Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-08-2016, 11:07 PM   #61
barrys123
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Youi refuses to pay claim after guy picks up a "girl" & she steals the car while he went to the ATM

This is a quote I got from Real Insurance For agreed value of $10,640 on a 2006 BF RTV, don't know what their like but it's cheap. one is for unlimited and one for less then 10,000k's per year, both with excess free windscreen cover.

Date: 17-Aug-16 5:52:07 PM
To: bsm80745@iinet.net.au
Subject: Thank you for quoting with Real Insurance

Your Comprehensive Car Insurance Quote
BUY ONLINE FOR THE BEST DEAL
Cover Starts 08/09/2016
Quote 179957952 Car 2006 FORD FALCON RTV BF
UTILITY
4 SP AUTO SEQ SPORTS 6 MULTI POINT F/INJ
Need help?
Call us on 13 19 48

Comprehensive
$41.69 per month
incl. of GST

Buy now
Cover Comprehensive
Extra Excess-free windscreen cover

Kilometres Unlimited
Agreed value $10,640
Basic excess $500
Payment Monthly

Pay as you drive
$35.82 per month
incl. of GST

Buy now
Cover Comprehensive
Extra Excess-free windscreen cover

Annual Kilometres 10000km
Agreed value $10,640
Basic excess $500
Payment Monthly

Note: This quote is an indication of what you can expect to pay if you retrieve your quote.
Why Real?

© Real Insurance, trading name of The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd AFSL 241436 and Greenstone Financial Services Pty Ltd AFSL 343079

Privacy Policy | Collection Notice | Terms and Conditions
This quote is indicative only and the premium offered is not guaranteed. This quote can be retrieved for 30 days after it has been generated.
barrys123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2016, 11:11 PM   #62
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Youi refuses to pay claim after guy picks up a "girl" & she steals the car while he went to the ATM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrys123 View Post
This is a quote I got from Real Insurance For agreed value of $10,640 on a 2006 BF RTV, don't know what their like but it's cheap. one is for unlimited and one for less then 10,000k's per year, both with excess free windscreen cover.
And this has what to do with the OP ?
Old 28-08-2016, 11:22 PM   #63
barrys123
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
And this has what to do with the OP ?
Couldn't care less about the OP he got shafted only he was on the wrong end, this was in response to a couple of post that mentioned to stay away from cheap quotes, he should have stayed away from cheap pros.
Old 28-08-2016, 11:25 PM   #64
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrys123 View Post
Couldn't care less about the OP he got shafted only he was on the wrong end, this was in response to a couple of post that mentioned to stay away from cheap quotes, he should have stayed away from cheap pros.
Perhaps you should care more about staying on topic.
Old 28-08-2016, 11:51 PM   #65
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

A bit more to add to the articles already posted

Quote:
Calls for Senate inquiry after Youi accused of fraud and theft

Neelima Choahan

Claims that Youi may have defrauded thousands of Australians have prompted calls for a Senate inquiry into the insurance giant.

Five whistleblowers revealed the allegations in a Fairfax Media exclusive on Sunday.

Senator Nick Xenophon: ''If these allegations are true, they are incredibly serious.''

Independent senator Nick Xenophon said he would consider moving for a Senate inquiry into the claims.

The whistleblowers detailed how the company, which is one of the country's fastest-growing insurers, is allegedly fleecing potential customers by billing them for policies they never signed for.

They said customers were having claims rejected due to a cult-like corporate culture that drove staff to falsify insurance documents to make sales.

A Youi spokesman has called the allegations "vexatious, lacking substantiation and without foundation", and said the company was committed to "conducting business with the highest standards of personal and corporate integrity".

The spokesman pointed to feedback on Youi's website which he said indicated a 92 per cent satisfaction rate.

Senator Xenophon said he wanted former and current employees of the company to be able to give evidence under parliamentary privilege.

"If these allegations are true, they are incredibly serious," he said.

"I will also be raising issues with the Insurance Council of Australia, the peak body.

"If we don't get satisfactory answers in the coming days, it may need to trigger a Senate inquiry."

Senator Xenophon also said the claims must be investigated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.

Nationals senator John Williamson, who has been crusading against financial fraud, said he would launch an inquiry in the coming week into the life insurance industry.

"But perhaps the Senate needs to probe the general insurance sector as well," he said.

ASIC spokesman Gervase Greene said the body was looking into the matter.

It would not be appropriate at this stage to foreshadow where those inquiries might lead, he said.

Federal opposition financial services spokeswoman Katy Gallagher said there was a need for a royal commission into the financial services sector.

"These allegations, if true, are very concerning and are just more evidence of why we need a royal commission into the banking and financial services sector in Australia," Ms Gallagher said.

"Australians are fed up with being ripped off by some players in the sector and getting the raw end of the deal."

Consumer Action Law Centre chief executive Gerard Brody said if people had any doubts they should be able to complain directly to the insurer, or take their concerns to the Financial Ombudsman service.

"I think ASIC should be looking into it very closely and investigating it and even taking action, if it is found that this company is systemically misleading people," Mr Brody said.

He said any customers who wanted to dispute their case, should ask their insurance company for a copy of the tape recording made at the time they bought their policy.

Signing people up by getting their credit card details without actual consent to purchase the product could be a "good case" of unconscionable conduct, prohibited under the ASIC Act, he said.

"It is certainly a good case study to show why commission selling in financial services should be banned."

On Sunday, Youi's social media page was flooded with concerned consumers as well those recounting their own stories.

The company was contacted for further comment on Sunday.

With Liam Mannix

Do you know more? Have you had problems with Youi? Email the journalist: liam.mannix@fairfaxmedia.com.au

http://www.smh.com.au/business/banki...28-gr33jj.html
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-08-2016, 12:24 AM   #66
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Iv worked in insurance claims and this is a joke. If the guy does follow it through I would hope the ombudsman would over turn the refusal of claim.

The guy messed up and acted stupid and got his car stolen. No one deserves to have their car stolen.

Insuramce is there for stupidity, not giving way, running into the back of somone and hitting poles. Everything you do that results I a claim is stupidity, just some are bigger than others.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-08-2016, 01:03 AM   #67
barrys123
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
I think Sorted's post was to point out the hilarity of the situation and the replies, and not to have a shot at Youi

Read the whole thread, much lols
I think the whole thread ended up knocking Youi and cheap Insurance companies.
Old 29-08-2016, 09:39 AM   #68
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi, this is Tom and he's 23, single, and uses his car to pick up hookers.

At Youi, we get to know you!
Old 29-08-2016, 10:13 AM   #69
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBourne View Post
Hi, this is Tom and he's 23, single, and uses his car to pick up hookers.

At Youi, we get to know you!
I'm picturing a crowd funded Youi "advertisment"...

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-08-2016, 10:04 PM   #70
uniacidz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting

Youi in the spotlight

Youi customers share their worst horro stories

Horror stories about alleged Youi scams and frauds have flooded in after Fairfax revealed allegations of wide scale illegal conduct at the major insurer.

Since the story was published on Sunday, August 28, Fairfax has been contacted by more than 140 Youi customers claiming the company took their money without authorisation, or signed them up for fraudulent policies.

Click on link below to continue
http://www.smh.com.au/business/banki...29-gr3ip1.html
VX SS (R.I.P)
VE Berlina
uniacidz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2016, 08:56 AM   #71
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Could not pay me enough to go to Youi, each time I would go online to get a quote I was harassed three times afterward asking when are you signing up? We can do this. By the time the third call happened in no uncertain terms they were told to eff off. There isn't any other meaning for no and that's what I said twice before. Now when I search for insurance they don't factor in.

As for the poor sap in the Whirlpool thread, that's just really naive, one of those stories you can't make up.
Old 30-08-2016, 10:30 AM   #72
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a bike insured with YOUI for a year as the quote was very cheap.
Following year I received a renewal from them that was more expensive so i was going to take out cover with another insurer which I did, then just let the YOUI lapse without renewal.

Well they billed me for the renewal without my consent so I called up to cancel and was given a whole lot of BS about why I couldn't, So i just hung up and called my bank to have the charges reversed. YOUI eventually called back a week later apologising (in a rude tone) and returned my money.
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2016, 11:04 AM   #73
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
I had a bike insured with YOUI for a year as the quote was very cheap.
Following year I received a renewal from them that was more expensive so i was going to take out cover with another insurer which I did, then just let the YOUI lapse without renewal.

Well they billed me for the renewal without my consent so I called up to cancel and was given a whole lot of BS about why I couldn't, So i just hung up and called my bank to have the charges reversed. YOUI eventually called back a week later apologising (in a rude tone) and returned my money.
Budget Direct does the same.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2016, 11:26 AM   #74
stig_3754

I'm pretty sure AAMI and a lot of the bigger companies do this too. If you don't say anything, they assume that you're renewing and bill you for the renewal.
stig_3754 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2016, 11:55 AM   #75
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

I guess you could say she pimped his ride?
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-08-2016, 02:11 PM   #76
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Went to the ATM to pay her..
Old 30-08-2016, 03:58 PM   #77
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/busi...29-gr3ip1.html
Customers share their worse horror stories about YOUI.
Old 30-08-2016, 04:31 PM   #78
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/busi...29-gr3ip1.html
Customers share their worse horror stories about YOUI.
See post 70.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:25 PM   #79
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Youi fined $100,000 in New Zealand for misleading customers
Quote:
The New Zealand fine comes after allegations Youi's Australian arm had billed some customers without consent, revealed by Fairfax Media in August.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Youi accepted and agreed with the NZ fine and offered a public apology. The insurer said it had conducted a company-wide audit and refunded affected customers.
http://www.theage.com.au/national/yo...04-gru9a1.html
Old 04-10-2016, 07:35 PM   #80
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why do motorists continue with dodgy insurance companies that are well known for avoiding claims?
sprintman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2016, 09:14 PM   #81
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LMAO Read the whole thread

I can't believe people are this stupid, then expects an insurance payout.

It really makes me wonder how he gets by day to day, how does that guy dress himself and feed himself on a daily basis

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2016, 09:38 PM   #82
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
LMAO Read the whole thread

I can't believe people are this stupid, then expects an insurance payout.

It really makes me wonder how he gets by day to day, how does that guy dress himself and feed himself on a daily basis
I think he wears a bib for all the drool...

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post