Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 30-08-2005, 08:37 AM   #31
LTDHO
The one and only

Good points raised Bindi.

I'd like to state, that I'm not into 'doof doof' or cruising with the windows open down the local street.

I like quality. This is why my audio is set up SQ not SPL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
...To run them efficiently you need an amp, if you run an amp you might as well run a sub...
Depending on the head unit and the type of 6x9 purchased, they don't need an amplifier.
So you think it's fone to run a 300w max 6x9 of a 45w max HU?
Quote:
Quote:
If you run 6x9's of the HU they draw more power than the Hu can usually supply and this causes distorsion and you loose clarity
WTF??
Mate try it. Run the HU at 90% and listen to the front stage, then connect the 6x9's, sure the rear fill will increase but the fronts will drop. The obsorb alot of power.

What people forget is that the rear speakers are for rear staging only, not to dominate over the fronts. When was the last time you went to see a band and you kept your back to them?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 08:58 AM   #32
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
What people forget is that the rear speakers are for rear staging only, not to dominate over the fronts. When was the last time you went to see a band and you kept your back to them?
Yeah but it's nicer to have the sound SURROUNDING you, hence home theatre's popularity. I like live music when there are also speakers to the back.

I personally prefer more sound coming from behind me as I feel less assaulted. The fronts to me are mainly giving me my tweeter, the back gives me the mid and bass

People prefer different sound qualities and what may be right for you or me may not be right for someone else.

Maybe it's also because I find the front sound a bit distracting... the front is my driving space and I feel it keeps me more focussed to have the sound coming from the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 09:55 AM   #33
pepsimax

can i come live with you bindi..i think i love you..100% agree with ya babe,,keep the good work going..
Old 30-08-2005, 10:39 AM   #34
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Well said Bindi. Personally I don't want a sub or an amp - I don't have the music up all that loud and would prefer to still be able to hear the engine as well as any important sounds from outside the car.

I'm still trying to decide if I should add a pair of 6" speakers or a pair of 6x9s to the rear parcel shelf. The 6"s will bolt straight in (all I'll have to do is cut the plastic covering the parcel shelf), whereas I'll have to get some spacers for the 6x9s.

I'm sick of people saying "get a sub" - I don't want one, simple as that, and if I didn't have the 6x9s and the 6" speakers already, I wouldn't be considering adding them - that is how low on my list of priorities car audio actually is, not to mention I don't have much money and would rather spend it on more important things, like petrol.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 11:42 AM   #35
LTDHO
The one and only

Thumbs up

Apologies guys.

All my responses were based on SQ and stage setting.

I forgot about the max Bass and Treble music listeners. Back im my old XE I did that, it was a wagon so I had alot of air to fill with misic and no where to put a sub.
But then I sat in car which had a set up system and 'Oh my god' the difference was amazing. I put a heap of research into it and found that the major drawback was the 6x9's and that was even after I had amped them!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 30-08-2005, 07:00 PM   #36
BoZZa17
Lovin the Manual.

plus some of us dont have the luxury of 6" holes up the front
i bought some good hertz 4"ers 4 the front (eb1)

but still need my rear 6x9's to get some decent sound.
BoZZa17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 09:07 PM   #37
Panda
XR6 and XR8 Club of QLD

Quote:
So you think it's fone to run a 300w max 6x9 of a 45w max HU?
No, I have already clarified that when I stated -
Quote:
Depending on the head unit and the type of 6x9 purchased, they don't need an amplifier.
Quote:
Mate try it. Run the HU at 90% and listen to the front stage, then connect the 6x9's, sure the rear fill will increase but the fronts will drop. The obsorb alot of power.
Yes, you are absolutely correct. When running only 2 speakers they will receive all of the HU's output. (i.e. 2x180 Watts) When the other 2 speakers are connected the output of the HU is split between more speakers, and each of them receives less power (i.e. 4x45 Watts) If you run the same test but start with the 6x9's, you will notice the same phenomenon.

Panda
Old 30-08-2005, 09:35 PM   #38
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
No, I have already clarified that when I stated
So you have a 300 Watt max HU??
Quote:
Yes, you are absolutely correct. When running only 2 speakers they will receive all of the HU's output. (i.e. 2x180 Watts) When the other 2 speakers are connected the output of the HU is split between more speakers, and each of them receives less power (i.e. 4x45 Watts) If you run the same test but start with the 6x9's, you will notice the same phenomenon.

Panda
Ha ha ha, ya not serious? Are you?

4x45 is also 2x45 if only 2 are used! HU's are not bridgable.

Last edited by LTDHO; 30-08-2005 at 09:52 PM.
Old 30-08-2005, 09:44 PM   #39
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsimax
can i come live with you bindi..i think i love you..100% agree with ya babe,,keep the good work going..
Anytime you're in town, come visit me! : :nutsycuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post