 bucks 5 mins to go sells for 140 bucks with 59 bids in 5 mins thats pretty hectic i reckon but is fair,after all "winner takes all" i reckon..

im always a last minute bidder i'll stalk ppl till the last minute to buy things its all good.LOL
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2005, 02:48 PM   #34
Brendan
I've got a blue car

eBay is good for obscure stuff, a lot of the day to day items in Australia aren't a lot cheaper, the overseas stuff is good.

I've bought a bit of camera gear off eBay, my EOS 30 body, a 100-300 lens (since sold again via eBay). Bought a Lowepro Nature Trekker bag from US eBay, about 60% of the price here. Handy to offload bit that's I buy and the don't fit because I'm too dumb to read the specs sometimes. ( I swear I've bought about 3 bags that were supposed to fit my camera and they haven't - another one sitting on my desk at the moment ready to go on.)

I mainly use it for stuff I can't get in Australia.

Although I did buy my UPS, WinXP Pro and Office XP off eBay (and no they aren't pirate - it's OEM stuff). Took a while as the UPS guy had heaps up for sale and I'd only bid the starting price, so took about 10 auctions to finally get it.
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2005, 12:24 AM   #35
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

I'd say if you can view the item, particularly with mechaniclal things, it's good. Because you don't get any guarantees on used items, you're relying on the say-so of the seller. I mentioned before I sold my bike last night for what I think is an exhorbitant amount, and I get a phone call today from the guy who bought it, he can't organise freight, so he's flying down to Brisbane from Townsville, and riding the bike back. I've got to book the bike into a mechanic tomorrow, to make sure it will make it that far... I've let him know the problems it has, but I think he's in it for a mid-life adventure!
Captain Stubing is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post