Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-07-2014, 06:14 PM   #31
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: GT-F for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaterj View Post
That's a bargain at that price compared to that low mileage R Spec still for sale on carsales for $125K.
R SPEC are rarer. Only 375 made.
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2014, 06:28 PM   #32
hootar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blem View Post
R SPEC are rarer. Only 375 made.
Haha. But not a rare as an Octane or Black GTF or the final Pursuit ute in any colour. Man they are rarer then rockin horse poo at the moment.
hootar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2014, 07:49 PM   #33
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boza View Post
Don't know if this is a repost but just saw gt-f number 1 for sale on AMS for a pricely sum would yu buy it for waht they'e asking here's the link.
http://australianmusclecarsales.com.au/muscle/189759
what a doush-bag
Hope he gets stuck with it
This user likes this post:
Old 05-07-2014, 10:02 PM   #34
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Dealers insist that all Falcon GT-Fs are being sold at the recommended retail price, of $77,990 plus on-road costs. "We're not allowed to charge over-the-odds for them, but they are all going out at full price," said one Ford dealer. "There is not a dollar coming off these cars because someone else will snap it up."
http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news...t#.U7faEUCyfU4

Actually, don't know why I put the confused emoticon. Lots of **** I know I am not allowed to do - but I do it anyway.

I miss the days when there were lots of chicks I wasn't allowed to do - but I ...
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2014, 10:27 PM   #35
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Its no different to anybody trying to make money,people on this forum try and rape others on the price of nos te50 and xw/xy gt parts when they never had any intention of putting them on a car and only bought them to resell at high profit,i collect air jordans and miss out sometimes because people buy up big just to resell and rip people off,its no different and you have to live with it,its a dog eat dog world and if you want to have a cry about it get your kleenex and go sit in the corner...dont hate the player hate the game!
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2014, 10:34 PM   #36
BHDOGS
Banned

people are ********* they try to take advantage of other people its human nature the worlds full of them all you can hope is the car runs over him
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2014, 10:42 PM   #37
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Win win for both parties, 112G isn't bad at all I reckon. Obviously bought as an investment and will pay off nicely. If I really wanted one and had the cash I'd be happy with 112G given the 140G some are asking. Good luck to em' I say.
chrisandsharon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2014, 11:42 PM   #38
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisandsharon View Post
Win win for both parties, 112G isn't bad at all I reckon. Obviously bought as an investment and will pay off nicely. If I really wanted one and had the cash I'd be happy with 112G given the 140G some are asking. Good luck to em' I say.
If I were one of the 'speculators' and was happy to take $112k I would put up an add for $115k ono, and would also put up another add for $140k+. Makes the first (legit) add look like a bargain. Hell, make the second add for $250k and you would have even more of a bargain.

Still curious as to how "not allowed" dealers were not allowed to charge over RRP as per earlier article.
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2014, 08:36 AM   #39
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hopefully this thread is still here in 2050
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2014, 11:52 AM   #40
GT-GTF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Deposit taken
GT-GTF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2014, 11:58 AM   #41
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Local WA dealer told me he has a Blue Manual GT-F for the low price of $145k.......

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2014, 01:42 PM   #42
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh wow, you're get your knickers in a knot over someone who cashed in on an investment?

Are you really in the market or just having a whinge for the sake of it?
Single hump hard lid.
XR8 Bonnet
Colour coded mirrors.
Tint.
Reverse camera.
K&N.
More down the track...
BadMax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2014, 02:37 PM   #43
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMax View Post
someone who cashed in on an investment?
And that's the problem, it should NOT be "an investment."

If you believe that a GT F is nothing more than a collection of metal & plastic, then the guy is an idiot because its not even worth what he paid for it, much less what he's asking.

If you accept that it represents something more, then the guy is asswipe for trying to take advantage of other peoples dreams and aspirations.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:46 PM   #44
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Why is this any different to a 100+k XY GT?

It's still just a Falcon GT with someone trying to make a buck out of it.

Rare... old.. represents history? The same pillars to which the XY GT fetches top coin exist for the GT-F so I don't see how the situation differs greatly.

Stop being jealous ****** that you either a) were too slow to secure or b) can't afford to get away with doing this yourself.
8 users like this post:
Old 08-07-2014, 03:34 PM   #45
Buttnekid
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I honestly cannot believe what I am reading on this - it is called freedom of contract in the democratic society we live in.

The guy has taken a risk, he is entitled to a reward if he so chooses.

As for dealers not selling above MRP - that is total rubbish and everyone on here knows that.

As for dealer's getting raped by consumers, how is that even possible? The dealer does not have to sell at any price but the consumer has no option but to buy from the dealer, who as Gadgetman points out', is the middle man between wholesale and retail - the consumer is limited in choice of where to buy.

This guy is no different to any other guy selling a GTHO for $300k plus (or should they only be allowed to sell them for $5k as they were when new?), he has a beneficiary interest in the car via the contractual right he has - ie the promise by the dealer in the contract to deliver him the vehicle. He can on sell that vehicle as he sees fit.

Gadgetman please tell me where in an Offer to Purchase Motor Vehicle contract says the dealer can cancel at his discretion - that's not really a contract if that is the case, rather a put option for the dealer. Certainly that is not how a 'contract' is drafted in WA.
Buttnekid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-07-2014, 04:16 PM   #46
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetman View Post
Dash, They are dealers, who are not obligated by any laws to sell at any price level. They live and die by consumer demand. They have the right to charge as they see fit. If they can get 150k, it is their prerogative. I have more of an issue if someone placed at deposit at retail with the sole intent of flogging it for more before it gets to them. If a customer takes delivery of the car and sells it the next day for more, good on them. but to advertise a vehicle before its even in their custody is just downright wrong. Part of the legalities in any new vehicle contract says a dealer has the right to cancel the contract at their discretion on the proviso all deposits are refunded to the customer. I hope that guy gets caught out and the deal reversed.

Don't you work in car sales?

If so you're awfully misinformed about the contracts. A contract is a legally binding one between two parties and can only be terminated if one party breaches it. At no point can the seller have a change of heart and decide to cancel it - even if he happily refunds the money.

A franchisee is also under obligation not to sell the vehicles over retail as is outlined in their dealer agreement and consequently if investigated and found to be doing this can result in them losing their dealership altogether. There are however ways around this like selling protection packages included in the vehicle at a mark up given it is not related to the vehicle although I'm sure the manufacturer would still frown upon it.

I'd be very surprised if there were many dealers actually selling the vehicle for much more than the mid 80s they should represent based on retail - sure there's probably a ton of blokes talking about it but I doubt anyone is going to have the balls to post a copy of a contract proving it on here.