Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-10-2005, 05:57 PM   #31
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

{safety cam? or revenue scheme cam?}
Usually the latter and it looks good in parliment "we are trying to get the road toll down!" It's also a good way to spend megabucks to help justify the RTA's budget. A few years ago the RTA closed or cut back man hours at checking stations and weighbridges, telling anyone who listen that this would free up more RTA inspectors to drive around the countryside stopping trucks at random to check them out. Not many of us have seen a great increase in this area!

{ gettin in or out of Sydney in peak hour times, is NOT a job for the inexperienced, & one that requires even more concentration then usual}
This why I LOVE my current job. I leave Wagga around midnight, drive to the QLD border (10 1/2hrs) and get out. Somebody else gets the city at both ends and I get to drive for 10hrs with only 5 sets of traffic lights! heaven... now if only we can do something about caravans

{why not alleviate this by removing certain vehicles from the mix at certain times??? - would stagger certain work responsibilities & lighten the load on parts of an already overstressed infrastructure system}
Will never happen. Arrival time in Syd depends on departure time from, say, Brisvegas. The product has to be there when there are people working ie:after 0700. If more places went 24hrs this would make life MUCH easier for the transport industry.
Syd markets are a good example. If you get out of your departure point early enough the Markets open at 9.30pm, brilliant, unload and sleep all night. Unfortunately people like Woolworths, Coles etc give transport companies timeslots which can be anytime in a 24hr period. If you miss the time slot too bad you wait, in real life even if you are on time you still have to wait as the people handing out the times dont work in the unloading area