Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 23-08-2016, 03:31 PM   #1
Rocksprint
Starter Motor

Default No cruise.

Hi all. Does anyone know the costs of replacing clock spring in lw tread? Ford are saying that's why cruise isn't working!!!
I've done a few navaras at work and would maybe do this. Ford wanted like $650!!!!
Any help would be great.
Mick.
Rocksprint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2016, 05:32 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: No cruise.

There are two clock springs pending on if you have or do not have lane keeping aid.

This part numbers is for Focus' built from 3/1/2011 to 21/7/2015.

With: BM5T 14A664 CD and is around $150 for part only.

Without: BV6T 14A664 AF and is around $260 for part only.

There is also another listing for 18/6/2012 to 21/7/2015 build listed for XR5 Turbo, but I think it is meat for ST as we did not get the XR5 name in Australia. Its part number is BV6T 14A664 BB and is worth around $305 for part only.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-08-2016, 05:59 PM   #3
Rocksprint
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
There are two clock springs pending on if you have or do not have lane keeping aid.

This part numbers is for Focus' built from 3/1/2011 to 21/7/2015.

With: BM5T 14A664 CD and is around $150 for part only.

Without: BV6T 14A664 AF and is around $260 for part only.

There is also another listing for 18/6/2012 to 21/7/2015 build listed for XR5 Turbo, but I think it is meat for ST as we did not get the XR5 name in Australia. Its part number is BV6T 14A664 BB and is worth around $305 for part only.
It's 2011 lw tread no lane assist etc.
I rang parts and yeah $285 for part. Do you know how hard to remove steering wheel components?
Tia.
Old 23-08-2016, 07:55 PM   #4
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksprint View Post
It's 2011 lw tread no lane assist etc.
I rang parts and yeah $285 for part. Do you know how hard to remove steering wheel components?
Tia.
No not too hard, little bit fiddly and make sure the vehicle is powered down..

Getting the air bag off is a bit tricky from behind once you take the shrouds off, then the wheel comes off and then the air bag is just bolts torqued to 48 Nm.. refit everything in reverse order.

GT
This user likes this post:
Old 23-08-2016, 09:47 PM   #5
Rocksprint
Starter Motor

Ok cool thanks for that mate. It's in for transmission ATM funny the cruise button prob happened from last trans update thou?
I'll put it off for awhile I think till Xmas when when need it more and I'll do it myself. Thankyou for you help. Might pm you of I get stuck
Regards michael.
Old 23-08-2016, 11:44 PM   #6
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ok cool thanks for that mate. It's in for transmission ATM funny the cruise button prob happened from last trans update thou?
I'll put it off for awhile I think till Xmas when when need it more and I'll do it myself. Thankyou for you help. Might pm you of I get stuck
Regards michael.
Not a problem, yeh PM me and will help if I can. Funny you got me thinking now you mention that it only happened since the last trans update. If that's the case then if your transmission is getting worked on now, guessing its having a clutch replacement? then it will need to have another calibration update when the new clutch is replaced. I don't see how the TCM cal would wipe out cruise, does the audio buttons work? If its in at the dealer ask them to check the central car configuration CCC data and make sure the cruise function is enabled. Wild guess as TCM calibration has nothing to do with CCC.

Cheers,
GT
Old 24-08-2016, 07:47 AM   #7
Rocksprint
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Not a problem, yeh PM me and will help if I can. Funny you got me thinking now you mention that it only happened since the last trans update. If that's the case then if your transmission is getting worked on now, guessing its having a clutch replacement? then it will need to have another calibration update when the new clutch is replaced. I don't see how the TCM cal would wipe out cruise, does the audio buttons work? If its in at the dealer ask them to check the central car configuration CCC data and make sure the cruise function is enabled. Wild guess as TCM calibration has nothing to do with CCC.

Cheers,
GT
Yeah it is getting transmission number three!!!!
All other buttons work on steering wheel just cruise doesn't turn on. I'm sure that the dealer would of checked ccc????
Have my doughts thou there abit rude bout it. I'll give they call today to say don't change part but what about checking ccc
I was told by mate that they should be talking with ford Au in regards to trans to.... This cars really making wife upset
Old 24-08-2016, 06:29 PM   #8
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cruise will not work if the power to the brake light switch is out like a blown fuse or they did not reconnect a wiring plug properly, check you have brake lights
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2016, 06:32 PM   #9
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marg99 View Post
cruise will not work if the power to the brake light switch is out like a blown fuse or they did not reconnect a wiring plug properly, check you have brake lights
Yes, sometimes the basics get missed!!
Old 25-08-2016, 12:23 AM   #10
Rocksprint
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by marg99 View Post

Yeah I know bout that and funny enough we had brake light out other day! But it tells a warning on dash. And cruise still didn't work before or after.
I'll wait till we get car back and do my own checks lol
Old 25-08-2016, 07:52 PM   #11
Rocksprint
Starter Motor

So..... Wife picks car up gets 5mins down rd and is worse than before! Wouldn't run shaking etc. So she God back and they rd test it and then say ok will look at it another swap of baby seat into diff loan car!!! They ring up saying fixed it was engine mount that failed! Hello didn't you have that out with trans???
But the best part she gets it back and low and behold the cruise button works!!!!!!!
I'm going to ring tomoz and ask why the hell they wanted to replace clock spring?
So I geuss it had to do with computer reset etc.
Thanks guys.
Old 25-08-2016, 08:02 PM   #12
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So..... Wife picks car up gets 5mins down rd and is worse than before! Wouldn't run shaking etc. So she God back and they rd test it and then say ok will look at it another swap of baby seat into diff loan car!!! They ring up saying fixed it was engine mount that failed! Hello didn't you have that out with trans???
But the best part she gets it back and low and behold the cruise button works!!!!!!!
I'm going to ring tomoz and ask why the hell they wanted to replace clock spring?
So I geuss it had to do with computer reset etc.
Thanks guys.
The engine mount stays on the car and connected to the engine. What can happen is if lazy dealers do not support the engine with a special tool that holds the engine from underneath whilst the transmission was out, the engine hangs there and puts too much pressure on the engine mount and stretches it out of form or even cracks it. The result is a non absorbing mount and thus a vibration is created. I would put money on that being the cause of the vibration which they should have noticed on a road test as it was not there before the repair.

The other cause of a vibration is if the new clutch was not torqued up in a special sequence and torque value. have seen this many a time...