Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-09-2006, 11:39 PM   #31
AU-MUSTD
Flat floor shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David See
I still reckon it is going to better built than our Territories.

And, if it is indeed a direct competitor to the Escape, then it will eat it.

I owned an Escape and it was crap. Like my Territory, clunks and rattles all over the place. $43k worth of crap in fact (XLT LTD).

I reckon the Captiva will do ok, but I wouldn't trade my T in on one.

Exactly, most people bag out korean built cars but the territory has to be one of the poorest built cars out there. Great concept and well designed on paper but poorly built and engineered. The captiva looks good from most angles but the rear is crap. It will sell though and with more features than a territory i believe will out sell it fairly easily.
AU-MUSTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 12:38 AM   #32
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU-MUSTD
Exactly, most people bag out korean built cars but the territory has to be one of the poorest built cars out there.
What's your scientific evidence for that? After 2 trouble-free years our Territory is shaping up to be one of the best built vehicles I've had and certainly better than our previous two Holden products (one local, one imported - the imported one was the worst). Several neighbours with Territories have also had no problems.
new2ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 05:08 AM   #33
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Althougth I would personally still go a Territory Turbo, the Captiva looks ok to me. Actually has a lot of features. Question is considering alot of Territory buyers are not your tipical 'Ford Loving' folk, will they care that the Captiva is Korean? Holden will push that the motor was built right here in Australia.
Looks good. I just seen a turbo Territory and the kid in it was giving it some stick. Changing lanes fast and belting it off the lights lifting the front up a good 5" sound great he even dragged a Y series HSV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilan
me thinks it will suffer the same fare as the Holden Cruze or whateva that monstrosity was : As we like to say Holden means a great deal to Korea (of course considering they own the company) :
Holden designed the Cruze not many knew that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU-MUSTD
Exactly, most people bag out korean built cars but the territory has to be one of the poorest built cars out there. Great concept and well designed on paper but poorly built and engineered. The captiva looks good from most angles but the rear is crap. It will sell though and with more features than a territory i believe will out sell it fairly easily.
I don't think it's that bad it's a good car i really liked driving it, Yes there was some niggles but differently not crap, Some little vibrations here and there but ran like a dream over 1500km.
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford
What's your scientific evidence for that? After 2 trouble-free years our Territory is shaping up to be one of the best built vehicles I've had and certainly better than our previous two Holden products (one local, one imported - the imported one was the worst). Several neighbours with Territories have also had no problems.
Your just lucky
Old 10-09-2006, 06:32 AM   #34
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford
Thats three or four of us then. 04 model. not one problem worth noting
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 11:12 AM   #35
David See
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, mine, like a lot of others here (obviously) have built-in fore and aft rattles all over the shop. And clunks and squeaks.

If these didn't exist then perhaps I might have actually FELT like I was driving a new car.

However, I love the Territory. It suits my business and family needs perfectly. But it is not well made by any shake of the stick. Not for this day and age.

Perfectly practical? Yes!

Looks great? Absolutely!

Well built with a quality feel? Not a chance.
David See is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post