Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 06:55 PM   #61
EBFalcs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplosiveR6
In the end who really cares, i would'nt care how fast the VP is, it will still be an unreliable, unsophisticated, unrefined 15 year old commodore. Why even compare the two?
unreliabe? these ****ers are burnout thrash machines, you can flog one all it's life and will still be going strong at 300,000km's. they're almost bullet proof engines, trans's are tough, never heard of many diff problems.

[QOUTE]That would be a total mismatch, the vp wouldnt stand a chance. The Ba xt would run rings around it. I suppose dreams are free! It would be close if the Ba was running on its rims.[QUOTE]

the rings that we will see is the rings the VP 5L leaves on the road.

and one more thing iv'e been in a few stock 5L and most of them chirp second gear when given a boot, now that's far better than any sequential shift, they don't even work, it has about a 1-1.5 second delay before it changes after you push the lever forward. :eclipsee_
Old 06-09-2006, 07:12 PM   #62
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

If I had a large field to mow (6 hectares) and I was running a Massey Ferguson MF8400 Series tractor, brand new, only mods are exhaust tip and new 60" chromies, with a Jacobsen LF100 Medium Wieght Gang Mower and my mate is in a John Deere 6020 Premium Series, only exhaust and neons, running the same mower as me, who would finish mowing the grass first? Both are manuals and are not running anything off the PTO other than the mower.

I've also done at least 20 burnouts in the Coles carpark so I'm a better driver than him.

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2006, 07:13 PM   #63
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

[QU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
What does GenIII LS1 vs Boss260's technical merits have to do with anything? I'm talking about chassis and suspension advancement and superiority, not mechanical. And FYI, the LS1 is argueably more advanced then the Boss260, being all-aluminium, much lighter, more compact, etc etc. There is no concrete proof that its valve actuation design is inferior to the other, as I am assuming your post hinted to.

And yes, you can keep a car spot on, but also think about it from a normal average joe perspective for a second... a decade+ year old, relatively cheap, V8 car isn't likely to be in the greatest of conditions, especially having gone through more then one owner, younger owners etc etc. Though possible, no denying, common sense leads me to believe that it would more likely then not be ailing.

Its lack of high tech and sophistication in the chassis/suspension areas are going against it moreso then anything. It has a dramatic weight advantage, but that alone doesn't make a faster car.

Look at the current Porsche 911 Turbo (353kW 680Nm, 1589kg) and Corvette Z06 (377kW 657Nm, 1418kg). The Corvette has a power/weight advantage (265.87kW/tonne vs 222.15kW/tonne) and torque/weight advantage (463.32Nm/tonne vs 427.94Nm/tonne) yet in all aspects of acceleration the 911 Turbo is faster. 3.2 sec to 100km/h vs 3.5, 11.4 1/4 mile vs 11.5 (note - the 911's times were done on ice, and I have scans of the Motortrend article for which said testing was done). Why? On paper it should lose, and if what you say about chassis & suspension sophistication being unimportant is true, the Z06 should win, plus the Turbo is AWD, a proven drag racing disadvantage. It wins for the same reason the BA would beat the VP, it is far more capable of making proper use of the power available to it, and putting it to the ground properly then the comparatively stone-age Z06 is. And its the same in the case of a newish Falcon against a decade plus old Commodore.
If it's a 1/4 the VP would win hands down. Track race BA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
Have you got timeslips to backup this claim? I ask because I have a very mild EL 5L that runs 14.8 and at Heathcote I have never had a stock (or near stock) VN/VP 5L get anywhere near it. They are usually mid 15 sec runners at best.
I believe he records his times. I have seen his 0-100 times he's first was a 6.05.
Also seen his VN V6 do a 6.95 to 100.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhysy_boi
my mate has a VR V6 auto and he beat me in a drag in my BA I6 auto, only to 60km/h though as that was the speed limit.

Rhyso
It's been known that the VR V6 was the slowest of all the V6's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
Reason i asked, was just curious how my car would perform if it were still stock. Those figures for the VP are pretty damn good for a factory car.
Back in the day they were good but now a days you can get V8 power from a 6 it's amazing We don't need V8's for power.
I think i seen your car does just on 8 to 100 i think stock?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eed-250
hahahahahahah biggest load of **** ive heard.
Maybe you should see it before you judge it.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:02 PM   #64
EBFalcs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA_Turbs
If I had a large field to mow (6 hectares) and I was running a Massey Ferguson MF8400 Series tractor, brand new, only mods are exhaust tip and new 60" chromies, with a Jacobsen LF100 Medium Wieght Gang Mower and my mate is in a John Deere 6020 Premium Series, only exhaust and neons, running the same mower as me, who would finish mowing the grass first? Both are manuals and are not running anything off the PTO other than the mower.

I've also done at least 20 burnouts in the Coles carpark so I'm a better driver than him.

Thanks!
probably the john deere, it has an exhaust, more top end grunt once its moving,
Old 06-09-2006, 08:23 PM   #65
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
Have you got timeslips to backup this claim? I ask because I have a very mild EL 5L that runs 14.8 and at Heathcote I have never had a stock (or near stock) VN/VP 5L get anywhere near it. They are usually mid 15 sec runners at best.
I don't live near a 1/4 mile track but I have taken my car to the local 1/8 th mile, I couldn't get traction as it was raining off and on and it was very slippery on the traction compound/rubber/water but I still managed 75 mph over the line with a very easy part throttle wheel spinning take off and a 2.5 second 60 foot, the car should/would have been across the 60 foot in 2.1 or worst case 2.2 on some road with more traction.

I don't know what speed your EL was doing at 660 foot but I'll take a guess and say that you ran 14.8 with less than 75mph at 660. I think you will also agree that over the 1/4 mile with traction my VP would run 14.6 or 14.7 which it exactly what it records on a g-tech on the street with 100% traction (14.6 flat), I also have a video of it running 6.05 on the g-tech to 60mph if you are interested
Old 06-09-2006, 08:40 PM   #66
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
I think i seen your car does just on 8 to 100 i think stock?
probably - but that'd be in the 6's now the way it is..

as for not needing v8's... i'll pretend you didn't say that ;p
Old 06-09-2006, 08:46 PM   #67
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
I don't live near a 1/4 mile track but I have taken my car to the local 1/8 th mile, I couldn't get traction as it was raining off and on and it was very slippery on the traction compound/rubber/water but I still managed 75 mph over the line with a very easy part throttle wheel spinning take off and a 2.5 second 60 foot, the car should/would have been across the 60 foot in 2.1 or worst case 2.2 on some road with more traction.

I don't know what speed your EL was doing at 660 foot but I'll take a guess and say that you ran 14.8 with less than 75mph at 660. I think you will also agree that over the 1/4 mile with traction my VP would run 14.6 or 14.7 which it exactly what it records on a g-tech on the street with 100% traction (14.6 flat), I also have a video of it running 6.05 on the g-tech to 60mph if you are interested
I still got that video, On your seconds pass after the 6.05 you seem to get it a touch sideways what time did you get on that pass the video stopped?.
Quote:
probably - but that'd be in the 6's now the way it is..

as for not needing v8's... i'll pretend you didn't say that ;p
Ok i agree i'll ignore my comment to and do this to my self :
I'd love a V8 right now, I have been told to get one in my VP but i think I'll go with what it's got now. Must admit a fast 6 seems more pleasing then a fast 8 because most are always fast, Rare to have a 1-2 sec 6 faster then factory.
So what does your car do down the 1/4 14's?. I'd be happy with a 16 pass
Old 06-09-2006, 08:50 PM   #68
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
I still got that video, On your seconds pass after the 6.05 you seem to get it a touch sideways what time did you get on that pass the video stopped?.

I'd love a V8 right now, I have been told to get one in my VP but i think I'll go with what it's got now. Must admit a fast 6 seems more pleasing then a fast 8 because most are always fast, Rare to have a 1-2 sec 6 faster then factory.
from the people on here who know the car from the previous owner, ive been told it would be good for a high 14.. once ive got the tune done in a month or so (hopefully, pending software release) it should do a 14.5 without too much effort. Won't be happy wil it's into the 13's though. I'll let you know after the next drag day ;p Need the tune to bring the aftermarket cam and internals / bolt-ons / transmission together effectively.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:02 PM   #69
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Who knows, I was unco and didn't have the button pushed :p so it would have been slow because yeah it did go sideways on the second run, normally a few turns of the tyres costs about .2, wild wheelspin bouncing on the limiter action like I had at the track well that costs you at least .4 maybe .6 no matter how well you drive it out of the hole
Old 06-09-2006, 09:14 PM   #70
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

If I had a couple of hours to play with a stock VN or VP V6 before it hit the track and couldn't get it to run a 15 I'd just about have to shoot myself or burn the car or both! same goes for a VN VP 5 liter and high 14's
Old 06-09-2006, 09:32 PM   #71
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

A stock BA 6 does a 16 flat 1/4 give or take a tenth or two.
A VP 5 litre will win PERIOD.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:06 PM   #72
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
from the people on here who know the car from the previous owner, ive been told it would be good for a high 14.. once ive got the tune done in a month or so (hopefully, pending software release) it should do a 14.5 without too much effort. Won't be happy wil it's into the 13's though. I'll let you know after the next drag day ;p Need the tune to bring the aftermarket cam and internals / bolt-ons / transmission together effectively.
When my brother went 5 speed and LSD he got great traction and found it was much better going up to 140 etc, But felt it didn't have the same speeds as before in the real high speeds limiter, But it was a shorter ratio diff, Took them 10 hours to get the ECU to work right with the car after the conversion from Auto to Manual.
Do they make the capa stealth for your car at all?.
Quote:
Who knows, I was unco and didn't have the button pushed :p so it would have been slow because yeah it did go sideways on the second run, normally a few turns of the tyres costs about .2, wild wheelspin bouncing on the limiter action like I had at the track well that costs you at least .4 maybe .6 no matter how well you drive it out of the hole
I was amazed you got to 6.05 with hardly any throttle on take off.
Quote:
If I had a couple of hours to play with a stock VN or VP V6 before it hit the track and couldn't get it to run a 15 I'd just about have to shoot myself or burn the car or both! same goes for a VN VP 5 liter and high 14's
I'm thinking of getting down to watch some street drags to see how it all happens, I know i will have good reaction but i still wont know when yo go and how to go. Never done it before, So i was thinking since my brother lives next to Calder park i might get down and watch some street drags go. Just learn and go from there.
Was even thinking of seeing bluechip get the car on the dyno there very cheap.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:29 PM   #73
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Do they make the capa stealth for your car at all?.
not sure mate, haven't looked too far into it yet..
Old 07-09-2006, 02:14 AM   #74
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I was amazed you got to 6.05 with hardly any throttle on take off.

I'm thinking of getting down to watch some street drags to see how it all happens, I know i will have good reaction but i still wont know when yo go and how to go. Never done it before, So i was thinking since my brother lives next to Calder park i might get down and watch some street drags go. Just learn and go from there.
Was even thinking of seeing bluechip get the car on the dyno there very cheap.
Nah man that was a full throttle launch, My cars got IRS/FE2 in a executive 5 liter (they only made a handfull of them) if you don't stall it up much you can do a full throttle launch without much or any wheelspin most of the time on the street.

Reaction time doesn't affect your time slip but when you're racing someone it's where you win or loose. The timer starts when your wheels break the beams which is after you start moving.

In most street cars, when you see the last yellow start to light up, that's the time to go go go, by the time the car gets moving the green light is on. It would be heaps of fun to go racing in the city, I bet you have much more variety of cars than we get out here in the sticks.

But yeah make sure eveything in the old VN is working well, put 15 liters of fuel in it, new fuel filter (so many of these have done a zillion ks without being changed in VN's), new air filter etc, Shift at about 5200 and see what happens.

If it goes bad and you run 16.0 throw the spare tyre out and go for a 15.9 or get someone lighter to drive the car! (it makes a huge difference being a light driver in a low powered car)
Old 07-09-2006, 02:49 AM   #75
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
not sure mate, haven't looked too far into it yet..
I got onto the phone to capa and herrod a few months back for my brother, He's feeling let down with the performance of the BA from his EF, But as many have said to him that was a rare car, This is a luxury car for easy driving. But he wanted to know what would get it off the mark faster improve performance. It had the police program set but when it went to ford for a serves they reset the ECU and he lost it (Not happy Jan). They might be able to help out they are nice guys but herrod was very good they had a list of bits that could give power and economy i was impressed with them.
Quote:
Nah man that was a full throttle launch, My cars got IRS/FE2 in a executive 5 liter (they only made a handfull of them) if you don't stall it up much you can do a full throttle launch without much or any wheelspin most of the time on the street.

Reaction time doesn't affect your time slip but when you're racing someone it's where you win or loose. The timer starts when your wheels break the beams which is after you start moving.

In most street cars, when you see the last yellow start to light up, that's the time to go go go, by the time the car gets moving the green light is on. It would be heaps of fun to go racing in the city, I bet you have much more variety of cars than we get out here in the sticks.

But yeah make sure eveything in the old VN is working well, put 15 liters of fuel in it, new fuel filter (so many of these have done a zillion ks without being changed in VN's), new air filter etc, Shift at about 5200 and see what happens.

If it goes bad and you run 16.0 throw the spare tyre out and go for a 15.9 or get someone lighter to drive the car! (it makes a huge difference being a light driver in a low powered car)
Yeah them IRS's in the Executive i have only seen one same colour as your VP and myn.
I just done the fuel filter it looked factory standard to. Weight is my biggest fear as I'm not a small guy And i have a 215/15 as a spare. Just removed my subwoofer and box weight is 24kg.
I go sometimes and sit near the freeway and have a look around at all the great cars that pop off the freeway. Be amazed at how many top cars are around and 90% are far from stock. One that got my eye was a BA Fairmont Ghia red with racing strips down the middle with a Quad Exhaust system in a I6. Sounds bloody great to, Even have the old Chev's driving around. Last time i seen the drags was about 10 years ago, Some dude had a crappy old Torana that was only a 6 but it was turbocharged, Ran 13's and beat everything it went against, even a dirt bike. The cops were there that night and only raced what looked stock enough to beat pussy's.
I'll need to find out what the prices are to get in.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:28 AM   #76
5L
[ 5L ]

seriously thought if you want to back holdens up go to a holden forum, this is a ford forum. next we are going to hear slick holden go on about how a 1600 gemini would smoke a 2lt escort.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
Old 07-09-2006, 06:17 AM   #77
aufairy
Starter Motor

14 sec factory quater times in a vn vp lmao my ea s must of done 12,s factory i never had one 5 litre commodore keep up it was a ea s 5speed multi point not cfi sports exhaust it really use to haul *** i had a thread like this on here a few years back it was removed because i talked about speeds i was dragging at anyway my brother in law had a mock vn sv5000 with hypo vn plates on it it was ex interceptor 5L had pacemaker extractors 2.5 exhaust shift kitted auto and that could not catch the ea s until it got to silly speeds he tried on two ocassions and it couldnt do it and before all ya morons start about a ea s manual go take one for a spin before you make a comment
Old 07-09-2006, 06:51 AM   #78
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufairy
14 sec factory quater times in a vn vp lmao my ea s must of done 12,s factory i never had one 5 litre commodore keep up it was a ea s 5speed multi point not cfi sports exhaust it really use to haul *** i had a thread like this on here a few years back it was removed because i talked about speeds i was dragging at anyway my brother in law had a mock vn sv5000 with hypo vn plates on it it was ex interceptor 5L had pacemaker extractors 2.5 exhaust shift kitted auto and that could not catch the ea s until it got to silly speeds he tried on two ocassions and it couldnt do it and before all ya morons start about a ea s manual go take one for a spin before you make a comment
Another candidate for the AFF Award for the Least Amount of Punctuation in any Block of Text.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:35 AM   #79
Boss 290

get over comaparing the 6 with the 8...how bout we compare a ba xr8 against the v8 vp....now that they both have 8 cylindas you will see what a few years of upgrades does to the old vp....i bet the xr8 would win by 2 seconds
Old 07-09-2006, 10:42 AM   #80
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBFalcs
if were going to compare the average joes VP 5L to the average joes BA XT, not factory vs factory, then the VP will kill it because about 70% of them have headers an exhaust CAI, and big leads. which about 5% of BA XT's would have that.

so the average VP on the street would kill the average BA.
And those same 70% with intake & exhaust have also been thrashed to pieces... even with those little mods, they're not making the same amount of power they did when new.

Quote:
If it's a 1/4 the VP would win hands down. Track race BA.
:alien2:

Ok, I'll let you believe that then. Its obvious you either don't understand or haven't payed attention to a word I've said. :
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Old 07-09-2006, 10:52 AM   #81
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufairy
wake up to your self.
A lot of peole on the roads probly think there keeping up or beating my car too.
Its sounds like its screaming at 8000 revs when its doing an easy 4000 on light throttle, young spastics try to race me everywhere I go,I dont even bother.
Those same cars wont even reach the 660' when I cross the traps..
Ill say it again a stock BA does a 16 flat down the 1/4,I have actually done it,a BA XR6 totally stock..
A VP V8 will have to better this... end of story...
As for EA's hahah keep dreamin,theres only one I know thats any good,its black, has a pro stock type engine and a full chassis/4 link...
Old 07-09-2006, 11:00 AM   #82
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
wake up to your self.
A lot of peole on the roads probly think there keeping up or beating my car too.
Its sounds like its screaming at 8000 revs when its doing an easy 4000 on light throttle, young spastics try to race me everywhere I go,I dont even bother.
Those same cars wont even reach the 660' when I cross the traps..
Ill say it again a stock BA does a 16 flat down the 1/4,I have actually done it,a BA XR6 totally stock..
A VP V8 will have to better this... end of story...
As for EA's hahah keep dreamin,theres only one I know thats any good,its black, has a pro stock type engine and a full chassis/4 link...
They're faster then 16 flat. I've seen them do low 15s in person. Also, the XR6 is actually slower down the 1/4 then the XT. Its slightly heavier, and the slightly larger diameter wheels do its no extra power not much good....

:
Old 07-09-2006, 11:04 AM   #83
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb5speed
seriously thought if you want to back holdens up go to a holden forum, this is a ford forum. next we are going to hear slick holden go on about how a 1600 gemini would smoke a 2lt escort.
Don't be such a sook. It just so happens i have had a 1600 Gemini with a very nicely worked engine that embarrassed many family big 6's.
No one needs to be told to go to another forum this is fully on topic still;).
Quote:
And those same 70% with intake & exhaust have also been thrashed to pieces... even with those little mods, they're not making the same amount of power they did when new.

:alien2:

Ok, I'll let you believe that then. Its obvious you either don't understand or haven't payed attention to a word I've said. :
I think it's pretty clear you still haven't seen the true facts from owners. I use my experience from my brothers BA and Greenfoams VP 5lt, What could be more on the mark then that?.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:10 AM   #84
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
I think it's pretty clear you still haven't seen the true facts from owners. I use my experience from my brothers BA and Greenfoams VP 5lt, What could be more on the mark then that?.
You said it yourself, the VP you're talking about is genuinley well maintained. A vast majority won't be, so you're highlighting one scenario, the rarer scenario to come accross, that being a pristine condition old VP. I don't doubt that when new, there's a good chance the VP would have been faster (165kW 385Nm and 1332kg for the VP V8 non SS models), however, most of today's examples aren't going to have their full power outputs anymore, neither would an EB/ED from the same years. Old + thrashed is the general image that comes to mind thinking of an EB/ED or VN/VP V8.

:
Old 07-09-2006, 11:19 AM   #85
nugget378
Weezland

Quote:
They're faster then 16 flat. I've seen them do low 15s in person. Also, the XR6 is actually slower down the 1/4 then the XT. Its slightly heavier, and the slightly larger diameter wheels do its no extra power not much good....
Maybe, but thats not my experience.
And really I dont see an almost one second difference between one car or another,lets not forget there damn heavy, and in my experience with drag racing with my car and my close friends cars,its a fair bit easier to get a quicker time with a lighter car (in street cars)than the power to weight would suggest..
Are there any stockers in the timeslip database??
Old 07-09-2006, 11:24 AM   #86
Steffo
LPG > You

http://www.fordforums.com.au/timesli...page=25&page=9

Found a 15.23 @ 98.6 mph stock BA XT Wagon there.....

:
Old 07-09-2006, 11:25 AM   #87
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
You said it yourself, the VP you're talking about is genuinley well maintained. A vast majority won't be, so you're highlighting one scenario, the rarer scenario to come accross, that being a pristine condition old VP. I don't doubt that when new, there's a good chance the VP would have been faster (165kW 385Nm and 1332kg for the VP V8 non SS models), however, most of today's examples aren't going to have their full power outputs anymore, neither would an EB/ED from the same years. Old + thrashed is the general image that comes to mind thinking of an EB/ED or VN/VP V8.
Actually you would be surprised at how a dirty old VN 5lt still burns up the roads 17 years on. Bloke around the corner has one all this dick head does is do wheelies, It's got a spool so it's very snappy, When cold runs like **** when it's warm it's very fast and snaps it's tail out. He blew the engine not long ago but not before leaving marks out front of my house. Whats funny is the same car now only runs a V6 big step down for him in his ego stakes it doesn't shake it's tail like it did before.
I think maybe anyone that bought these cars 10+ years ago would have keeped them in good nick or as good as they could if they still own them, But yes second hand ones to hoons are killed but the old 5lt was a pretty strong motor, My brothers friend just bought a VN Calais 5lt for $400. Fully burnt out engine bay had a fuel line crack and went up he's rebuilding it body and interior are in great condition minus the everything plastic and all wires burnt with half the engine also and guards bonnet grill radiator.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:27 AM   #88
Voxace
Now with T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by macca_779
I have a VN SS a bit quicker than a VP but fairly similar. And I had a young bloke try and race me in a BA 5.4 Ghia. Needless to say he didn't stand a chance. Weight is the key issue I launched with 1 car length advantage in 20 metres. And kept pulling away from there on. I stoped at 100k's but the hero in the Ghia kept going.
Was it blue? Sounds like a certain AFF member I know on here, from Newy...
Old 07-09-2006, 04:18 PM   #89
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

VP running almost to the top of second gear and resulting time 0-60 mph, it runs a bit more spark advance. Just between you and me that knocks .8 of a second out of the 0-100 time on a 5 liter but I count timing changes as still being stock as the 5 liter was heavily detuned from the factory, it also has a CAI from a VS everything else is 100% stock.

It's done 160,000ks and all filters and sparky bits are new. It even still has the VP cast headers (not the VN/180kw tubes) and stock 2.25 inch exhaust. I had big rims on it here so it wasn't getting out of 1st gear untill about 65-70km/h so you have some idea of how quick it gets to that speed (about 3.6? seconds). Sorry again for corrupting your Ford forums but sometimes brand bias gives you a crooked view on the world and you can't see the truth, the same thing happens on the Commodore forums

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by-sj9jAUGk

P.S I believe a BA 6 will run 15.3-15.5 on the 1/4 but it's still not going to be near a decent 5 liter VN/P
Old 07-09-2006, 04:34 PM   #90
davro_xr6
HRN13 (formerly X-Rated)

Sorry - have to add my 2 cents - I've got a BA XT N/A 6 and I have beaten VP, VR and VS 8's - only mods are the Typhoon CAI and the quickshifter, can't imagine that would make a great load of difference to the overall performance bar being quicker through the gears...

The only thing they had on me was the great V8 rumble, but something I will have to live without for now till I get a better paying job... :(
Upgrades so far... : 2003 BA XT n/a 6 - Lowered 3" - Lovell Lowered Race Springs front & Rear - Pedders Sports Rider Shocks front and Rear - 18" x 8.5" AMG Akuza Mags - Pacemaker Headers - 2.5" Redback exhaust system - High flow cat - cat back - no muffler - Quck shifter kit - Typhoon CAI - custom stereo & boot install - Bonnet decal :
Closed Thread