Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-05-2016, 09:14 PM   #61
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 
Default Re: FGX XR8 buying advice - have I left it too late?

Enjoy. Took mine out for a spin today too - it really is a mental car.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2016, 11:26 PM   #62
bigwil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Went to Knox Ford today with my sister who wanted to test drive a mustang, anyway the salesman took us to the holding yard out back to show her a few different colours and there were two xr8 sprints, beautiful cars so I asked him if they are already sold and he said he knows of one that's still available, so there still out there, anyway my sister ended up ordering a white mustang due next Christmas
bigwil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2016, 10:04 AM   #63
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&Ms View Post
So my brand new '16 build XR8 got delivered on Wednesday, and a couple of hundred kays later, wow!
Absolutely zero regret in moving on from my 09 GT. <snip> As a daily driver, I'm over the moon with my XR8!
Great story, M&Ms and can identify - i'd go the Winter White, if I had the courage to 'do it' (have an '09 GT, as per my signature). It's a tough call, as i'm full-on hooked on the FG look and keep trying to get excited over the FG-X variation - which is still bloody beautiful.
Was in Power Ford on Friday and saw that they have a Smoke auto XR8, but like Sinclair Ford (Emperor auto) they want about $62k.......mine's probably worth $30k? It's leased until end of March next year, so may end up either keeping it or getting the sleeper RSpec you have enticingly described :-)
Enjoy!

Jaguar XJ-S: Eaton S/C, I/Cooler, Haltech, DB7 rims, 1:15 Wakefield.

Jaguar XJ6 Wife's daily :2006 Quartz Metallic, FORD Duratec 3.0 V6, ZF 6sp

Previous relationships: FG GT, FG XR8 (+BA XT 5.4, BA AU, EF, EB, EA, EA & XF work cars)
Jags XJ12 & XJ6, BMW E39 Wagon, BMW F11 M-Sport wagon, 20 of GMH FC-HQ

Last edited by Bonn; 22-05-2016 at 10:05 AM. Reason: can't spell 'Smoke'
Bonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2016, 02:53 PM   #64
383hq
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For anyone else interested there are two XR8's and one mustang at Mount gambier ford

Stopped in for a look - For the XR8's advertised price on the window is just over $60K drive away, choice of black or dark grey.

Curious to know how many kilometres the rear Dunlop SP's last for......
383hq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2016, 05:53 PM   #65
bigwil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 383hq View Post
For anyone else interested there are two XR8's and one mustang at Mount gambier ford

Stopped in for a look - For the XR8's advertised price on the window is just over $60K drive away, choice of black or dark grey.

Curious to know how many kilometres the rear Dunlop SP's last for......
Do you know how much the mustang is and is it an eight or four?
bigwil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2016, 06:48 PM   #66
jgs393

With a waiting time of over a year for the V8 I'd say it was definitely an ecoboost.
jgs393 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2016, 06:52 PM   #67
383hq
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwil View Post
Do you know how much the mustang is and is it an eight or four?
No and No, (but I don't recall seeing a GT badge)
you would have to do it the old fashioned way and ring them, Sorry
383hq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2016, 05:02 PM   #68
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

There was a manual one being sold privately on here i think with a mere 2500 kays i think and it for sale for a lot longer than i thought, looks like it ended up selling for mid $40k's. What a bargain if true.
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2016, 12:52 AM   #69
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

It's never too late until there's no more left.

Just traded my 2015 XR6 (@2500Ks) with option pack for the 2016 XR8 (Both winter white autos). To be honest, I was quite pleased with myself for buying the new XR6 back in March this year because I only paid $31k for it and enjoyed that new car leather smell so much each time I drove it.

Then I took an XR8 for a test drive and realised that I was missing the blower and a couple of cylinders!

Got $30K trade in for the XR6 and paid an extra $22.5K changeover including the on-roads.

Good deals are still around - don't wait too long or you could be sorry!
X-AHH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2016, 07:01 AM   #70
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Notice McGrath Ford in Belconnen(A.C.T) have what looks like an XR8 in smoke sitting at the back of the new car lot.Been there for a few weeks at least.