Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-04-2006, 10:36 PM   #31
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmk2
It's not hard to break the speed limit If you drive a car that has b@ll's!! I wont race off the lights in an 60 zone. : :sm_headba
Its not hard to break the speed limit in any car. But they are still limits. Of course im not going to sit here and pretend nobody here speeds the normal amount though.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 01:00 PM   #32
XAGSV8
Member 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by XITED_6
ive sorted out how to get around these fines anyway...
STOP looking at getting around these fines. You did it so take some responsibility for your own actions and just pay them and cop the points. If it means losing your license then the time off the road may do you some good.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 01:05 PM   #33
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Getting around fines is a poor attitude, speeding is dangerous plain and simple, it has been proven, you kill someone or injure them when you are speeding, you will more then likely go to jail, wise up and obey the rules.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 01:10 PM   #34
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I didnt post this up looking for sympathy guys...
I shouldnt be speeding in the first place & if so i deal with the consequences right...
i shouldnt have a license to be honest ive been lucky for a long time...
i suppose i need to follow the speed limits or deal with it & thats it
ive sorted out how to get around these fines anyway...

I am curious as in 3 sentences you state you are wrong blah blah, then you end this by saying you know how to get around it!!

Ok so how have you sorted out to get around the fines?
:
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 01:31 PM   #35
sven

hmm well you just gotta keep your eyes open for cameras if your silly enough to do those speeds. i got a 51 in a 50 zone (clocked at 54) and that ed me off but 121 in a 100 ?!?!
Old 01-05-2006, 01:45 PM   #36
XITED_6
Was It Something I Said!

so your all telling me use are perfect drivers who never speed ???
comon? we dont live in the perfect world.
we all every now and then go over the limit its just a matter of getting caught or not
if i have figured out a way to get around these fines that my own business
paying these fines arent punishment in my books its not going to stop me from speeding or any1 else now is it?
doesnt sound morally correct i know but thats the reality of it.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:05 PM   #37
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
we all every now and then go over the limit its just a matter of getting caught or not
paying these fines arent punishment in my books its not going to stop me from speeding or any1 else now is it?
No I haven't said that, and I am sure others haven't but then we aren't the ones trying to get around paying for the fines or whinging about getting them in the first place... Are we?

Whatever, I was only asking about how.. I always thought you either paid the fine or went to court and whinged (generally lose & then have to pay costs on top) or not pay, have your licence suspended till paid etc.
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 02:09 PM   #38
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:

I dont think I have as much bull form anyone else on these forums, you Sir are a Fewl!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 02:35 PM   #39
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:

Mate, put the shovel down, the hole you're diggin is already deep enough.........

The reality is a few hundred bucks donated to the Gov coffers does deter most motorists, but more to the point the REALITY is that loss of licence would seriously F### most. No licence, no job, ............ no food shortly followed by me fending the bank off at the front door.

The fact you appear to gloat at being able to avoid losing your ticket makes me really annoyed. Just because you can scam your way clear of WALKING this time, don't be thinking you won't come unstuck.

And no I'm not a speedo nancy, I travel where I can at speeds appropriate to the prevailing conditions. And when I overtake I spend as little time as possible on the wrong side of the road. = more than velocity than the posted limit.

When I get caught, I cop it, pay the fine (which makes my blood boil) and lose the points. And I slow down. Does this make me safer....... I do not believe so..... but the reality is its the f###ing law and I can't lose my licence. So I modify my behaviour.

You need to get the reality check and act like a grown up.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 02:58 PM   #40
parawolf
beep beep

I was going to say something, and then i read this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
You need to get the reality check and act like a grown up.
Enough said...
Old 01-05-2006, 03:07 PM   #41
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People in glass houses...
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 03:10 PM   #42
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEL
The 7k over in a 70 zone is a questionable one as I don't belive Victoria should be able to enforce the 3k over rule when ADR's state that a speedo only needs to be within 10% of your actual speed. But the 21k over in a 100 zone, mate we all know that we occasionally speed but 21 over and then complaining about it? No one made you do that speed. Just pay it and get on with life.
In Vic they drop 3km/h off the caught speed, so when he got a fine for doing 77km/h he would have been actually going 80km/h and most speedos under state the speed by about 4-5km/h, so to him, hes speedo would of been reading about 85km/h in the 70 zone, no excuses, do the crime, do the time.

Also i wouldnt be talking about "nominating" a driver on the net, as forging a stat dec is highly illegal
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post